Fan Fiction ❯ A Lost Angel ❯ A love lost ( Epilogue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Pain started to fill his heart as he stared at the figure in front of him. Tears rolled freely down his face as he bowed his head in hurt.

It was his fault that Alex was laying there. If he hadn't lied to her, then she would still be there with him probably laughing over something. Now she was gone and he would never see that heart-warming smile of hers or those beautiful eyes that would always bring peace and comfort to him when he needed it. Never would he be able to wake up next to her or go through the day thinking that he would be going home to a girl who loved him as much as he loved her, if not more. Never again would he be able to say `I love you' to her and hear her say it back to him again.

He had lied about not loving her. In all honesty, he did. He loved her more than life itself. If he had known that him lying to her would cause the accident that took her life that night, he never would have done it. He shouldn't have lied to her about his feelings, but at the time, it seemed like the right thing to do. He thought that by holding onto her, it wouldn't be fair to either of them. So he got afraid and he let go of her. He had her trust, faith, and love before. But he lost them all by lying to her that night. He caused her to be lying there, lifeless, in that coffin. But he had no doubt in his mind that she would have been the one he married and lived eternity with. Whenever he looked into her eyes, he saw his future, his love, and most importantly, his heart. Now, he won't be able to see those things anymore, for those eyes would never open anymore. They were closed for good.

A couple of hours after Alex had left; Scott received a phone call that changed his life forever. Alex's mother had called and told him that Alex had been in a car accident. Once the words left her mouth, he felt his world fall apart.

Alex had said that he would regret letting her go and he did because what he did had cost him her life and his eternity. He had been thinking of ways to apologize to Alex for breaking up with her, but he didn't get a chance to. And from the looks of it, he will never.

As he stared at the stone he whispered, "I'm sorry." He placed a promise ring that he had given he four years ago on top of the soil. A love ring and on the stone wrote:

Alexandra Heart

1985-2001

A loving daughter, sister and a friend. We will miss her dearly.

Scott stood there for a bit longer before touching the stone gently. "Good-bye, Alex. I love you and I always will." With that said and two teardrops on the stone, Scott walked away from the place.