Fan Fiction ❯ Amoriods ❯ The news of the problem ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Armoriods

Chapter 3

The news of the problem

Jim and I had set down in the base and had unpacked, got our way around, had some food, a shower and some twelve hours of sleep. I looked in on my Armoriod to see the repairs to the leg were going good. I was to be debriefed on the attack with Jim in three hours and Jim had yet to wake up. My gun was safely set in my machine and I had a full stomach and was bored out of my mind.

"You must be Cody. My name is Rushara. I am the lead lutienent here," a lady said to me holding out her hand. I shook it and then turned back to my Armoriod and whistled softly. Rushara cleared her throat trying to get my attention. I stopped whistling long enough to say, "You want to say something say it," before starting to whistle again. She looked at me and nodded.

"I had been informed of your talents and want to offer you a job," she said.

"You want me to fight out a battle till I destroy the new Armoriod and all its data and hopefully turn the advantage back to home. I have heard it before lady and all I can tell you is that I expected that's why I had them repair it the best they could and packed five days worth of clothes," I said not even looking at her. She was taken aback but quickly recovered. Though not fast enough to get by me.

"My partner feels the same way, miss Rushara. Now if you excuse me I'll be on my way," I told her walking off. I didn't sound rude just battle weary. I walked to the roof of the base and looked at the view of the valley behind the base and mountains around the other way. This base had one way in by land but several ways out by air.

"If I have to go through another seven month semi-war I'll go crazy," I said silently. I sighed and took a deep breath letting my cares go away before turning to go back into the base. A few hours past and I was standing in the office of the general of the base. Jim was next to me still half asleep.

"Okay. I have heard that you two are the best team of two. Maybe the best we got," he said looking at a folder of both of us. I was more professional than Jim, as could the picture of Jim sticking his tongue out at the camera for the army archives, but he had connections up the ying-yang. I still have no idea how he gets the parts and money for our Armoriods.

"I guess you could say that," I replied shaking Jim out of his half awake state.

"Well from the data you two got and the info we already had we can assume that they are working on a new machine to over take this planet and others," he said.

"Well Jim you got the data what did you see in there?" I asked him looking over.

"Several large labs with high-tech expensive equipment and lots of resources to build an army of the machines Cody faced. What say you partner?" Jim asked me. I sighed knowing how he worked.

"Well they are certainly powerful. If put in the hands of a capable pilot they could take on most army divisions no problem. I faced one that was obviously not complete and piloted by a novice. Its cannons almost fried my entire left side. I was lucky for the quick maneuvering of Jim or I wouldn't be here to explain it. All I did was disable it and get away. I had to keep it pinned by resting my Armoriod on it but if the chest gun was loaded I would have been fried," I said. The general nodded his head gravely.

"Well that means that we need to stop their procedures in building it. I have been told that you have been asked to continue your stay to fight these things," the general said.

"Yes lutienent Rushara already asked me for this. Jim and I have been prepared for this so we are set to deal with it on one condition," I said.

"That is?" the general asked.

"That Cody and I work on our own but are given full access to the base and its supplies. We will not take orders from you if we think they are useless. We are to be consulted on any mission with nothing held back. Believe me we have been in worse situations than this and we can handle almost any problem," Jim said seriously. The general was taken aback by Jim's forwardness and surprised at how this condition gave us a lot of freedom in our battles. The general slowly nodded to this and Jim and I grinned at each other.

"So now what will you do?" the general asked.

"We'll check out your supply on equipment and see if there is anything worth using," Jim said nodding and walking out. I saluted quickly and followed close behind.

"I'll check the hangar to see what weapons I can come up with. Then check supplies to see what we have in a pinch," Jim said. I nodded thinking.

"I'll check out the base records for any back way out and any classified data about this place. Meet at our room in a few hours," I said walking away from Jim. I found the computer room and started to work. I got all the blueprints up to see very little secret about this base. Two or three secret passageways but no hidden rooms. It just didn't make sense. I copied the data and then left. I walked to my room and sat down to open my computer. I uploaded the data and then compared it to the normal blueprints and scans I had made of the area.

"Just as I thought. A large bunker full of supplies and Armoriods," I said as Jim burst in the door singing about some girl he once knew.

"…My babyyyyyyyyy!" he cried out before I hit him on the back of the head.

"What do you have?" I asked sitting back down.

"Enough here to out live the war," he replied rubbing his head.

"Well this base has a few secrets but it won't be much to hold off if it gets attacked. I think we got set up for this job. Not that I mind," I said to Jim.

"I hear ya," he replied sitting down.

"So want to grab some food?" I asked shutting down the computer.

"Can't think on an empty stomach. Where to?" Jim asked me getting up.

