Fan Fiction ❯ Amoriods ❯ The destiny begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Armoriods

Chapter 1

The destiny begins

I awoke to the sound of deep snoring and mumbling.

`And he says I snore. There is a log factory sleeping in the other bed,' I thought sitting up. My golden brown hair molded into its normal position as I ran my hand through it. I slid out of bed and tripped over my friends bag falling flat on my face. Jim stopped snoring for a second then rolled over and fell back to sleep. I picked myself up and lifted up his bag and threw it at him. He caught it and put it next to him not missing a beat. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the light and shut the door. I held my hand over my eyes till they became accustomed to the light. I brushed my teeth and turned on the shower. I tossed my clothes in the hamper next to my bag and got in the shower. I washed up and got dressed with the clothes that us soldiers are told to wear. I walked out of the bathroom and flipped on all the lights and grabbed a bucket. I filled it up with ice-cold water and walked back to Jim's bed. I tipped the bucket and poured it all over his head. He shot up teeth chattering.

"Women and children to the life boats we're going down!" he yelled out. I slammed him over the head with the bucket.

"How are we going down cap'n? We are land lubbers right now," I said to him setting the bucket back in the kitchen.

"Why did you wake me up so early?" Jim asked getting up.

"It's Ten o'clock you nit wit," I replied. Getting up.

"Then how come it's dark out?" Jim asked yawning deeply.

"The shade is down," I said pulling it down and letting it go so it flipped over it self at the top.

"Noooooo! Natural light! I'm melting, melting," Jim cried out faking his death.

"Well melt in the shower. That way I won't have to pay for the rug cleaner," I replied throwing clothes at him.

"Yes master," Jim said saluting. I threw his bag in his face and he went into the bathroom. I grabbed my handgun and rifle. Today was a mission and I was going to be prepared. I then strapped my trusty, handy dandy, all-purpose, combat knife (dah, dah, da-dah (trumpet sounds)) and put it in my belt sheath. I looked over my rifle. Then newest gun rifle that could be used as standard issue, had to beg for it but it still works for me, and I had bought a shotgun attachment but I just have the grenade launcher equipped.

`Better to have something to blind the enemy Armoriod if possible then attack it when it is futile. Always a good lesson,' I though equipping the gun with the grenade launcher putting the flashlight hook up on my belt. The shotgun attachment works like a normal shotgun but with the ability to hook on. Although it is a little small I slung it around my shoulder and looked my, so-called, handsome looks in the mirror next to the front door. I grinned and slung my rifle around my other shoulder. I waited by the door for a minute before pounding on the bathroom door.

"Yo mister hour shower! We got work to go to! We got a mission and you get your new Armoriod today!" I yelled out pounding on the door.

"I'm shaving! Keep your pants on. One more minute," he replied.

"Okay I'll meet you there. I'll take my bike and start filling out the paper work," I relented walking out the door. I pulled out my keys and turned on the bike. I grabbed the controls and revved the bike up. I rode down the street slowly so I wouldn't cause anyone to get mad. Even though it was ten o'clock it still is the weekend. I got onto the highway and sped up to the speed limit. I got some strange looks driving with some weaponry. A cop pulled up next to me but I flashed my military badge. He just nodded and pulled over to the side of the road with out contesting me. I drove into the base and parked in the garage then started walking to the hangar. I waved to a few people I knew and when I stepped into the hangar I looked up at my famous Armoriod. I picked up a sheet showing its stats.

Armoriod GS-567

Codenamed: Warrior 1

A standard GS model with a medium assault rifle and grenade hook up. Made for all around abilities not made to succeed in certain areas. A custom attachment of light wings with two light missal launcher and they are exchangeable for the SC-45 Mortar launcher. The left hand holds a beam sword in an expanding arm guard. The right hand has been upgraded for long ranged fire but both arms may be used to fire weapons.

Pilot: Cody Suster

A well-known fighter. Can fight with guns, blades, and most energy weapons. Decorated with many medals though he doesn't wear them unless commanded to. Known for acting more on his instinct than his brain or orders in battle. Leader of the duo known as the Infiltrators.

I looked up at the blue painting on Warrior 1before climbing up to the cockpit. I switched on all the systems to get ready for the morning's mission to a different planet. We are to arrive at night to make a drop in on an enemy base then fall back to the outpost where a transport would pick us up and bring us to the base of operations twenty miles away. I walked Warrior 1 to the loading area when I saw Jim's jeep pulling in. I sat down at the loading area and started to fill out the sheet for the loading and new, replacement, Armoriod for Jim. He accidentally blew his up on the last mission. He rescued the hostages and saved the base but his machine got hit by a mortar dead on and put him in the hospital and his machine in the scrap yard. I laughed at the memory of him waking up in the hospital and the news of his machine.

"You telling me that my machine was on fire? I had three hundred dollars in there!" Jim cried out when I told him. Jim knew he was lucky to have all his limbs. Pure luck the mortar had hit the cockpit cover around Jim to keep the fire and shrapnel away. I looked up to see Jim as he yawned walking to the plane.

"So where is my replacement machine?" Jim asked looking at me.

"Inside. It's an exact copy of your old one with all your data in it. Just minus the few hundred dollars," I told him jerking a thumb back.

"I needed that money too," Jim complained walking it. Jim's machine was a copy of mine but instead of wings he had a jet pack. It gave him more speed but he had no spare shield on the ground. I sat up as my Armoriod was loaded and I walked into the ship. Jim and I both had a set of clothes in our Armoriods and I put his bag in when it was first delivered a week ago. I walked to the pilot's area and talked to him. I nodded and turned back to the ship's cargo. I waved to Jim as he checked out his replacement Armoriod. One thing that drove every one nuts was our ability to destroy so much that some insurance agencies put on their contracts, `Do not cover acts of The infiltrators,' I walked into the pilot's room and sat down and closed my eyes. My weapons crunched against my back so I got up and put them in Warrior 1. I kept my handgun and knife but left the shotgun attachment with my rifle in my Armoriod.

`Six hours till drop point. But the time there will be eleven o'clock. Better get some more shut eye,' I closed my eyes and fell asleep. Jim and I had trained our bodies to fall asleep on command weather we needed it or not. A useful little talent. Six hours passed till I woke up and grabbed some food. I ate it and then walked into the cargo hold. I got in Warrior 1 and started up the machine.

"Twenty minutes till the drop," the captain said over the speaker. I turned the COM on between Jim and I waiting for the sound to come in.

"Snore…snore…snore," I heard from the other end. I sweat dropped and hit a buzzer.

"Snore…(buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) uh…mmsnore…snore," Jim went under before waking up.

"Jim get up or no food," I said in a normal voice.

"Food?" Jim asked fully awake.

"Better get it now. We'll be dropping in fifteen minutes," I told him checking the sensors. I heard running footsteps then a door slamming. More footsteps and a door opening. The door shut and the machine beside me was rocked as Jim threw himself in and closed the cockpit door. I heard panels opening as Jim stuffed food into the compartments. I rolled my eyes as I watched the countdown meter.

"Let's get going," I whispered arming the weapons.

"Get ready to go! In three! Two! One!" the pilot said as the doors opened. I was launched out into the inky night.