Fan Fiction ❯ Age of Lonliness ❯ Explanation that Leads to Horrible Temptation... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

D'ello!! This is my first Zelda fic that isn't a crossover! Yay! You don't care!

Anyways, it's dark, and strange at first so…… gimme a break plz….. It's been so long since I was obsessing over Legend of Zelda! R&R!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Explanation that leads to horrid temptation……

That voice……

So hollow……

Who is she?

Why am I hearing…… seeing this……?

What does she want!?

"The essence of courage…… only chance…… come to me, hero"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*

Sweat beads lined his burning forehead as the morning sun rose over the forbidden forest; home to the Kokiri. The young boy sat bolt upright, breathing uneasily.

"That dream again……"

He flicked one of his blonde bangs to the side and out of his line of vision as he looked around his home. It was as if he had never been there before. The faint twinkling light from his friend, Navi, caught his eye and he turned to face her.

The fairy frowned to him, "Link…… are you feeling okay?" she asked, concerned for her friend.

"I had that dream again…… this time, I heard her true voice……" Link began, bringing his bright blue eyes to the floor.

"You still don't know who she is, or what she wants?" Navi chimed, landing next to Link on his bedpost.

The Hylian shook his head, "Ever since I came back to live in the forest, and Saria became the Sage…… I keep having that girl…… that creature haunting my dreams, calling me to her…… Navi, I'm so confused. What does she want with me? The place…… it's like I've been there thousands of times…… and she knows; she knows who I am……" he stood up and tucked his braided ponytail into his green elf-like hat, then pulled on his usual Kokiri attire, the green tunic and dark brown boots. Link, after becoming the hero of time, and returning the ocarina to zelda as well as the master sword to the temple of light, he had moved back to live in Kokiri forest for eight long years. The Hylian had grown to age 15 now, and yes, reaching such an age and being the specie that he was, he was now much taller than most of the Kokiri children that inhabited the forbidden forest he called his home now; bwahaha, including Mido.

"Link……" his fairy fluttered up to him. "Explain to me what happens when you dream of this strange girl……" she requested of him, raising a small brow.

Link sighed, sitting on the floor next to his bed, "Well…… it kind of goes like this;"

"I'm in the lost woods around midnight, There's all sorts of sprytes, and fairies…… flying around me. It's cold; I can see my breath leaving my mouth as I trudge on…… I go deeper and deeper into the forest until finally I make it to the Forest Temple. So, I just sit down on the lone tree-stump under the entrance, and somehow I pull out the ocarina of time and begin to play some strange melody I've never even heard of before……" He closed his eyes, trying to keep from getting to into his explanation, "And suddenly, I hear a soft, almost muffled voice…… calling for me…… saying `The essence of courage is my only hope…… please…… come to me……' then I start to hear the same song I was playing on the ocarina in the distance…… but it sounded like it was coming from behind the temple! I stand up, and head for it, but I always wake up…… I don't know what's behind it…… what's causing this dream to plague me……" he sighed lightly, and leaned back a bit.

Navi looked down for a second, "……How about we think more of it in the morning? It's about 10:30 pm, Link… you need quite a bit more sleep……" she suggested.

Link nodded, yawning, and crawled back up into bed. "See ya, Navi……" he said, and watched his long-time friend fly out the door. The hero of time stared at the ceiling of his house for what seemed like forever, thinking of that dream he kept going on and on about. "I should go…… go find out for myself who she is……" he whispered out loud to himself. He rolled over slightly and looked out the window to see the position of the moon, and came to the conclusion that it was now 11:15. "Gods…… I've been doing nothing forever." He spoke out loud to himself again. He sat up, and leaned forward on his knees, resting on his elbows. His eyes drifted to his gilded sword and Hylian shield. "Ohhh…… What will it hurt?!" He sprang up, curiosity filling him, and he swung his sheath on his shoulder, as well as his shield on his back, and headed out the door, headed for the Lost woods……

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chappy 1 complete! ^^;;; Heh, I hope you like so far! Sorry I ended it so quickly, it's like…… 1:23 am, so I'm kinda tired. Stick around for Chap 2, up soon!!! Review!! ;-;!!!