"Where else do we go on a base?" I asked walking out the door.

"Might be a restaurant," Jim replied following me.

"I might knock your head through the wall," I muttered walking to the Cafeteria. Jim apparently didn't hear me because he made no further comment. I turned the corner to see four Armoriods followed by about twenty Mechiods walking into the hangar.

"Whoa," Jim and I said at the same time. We looked at the group completely forgetting our lunch idea. The machines all stepped to certain spots before shutting down and the pilots getting out. Jim's jaw hit the floor and started drooling once he noticed more than half of them were females.

"Jim if you keep drooling I might have to get you an animal license," I said to him looking down at his jaw.

"Pretty," he said not listening.

"I'll get some lunch now," I said walking off. I walked to the café and sat down. I rested while I looked at the menu from my position. I got up and walked to the ordering area.

"I'll have the peanut butter and jelly with the chicken noodle soup," I said to the guy. He raised an eyebrow before going to get the food. I waited by the pickup area and paid for my food before sitting down to eat. I munched on my food while thinking about what I had gotten into again.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," I muttered looking up to see several people walking and dragging Jim by the ear to a table. I sighed getting up. I walked over to where the girls were holding him hostage.

"Excuse me ladies but I was wondering why my pain in the ass partner is being held here?" I asked smirking at Jim.

"So he is your partner huh?" a girl with blue hair asked me.

"Sometimes I wonder why but yes he is my partner," I replied grinning down at Jim who was squirming under his ear being twisted.

"He was a bit rude…so we thought to teach him a lesson," the blue haired girl said grinning at Jim.

"Cody I didn't, Ow, I didn't do anything to hurt them I just tried to score a date," Jim pleaded with me. I sighed and shook my head. I looked to the girls all at once.

"If my partner here did anything to offend you believe me when I say he has done it before no matter how many times I have had to bail him out. It is just who he is and he can't help it, believe me I know he can be a pain. I have known him for years. Just let him go and he will try, and most likely fail, in trying to leave all of you alone," I said trying to keep my partner's ear in one piece. The girls seemed to talk about it for a minute before letting go of Jim's ear and shoving him away. Jim bolted behind me and tried to stay out of their reach.

"I'll go get some lunch," Jim said swiftly walking away.

"Thanks," I said turning and walking back to my table. I finished eating when Jim came back with a try piled high. I grinned and shook my head.

"What were you thinking at the time?" I asked grinning at him.

"Uh…how beautiful they looked," Jim said smiling at me.

"You rethinking that?" I asked laughing at him,

"No just now they are dangerous to any flattering guy," Jim said starting to eat.

"Maybe you should prove yourself before trying to score a girl friend Jim," I said smiling at him.

"Like you would know mister ladies man," Jim replied laughing.

"Yeah good point," I replied laughing with him.

"Yeah it's not like they come up to you and want your number," Jim said taking a chug from his soda.

"Hey aren't you Cody Suster?" a voice asked. Jim and I both turned to see two of the girls standing behind me. I glanced at Jim.

"Here I thought you were joking," I whispered.

"Me too," Jim said.

"Yes I am Cody. Why do you ask?" I asked them. They started to giggle a lot. I shrugged at Jim.

"We wanted to see you fight in your Armoriod," one said in between giggling.

"Well I guess I could use the simulator," I said shrugging.

"So Cody you want to verse me?" Jim asked looking at me. I winked and nodded.

"Why not? It would be really cool for us to fight since we know each other's moves so well," I said nodding to them. They cheered and ran off to the table.

"…I don't know how that happened," Jim said looking at me.

"What? I didn't do a thing," I said raising my hands.

"You have some hidden talent. I know it. You always seem to do the impossible when someone mentions it," Jim said pointing his fork at me.

"And I do that because it means bailing you out of trouble," I replied grinning.

"So when do you want to do the simulator thing?" Jim asked getting off the topic.

"How about an hour after you eat? It will give us time to digest and upload our machines," I suggested leaning back in my chair. Jim nodded and finished eating. I turned to look over at the girls. They were watching us intently. I raise my eyebrow looking over and they quickly went back to eating.

"I think we got some people interested in us," I commented quietly.

"What kind and are they interest in a way I hope?" Jim asked looking around.

"You have a one track mind. Those girls as checking us out. I think they think we are competition," I replied yawning. I got up and threw away my trash and set the tray on top of the trashcan. Jim was behind me and we walked out of the room.

"So where to?" Jim asked casually.

"Simulator room. Need to upload our Armoriods then get some light practice in," I replied looking at the reflections in the metal. I turned around to see three heads looking at us. Their eyes winded and pulled back two seconds after I saw them.

"Yep they are interested in us," I said turning a corner.