Fan Fiction ❯ A Raven's Cry ❯ Home again... ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: Wow, it's been a long time since my last update. I haven't abandoned this story, or anything, I've just had writer's block. Hopefully, now that I've gotten this chapter out of the way, I can get them out a little faster.

A Raven's Cry

Chapter 21

Later on in the day, Raven and Beastboy sat together on a couch in the common area. "We've got to make a doctor's appointment."
"Actually, it will be better to talk to a midwife in Azerath, if our baby has powers like mine, we want someone there who knows how to deal with it."
"Yeah, I guess that would be a good idea."
"We can go tomorrow, if nothing comes up."
Beastboy looked up at the clock on the wall, "The day's still young, why not go now? We'll go see your mother, spend the night there, then go talk to a midwife."
"Alright. I'll let Robin know, then we can pack and go." As Raven started to stand, Robin walked in. "Speak of the devil."
"Hey guys." Robin said, "How do you two feel about giving an interview?"
Beastboy answered first, "With who, and why?"
"Channel 8 news, and something about us growing up."
"Can't do it today." Raven began, "We're going to go tell my mother the good news, we won't be back until tomorrow."
"Tomorrow at two then?"
"Sounds good."
Robin lifted the handset of a cordless phone to his ear, "They all agree, how's tomorrow?"
That was all that Beastboy and Raven heard as they went to their room to pack for their trip.

--------------------

Beastboy dropped a crumpled pair of jeans into his duffel bag and turned back to his dresser to search for a t-shirt. Raven looked down at the jeans and shook her head with a sigh as she picked them up and folded them. "Do you even know how to fold your clothes?"
"Of course I do, I just don't usually. I'm only gonna put them on later." He pulled another rumpled shirt out of his drawer and studied it. "Of course, I guess it's about time I grew up, huh? If I'm gonna be a good father." He folded the shirt and set it on the jeans already in his bag.
"I think I'm ready, so as soon as you're ready, we can go."
Beastboy dropped a few last minute items into his bag and pulled it closed. "Cool, we can just say goodbye to the others and get going."
Raven slid the door open and they both stepped into the hall and walked to the common area. There they saw Starfire watching an episode of The World of Fungus, Cyborg in the kitchen cooking a steak, and Robin sitting at a computer console, hard at work as always. “We’re heading out guys." Beastboy said.
"See you all tomorrow morning or afternoon."
"Before you go," Robin said, looking up from his computer, "how do you know that your teleport won't be hijacked like last time?"
"I'm taking some precautions to prevent that. I won't teleport through without doing that for a long time."
"Alright then, have fun."
"Goodbye, Friends!" Starfire called as she flew over and swept Beastboy into a bone crushing hug, before giving Raven a considerably gentler one.
"See ya tomorrow, grass stain, Raven."
Beastboy put his arm around Raven's waist as they walked along the hallway to their room. Once inside Raven quickly prepared the spell that would insure their safety on their trip to Azerath. Beastboy grabbed both of their duffel bags and slipped one onto each shoulder, before stepping into the circle that Raven had drawn on their floor in white powder. "All ready?" he asked.
"Yup." Raven stepped into the circle and spoke a short spell. The circle around them flashed white, then they were gone.

--------------------

Raven knocked lightly on the front door of her mother's house. After a brief pause the door opened and they could see Jasmine standing on the other side. "Raven, Beastboy! Come in, I was just fixing dinner."
"Good, I'm starved." Raven said as they walked in. They walked into the large house and Beastboy set his bags near the door. "Do you mind if we stay the night mom? There's something I have to do here in the morning."
"Of course I don't mind, stay as long as you need to." All three of them walked into the kitchen and Raven mother immediately set to work preparing the meal. There were already two extra setting at the table, and enough to feed the four of them.
"Were you expecting company?" Raven asked.
"Well, I knew someone was coming, and bringing news, but that was it. So what's your news?"
"I'll wait till dad's back, that way I only have to tell it once."
"Alright, dear. You two have a seat, and your father should be home soon." She began setting large bowls at the table, and Beastboy soon realized that she had prepared more than food than he had first thought. "A little bit of that cult that ct your honey moon short is still lurking around, but your father and his bloodhounds will soon have them taken care of, you can count on that." She stopped and stared at the table, "I think I made too much."
"Don't worry, mom, I'm sure that between me and dad, we can finish it all."
"You've never had much of an appetite, dear." Raven's mother said. Before she had a chance to ask any questions, though, Raven's father walked in.
"Raven! What brings you back home?"
"Yes, Raven, your father's here now, so why don't you tell us your news?" Jasmine stood next to Micah and put an arm around his waist.
"Well..." Raven felt Beastboy step up behind her, his hand finding hers, "I'm going to have a baby."
Jasmine's eyes lit up as Micah broke into a wide grin. "Raven, that's wonderful." she said as she ran to give her a hug.
"You two got right to work, didn't you?" Micah asked.
"Dad." Raven scolded as they all sat at the table.
"I can't believe I'm going to be a grandmother, this is so wonderful. Have you two decided where you're going to have your baby?"
"Right here would be best, I don't want to put a human doctor through that."
"Hm, I can see how that would be a bad thing. I'll talk to a midwife in the morning, set up a visit for you." Jasmine said as she filled Raven's plate. "Now, eat up, honey."