Fan Fiction ❯ A Blue Skye in the Depths of Hell ❯ Apocalypse ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Apocalypse

Nobody can understand the pain I have suffered…

Not even my best friend who has been like a brother to me since that day…

I am a tortured soul…

But one of many…

Even if I explained my life detail by detail, there would only be so much you could understand…

I believe that you have to experience something first hand…

Too fully know the hardship and pain that person goes through…

Like I have said before…

I know…

Because it happened to me…

The day that Japan had succumb to the darkness, was the day that I decided to skip school. I had become bored with school, even though we had only been back for less than a month. All my grades were high, so I basically said to hell with school I'm gonna have some fun. I didn't need to go to school, my family was wealthy, and I could get privately tutored if I wanted.

It was late summer at this point, and summer vacation was becoming distant memory. My two closest friends, Tôya, and Tori also called in 'sick'. We had the perfect day planned; well it seemed perfect at the time.

I left my house for school as usual, so that my parents wouldn't suspect anything, not that they would care much, but still it's always good to cover your tracks.

I went and met up with Tori just outside the school gates. Then from there we made our way to Tôya's house.

We found the door unlocked and open slightly, (which was our sign that every thing was safe) and entered the house. Tori and I made our way up to Tôya's room, and found him sitting at the top of the stairs waiting for us.

Tôya was my best friend and still is; He has always been there when I needed a friend to talk to.

Even though Tori and I were close friends, he never really took life seriously and thought that every thing I said was way funny in some way or another (but he tried to be serious he really did). Tôya was the only one who understood me, I could tell him my deepest thoughts and he would understand, or at least try. We had been friends for almost our whole lives.

I first met Tôya when I was five; he wasn't so crazy back then, just a shy little blonde boy. Me on the other hand, I was the complete opposite. I had been tall for my age, with unruly brown hair and unfortunately for him I was buzzed on sugar when we first met. Personally I think that I scared him, but somehow he got use to me and my energetic side and we became friends.

Tôya may have had a lot of money and seemed happy, but that was just for show. He had never shown his true side to anyone except me. On the inside Tôya's soul was deeply scarred and darkened, with grief, loss, and betrayal. When Tôya was young he had witnessed his fathers' death, and a brutal death it was. When he had told me, I almost threw up. After his fathers death, Tôya's mother had gone into a sever state of depression, and began dosing up on any type of drug she could get her hands on, no matter how dangerous. She ended up in an institute, and Tôya went to live with his aunt and uncle. But unfortunately it didn't end there; his mother escaped from the institute and kidnapped him. When the police found him he was barley alive, and his mother was dead. Tôya never spoke about his mother's death, or how she really died. The police said that she had probably killed herself, but one thing puzzled them. She had been shot in the head, but there was no gun. Secretly I think that Tôya had killed her, but I had never asked him.

Tôya still lived with his aunt and uncle, in the eastern suburbs of Tokyo. Their house was only eight blocks away from the high school we went to, and not that far away from Tori's house.

It was quit convenient, because we could see each other whenever we wanted.

Tôya sat at the top of the stairs, with his back leaning against his bedroom door. He smiled slightly when he saw us; he only ever seemed to smile when his friends were around.

"So you came, I was beginning to think that you two had chickened out and gone to school."

His tone had been sarcastic and his gaze fixed on Tori. Tôya knew that I would never lose my nerve and go to school, but Tori was not so daring. He had ditched us a couple of times in the past, but neither Tôya nor I had ever gotten mad at him.

As usual Tôya was dressed in all black, the only color was from his slightly tanned skin, the silver hoop through his lower lip, the metallic red bar that went through his left eye brow, and the red and ash blonde highlights in his unnaturally raven black shoulder length hair.

He opened his bedroom door and we all went in, then being the lazy bums we were, we slept half the day away.

When the three of us finally got up, we decided that we needed to do something other than sleeping, so we left Tôya's house and took the bus to the city. We were all grateful that Tokyo was so big, because no matter where we went nobody recognized us. There would be the odd occasion when we would see a familiar face, but we would always get lost in the crowded streets. On that particular day we just walked around aimlessly, pushing each other, cursing, and acting like jerks. Then when we found a quiet spot to ourselves we got high, well only Tori and I. Tôya vowed that he would never fall in to the same deadly web as his mother, so he just followed us around his expression always neutral.

