Fan Fiction ❯ Amoriods ❯ Who wants some? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Armoriods

Chapter 2

Who wants some?

I spread the wings on warrior's back and float to the ground, complete forest, five miles away from the base. Jim sets down next to me. I hold up my hand and point into the forest. Jim nodes and takes off. I lift my rifle into the air and quietly run through the forest. A bullet flies past my head, I'm referring to the Armoriod from now on, and I lean back dodging the second round. I level my rifle at the enemy and fire three shots. The head gets blown through and the gun knocked away. The last shot hits the right leg knocking it down. I straighten up and set my rifle away. It wouldn't do too much good in this forest. I kept my guard up with my hands and let my sensors scan around. My radar blipped as I walked into a clearing. I jerked back as a Mechiod jumped up out of the tress pulling out an energy ax. I pulled out my energy sword and blocked it shoving the Mechiod to the ground. It launched at me again and I blocked it. I pulled back my left hand and punched it across the face. It took a step back to balance out. My radar blipped again and I jumped back still keeping my sword locked with the ax. Another Mechiod hit the ground where I was just standing and hit its blade on mine pinning it to the ax. I looked at both of them then at a Mechiod as it walked out of the forest. I pulled out my rifle again with my left hand and shot at the Mechiod. I destroyed it as another jumped out of the forest. I jumped up spinning around in the air and landing opposite of where I was. An ax, sword and staff now crossed my sword. I looked at them as they tried to push me back. I pulled up my rifle as one flew out of the trees flying into the air.

"Jim I could use a hand," I said into the COM.

"A little busy," he replied as an explosion went off nearby. The one that looked like it had jumped fell to the ground and blew up behind the one with the sword. He fell forward impaling itself on the weapons. I shoved the weapons back and pointed my rifle at the one on the right getting directly between the two Mechiods. I fired one-shot point blank range and my elbow shot back from the kickback and from my motion to slam into the one now behind me. It flew backwards into a tree and fell down not getting up. The one I shot had done the same but blew up when it landed. Jim burst out of the tress with gun drawn and looked around.

"I think we should stay together," I told him putting my back to him covering his blind spot.

"My thought exactly," Jim replied looking around as I put away my blade to save the energy. We walked through the forest not encountering any more enemies till the edge of the forest. I stopped and so did Jim.

"Which door do you want?" I asked looking at the two ways in.

"Let me find a way to make this easy. I got a quarter here somewhere…" Jim said moving inside his cockpit. I shook my head and sighed.

"Aha! Heads I take the right, tails the left," Jim said tossing the coin into the air. I heard it ricochet off something and Jim cursing then it rolling then a ticker, ticker as it fell down.

"Um…I lost it down a vent," Jim said sheepishly.

"Just like your brain. I'll flip a coin," I said to Jim taking out a coin and flipping it into the air and catching it.

"Same idea as you," I said lifting my hand up.

"Heads. I got the right. You got left then," I said putting the coin back into my pocket. I moved over to the door and looked in. Several Mechiods wandered around.

`At least they aren't Armoriods,' I thought cocking my rifle. I turned the corner and fired. Jim at his door did the same and we took them by surprise, even though they were watching for us, and destroyed many of them.

"Jim I'll cover you. You go get the data and I'll fend of the insects," I said kneeing one in the gut knocking it over, its gyro crushed. I looked around as Jim ran into the building to get the data.

"Who wants some?" I asked out loud. An alarm sounded as a garage opened. Out stepped a fierce looking Armoriod.

`Me and my big mouth,' I thought.

"Uh oh. Hey Jim. Mind hurrying up because it is going to get ugly out here," I said leveling my rifle. The enemy looked at me and raised a large gun. I rolled to the right as a large beam shot out of the gun.

"Jim! This isn't the time to dottle! This thing has got beam weapons!" I cried out hiding behind a building. A blast destroyed the wall next to me.

"I need ten minutes! Buy me some time," Jim responded sounding overworked.

"I'll do the best I can," I replied jumping into the air and engaging the wings. I shot up into the air as the beam passed me by. I cut the engines and another beam flew just in front of me. I landed a kick right in the face bringing it down to meet the earth. I crouched down on it and fired the rifle right into the chest.

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" a feminine voice cried out inside the machine. I shot my beam sword into the air and caught it with my left arm. I brought it down cutting off the right arm and leaving it at the neck.

"Jim, hurry up. I don't know is I can keep it down this way," I said to him as the enemy Armoriod struggled under the weight of my Armoriod.

"I'm on my way out. I'll get out of the base shooting everywhere to cause some chaos. You come out after the count of ten," Jim said as I saw his Armoriod get up and boost out of the base.

"Rodger," I replied cutting the left arm off of the enemy mech. I finished counting and jumped up onto the building behind the machine. I landed and ran across the building. I jumped and landed on a secret garage as more Mechiods tried to get out. I crushed the mechanics that opened it and kept running. I blew through the door into a firefight. Jim was under attack by three helicopters and three Mechiods. I jumped into the air tackling one helicopter and then falling onto one of the mechs. I plunged my beam sword down into it blowing it up underneath me. I jumped up as it blew to land on the ground a lot harder than I intended to. My legs shot off sparks as the hydraulic shocks strained to keep the machine from toppling. Jim finished off the other helicopters and one more of the Mechiods. The last ran off before I could get it. I limped to the forest and engaged the wings again. I took off into the air and sighed in relief. We were out of the worst of it.

"Okay that was harder than I thought," Jim said flying beside me.

"Yeah, I'll agree to that. What was the info they wanted?" I asked.

"It was data on a special Armoriod that was being built there. This thing was built to stand some serious punishment. With lots of weapons…man this thing could take on an army of us and win," Jim said angry. I shook my head.

`This mission wasn't over then. This was recon and next we go in a destroy it,' I thought landing at the outpost.

"So how long do we wait?" Jim asked.

"Twenty minutes. Send me over the data. I want to look at our enemy," I said looking up into the sky. The file came over and I was scared looking at the thing. Seven pairs of machine guns lined the body with two high output beam weapons one for each arm. Two beam swords and two large missal launchers. Its speed was increased with the boosters fitted on the back and legs. This thing could take on an army. I whistled looking at the ammo.

"Man that is enough to take on an army," I agreed with Jim. I relaxed till a blip on my radar told my to look up. The transport landed and I limped Warrior 1 on. It was a mission well done and I couldn't have asked for more.

"I'll buy you a drink Cody once we got to base," Jim said.

"Don't bother. I don't drink on missions but you can knock yourself out as long as you don't kill yourself on the next mission," I replied.

"Warrior 1 and Replay 1 you are set to board," the pilot said.

"We thank you for the lift," I replied limping on. Jim followed making one last sweep of the area. Then the bay closed and we were off to our base for the next month or two.