Fan Fiction ❯ Amoriods ❯ What to do when girls come out of the blue? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Armoriods

Chapter 4

What to do when girls come out of the blue?

Jim and I had set up our Armoriods in the simulator and were just about to start when many people ran into the viewing area. I glanced over at Jim and he shrugged.

"I didn't know we were so popular," I said to him activating the simulator and closing the pod. I stood in a war-gone city where buildings were destroyed and crumbling. A few fires waged and many over turned cars rested around. I scanned my radar as I looked around. Knowing Jim he would try to find an area where he could snipe at me. So I took off into a building and started to climb my way up with out using my boost to give away my heat signature. I made it to the roof and stuck my head out to scan. I ducked down as three shots went by my head. I had got a picture of the area I looked. He was resting with his gun pointed at me two buildings away. I punched the wall out and jumped to the other building. I dug into the wall and stopped. I punched the wall down and climbed into the building. I moved around. Jim was probably finding some cover so I jumped up using my booster to come up facing him. He swung a fist. I dodged but I spun out of control and landed on the building behind him. I fired my rifle off trying to hit him but he ducked behind the building and I did too as bullets flew my way. I stayed there and counted. I blew out firing my bullets at the wall near him as he stuck his head out. I rolled back and waited as he tried to sneak around. I looked over the side to see him not waiting.

"Shoot," I said jumping off the side as several bullets pinged off my armor. I activated my wings and flew around the building. I went into a hole and aimed for the heat signature of his gun. I aimed up and pulled it a little to the left and fire straight up. I hit the jump jets and blew through the floor right into his rifle. One shot got off and I barely guarded it with my shield. I head -butted his head and knocked him backwards. We both fired our rifles and they shot into the air destroyed. We both looked at our hands then put some distance between us. I pulled out my beam sword, as did Jim. I launched myself at him and he blocked my attack. I jumped back and spun to the side as he tried to impale me. I brought my sword up and clashed with his. I slid to a stop inches from the edge. I twisted my arm and got my shoulder underneath his arm. I shoved up and pushed him off the edge. He twisted his arm and dragged me down with him. We fell off the building locked in combat still swinging at each other. Right before the ground we activated our jump jets and shot away from each other. I stopped and so did Jim to equal us out. I launched my missals and so did Jim. They collided in the air and made a huge explosion. Some hit me and some hit him. When the dust cleared we looked at each other. My left arm dead and his left arm dead. My right shoulder was shooting off sparks. I took off at a dead run right at him and Jim did the same. We met at the middle and swung our swords yelling battle cries. Light flashed and we rebounded off each other. I didn't see the next footage because my screen went blank and the pod opened. I stepped out and looked at Jim.

"Who won?" I asked him.

"I dunno," Jim said looking at the screen showing our battle. We both lay on the ground with the other's sword piercing our cockpits. We sweat dropped and so did everyone else.

"I guess it is a draw," I said laughing at myself. We turned to see people holding bets cry out in dismay. I walked out of the room to see the blue haired girl staring at me. I waved and started to walk away. Footsteps told me that she was following me. I turned to see her two inches behind me.

"Gah!" I cried out falling backwards. She looked down at me. She bent down to come level with me.

"Are you replacements?" she asked.

"Uh not that I know of. We were only asked to get data at a base a ways away but then asked to finish the job of destroying the machines that we found," I said waving my hands in front of my face. She looked at me before grinning evilly.

"How about some proof mister," she said. Jim walked by with two girls holding onto his arms. I glanced up at his face to see pure enjoyment.

"Okay hold on," I said sliding myself away. I reached into my pocket and took out my orders. I handed them to her and stood up. I brushed myself off as she read them. I looked at her as she handed me the orders back.

"Fine. Just don't get comfy," she said walking off. I shrugged and folded the papers. I then walked to the hangar.

"Jim get to the hangar," I said into the wrist COM.

"Now?" he asked.

"You busy?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Yeah," he replied and I heard giggling in the background.

"Well then I'll see you later," I replied shutting the COM off. I climbed into Warrior 1 and started it up. I started walking out of the base and going for a recon. I could do it. I got to the mountain and looked around. There wasn't much. I stepped out and sat down on the machine's shoulder.

"Well at least it's peaceful," I murmured looking over the hills. A gun cocked near my head.

"Or not," I finished. I looked to see the same blue haired girl pointing a gun at my head.

"So what are you doing eh? Trying to contact the enemy?" she asked still holding the gun.

"Does it look like I'm trying to contact anything? I'm just sitting and thinking. Is that a crime?" I asked looking back to the view.

"Is that all your doing?" she asked a little crest fallen.

"Well yeah. All experienced warriors know that peace is a rare thing so we take what we can get," I told her giving her a glance.

"Are you implying that I am not experienced?" she growled glaring at me.

"I'm not implying anything," I replied laying back. She fumed before turning, making a humph sound and walking to her Armoriod. I didn't watch her like I think she would have hoped but just watched the wind blow across the grass. I sighed before sitting up and pulling myself forward.

"Maybe I'll never get over it," I said quietly.

"Yo partner where are you?" I heard the watch call out.

"Outside thinking," I replied. Silence greeted me for a while.

"Still thinking about it?" he asked.

"Not really. I just," I started sighing, "I didn't want to be a pilot."

"I know neither did I. We just somehow did it," he replied signing off.

`We did do it didn't we. Playing on a simulator out of boredom became a game to us. We would fight each other over and over to see who was better. Then the general found out and…' I thought getting up. I turned and walked back into Warrior 1 as the sun started to set behind the mountains. I walked back to the hangar and got out. I walked to the café and grabbed a meal. I sat down as Jim sat down.

"I trust you had fun," I said looking up.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"Jim…ah forget it. No matter what I say nor how many times I say it," I said laughing to myself.

"Is it my fault girls think I am the best thing they ever met?" Jim asked me grabbing a spoon full of soup. I just shook my head and smiled.

"Just pass the pepper," I told him looking around.

"What?" Jim asked handing me the pepper.

"You get the feeling someone is watching," I said shrugging. Jim looked over my shoulder and grinned.

"Let me guess. Miss blue hair is over my shoulder with an angry look?" I asked looking at Jim.

"Well…" Jim started. I turned around to see her standing there with a crazed look and a paper in one hand.

"Yeeeeees?" I asked looking at her.

"You are sooooooo dead," she said shoving the paper in my face and walking away.

"Charming girl," Jim said.

"Yeah I like her fangs," I replied turning back to my food. Jim grinned at my humor and watched my mad face.

"What?" Jim asked.

"New orders. We do our mission then stay here till more trained people come," I replied groaning.

"So…when do you want to begin?" Jim asked swirling his coffee.

"When I get some aspirin," I replied finished my supper. Jim grinned up at me and I just sighed before standing and leaving with him.

`This is going to be a long mission,' I thought walking down the hall.