That was one thing that I never understood, Tôya would never join Tori or myself in smoking weed, but he never stopped us either. When I had asked him why, he just said it was up to us if we wanted to ruin our lives, and that even if he did say something we would not listen. After hearing Tôya's reason I had felt guilty, but being the brat I was, I continued doing my own thing.

By the time we were done intoxicating ourselves (we being Tori and my self), and we had sat around long enough to get some of our sense back, the three of us began to make our way back to Tôya's house. I don't know how I managed it but I saw the thing first, there was a big black cloud heading towards Tokyo. I thought that I was seeing things because I was high, but Tôya came to my side looking at the same thing I was.

Tori just continued walking, or should I say stumbling down the street. He finally realized that we were no longer by his side. He fell sideways, or I assume he did and fell to the ground. I glanced over my shoulder and saw him roll on to his back, he was laughing hysterically and his scruffy dark brown shoulder length hair fell across his sweat dampened face. But I was not interested in Tori at that point in time, so I returned my gaze to the darkness coming towards the city. Tori's laughter soon ceased; obviously he now saw what we did, and I heard his clumsy footsteps behind me, then felt his full weight on my back.

"What the hell is that?"

I think it was a generalized question, but I still answered him.

"How the hell am I supposed to know? I'm just as stoned as you are moron!"

Then I pushed Tori off of me; my back had begun to hurt from having his full weight on me. I heard him mumble under his breath at me, but I just ignored him.

I turned my attention to Tôya who know had his eyes closed, and his hands hung loosely at his sides his palms facing outwards.

This wasn't unusual; I had seen Tôya doing this kind of thing before. Whenever he did this he was supposedly tapping in to the spiritual realm. Along with every thing else, Tôya had joined up with many groups who practiced black magic, but instead of hurting people with his so-called powers, he helped them. I once saw him do something that I thought was impossible, when I asked him what he was doing, he told me that he was practicing moving objects with his mind. I pretended that I believed him and never spoke of what I had seen again, well until now any way.

I watched silently not wanting to break his concentration, but Tori was no so courteous and began to laugh again. But as soon as I turned around and glared at him, he decided it was a good time to shut up.

I jumped slightly, when I turned away from Tori and came face to face with Tôya. His emerald green eyes were filled with fear and he played with the satanic star hanging from the black chain around his neck.

"It's… they…" he took a deep breath. At this point I felt my stomach begin to knot, Tôya was never so unsure of himself.

"What? What have you seen?"

I saw him swallow hard, and he stopped playing with his chain and started on his black spiked leather wristband.

"The darkness is coming, we're going to fall like the rest of the world."

I felt choked my small-minded world of money and power was slowly dissolving before my very eyes. I shook my head, looking at Tori before looking back at Tôya.

"Your wrong, Japan will never fall."

Tôya shook his head, before grabbing my shoulders roughly and shaking me.

"Wake up Taran, you need to open your eyes and see past the small world you live in, please you need to listen to me. I have always listened to you now you must do the same. Look at the whole world and not just your own for if you don't you will loose your life."

I just stood in shock, everything that I had known, and been taught was being contradicted. I had felt so confused. Nothing made any sense.

I looked at Tori who obviously had no clue what was going on, then I felt Tôya's grip on my shoulders loosen.

" You know what I'm saying is true, I would never lie to you. Come on, I know a place where we will be safe."

I only heard half of what he said, my mind still trying to comprehend the fact that no sum of money or amount of power someone had in the business world could stop the evil that was approaching quickly. Before I could say anything I felt myself being dragged, some how I managed to grab Tori's shirt haling him to his feet, and dragging him along behind me. I was now running behind Tôya, my mind still in a daze, then it hit me like lightning hits a tree. My heart stopped, and my feet froze.

Tôya turned to me, concern played across his face.

"What, what's wrong?"

His voice was full of apprehension and fear, I finally found my voice but it only sounded like a whisper to me.

"What about my family?"