Fan Fiction ❯ A Lost Angel ❯ Flashbacks and regrets ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Mending a Broken Heart

Two drops of tears fell from her eyes as she stood there, in front of him, listening to every single hurtful word that came out of his mouth.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I just don't love you the way I did anymore. I love someone else. So let's just end it here.

Sixteen-year-old Alexandra Heart stared at her six-year term boyfriend, Scott Jamerson, in shock. They have been together for six years and he chose now to tell her that he didn't love her.

"Scott! How could you do this to me?! You said that you loved me and that you always will!" Alex screamed.

Scott closed his eyes from Alex's tear-stained face. He still did love her deeply, but he didn't know if their relationship could handle long distance. He didn't want to let her go, but he had to. For his own sake and hers. He swallowed hard and forced the bitter words out. "I don't love you, Alex. Besides, you're going to school in California and I'm leaving for Washington. We would never have worked out anyways."

"You're giving up hope about our love, aren't you? Why do I have a sudden feeling that you don't trust me? I felt you drifting away from me the instant I told you about California."

"You're right. I don't trust you. I don't trust you when you're somewhere that I'm not. I don't know if you'll stay faithful or not. So why not end it here?"

Half of the answer was true. How would he know if she'd stay true or not. The other part was because he didn't know if he could stay faithful to her.

Alex stepped back and stared at Scott in disbelief that he had said that. He didn't trust her? If he was gonna let go of her, then she would make him regret that he ever did.

Alex turned and walked towards the door before turning around. "You will regret ever letting me go, Scott. Not now, not tomorrow, but one day. I loved you and I thought you loved me too. I was wrong. Good-bye, Scott." Alex walked back over to where Scott stood. She placed one hand on his cheek and gently rubbed the soft skin. She stood up on her toes until their lips met.

Scott could feel his arms aching to hold her but fought it. He tried deepening the kiss but she pulled back. She gave him another quick kiss before walking out the door, leaving Scott behind. He stared at the closed doors, thinking if it was a right thing letting her go. She was right about one thing. He would regret letting her go because he was starting to regret it now. He fell to his knees when he felt his legs give out under him. Scott buried his head in his arms and cried like there was no tomorrow. She was gone. He made her go. Scott started to wonder why he let Alex go.

~End of Flashback~