Fan Fiction ❯ Angel Wings ❯ Chapter 4:Monday ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Monday

Iris' eyes fluttered open. Her vision was blurred but it soon cleared. She knew she was home in her room. The soft and gentle voice of her mother talking to her father gave her a comforting feeling. "M-mom . . ." she muttered as she tried to fight off the nausea she was feeling. Her mother kneeled down beside her daughter on the maroon carpet. Iris tried to sit up right but was unsuccessful. She rubbed her head and asked, "What happened?" Iris' mother smiled at her softly

"We're not sure honey but thank the Gods your okay." she placed her hand on Iris' and stroked it gently.

The following Monday Iris went through her normal routine. She woke up at about 6:30 am and got dressed in a long, dark denim, jean skirt and a sky blue halter top. Once dressed she sat down at he kitchen table and ate a bowl of cereal while she read the newspaper. At about 7 o'clock she checked her e-mail on the computer then made sure she had everything in her bag. At 7:15 am she left her house with her older brother to go to their bus stop.

The first thing she did at school was go to her locker as usual. At about 7:50 she began to head to her home room class which was just down the hall from her locker in the science wing. There she met up with Eva and took her seat at the back of the room.

Through all of her morning classes she couldn't stop thinking about how close to death she had been on Friday. If it hadn't been for the neckless around her neck both her and Owen would have been dead. Owen . . .the name sparked a trigger in her mind. She felt as if they had met in another life. Could we have been lovers in the past? No, that's impossible. . .or is it? As the bell rang signalling the end of third period, Iris snapped out of her thoughts.

"Isabel? Are you feeling alright?" came the voice of her foods teacher Mrs. Davis.

"Uh ya I'm fine." Am I? She wondered.

"Are you sure?" Iris nodded. Mrs. Davis however knew there was something wrong but knew better than to pry any further into her students' business. "Alright, if you say so. But just try to smile okay?" Iris forced a smile and left.

Iris walked up the set of stairs to the first floor so she could drop off her books in her locker and grab her lunch. After visiting her locker her met up with Melody.

"Hey bitch!" Melody shouted in a playful manner. Iris smiled at her friend.

"What do you want slut?" Iris asked casually. Melody embraced her friend in a large hug.

"You're so cute when you talk like that!" Melody said in a giggle. "Well, we're eating lunch in our meeting place today." Iris cocked and eye brow.

"Our what?" she asked confused. Melody then smacked her in the back of her head.

"On the roof you idiot! Don't you remember we've eaten up here since grade nine on every single warm or nice day like today!" Iris rubbed the back of her head and walked up flight after flight of stairs till they made it to the roof of the three story school. On the roof sat all of her friends.

"Hey Izzy!" Eva shouted. Iris and Melody walked towards the group of friends and sat down on the roof with them. They socialized for most of the lunch and gossiped like usual. While Iris was having a deep conversation with Amy they heard the loud voice of Melody who was desperately trying to get their attention. Iris turned to her head to see Melody walked on the edge of the roof.

"Hey Izzy! Look at me! I'm an Angalikan!" she said sarcastically. Iris' eyes widened.

"Mel, get down from there! You could fall!" Man, I must sound like some old lady or something? She thought to herself. Melody laughed and continued to walk along the edge of the roof. The rest of Iris' friends joined Melody in her laughter.

Iris couldn't take it anymore. She stood up and walked towards Melody to pull her away from the edge. As she drew closer a great wind blew. Melody tried with all her might to keep her balance. Iris watched in horror as she saw her friend begin to fall off the edge.

Iris ran as fast as she could to the edge. As she approached the edge, two snow white wings burst out of her back and she dived off the edge. She flew and caught Melody's out stretched arm just before she was going to hit the ground. Once she had a good grip Iris pulled Melody close to her body and landed.

Melody backed away from her friend both shocked and scared. Iris avoided her friends eyes and stared at the ground. "So you weren't joking on Friday." Iris shook her head no and shut her eyes tightly and retracted her wings into her back which was a painful process.

"Do you hate me now?" Iris asked. Melody looked at her friend unsure of what to say.

"Of course I don't hate you. How could I? You are my best friend and I'm not going to let this break that friendship." Iris looked Melody in the eye. She felt so touched by her words.

"Melody . . ." tears welled up in her eyes. Melody walked towards Iris and embraced her. "You're a true friend . . ."

"Isabel! Melody!" Eva shouted as she and the rest of Iris' and Melody's friends ran out of the stair well to the picnic area in the back of the school. Iris backed away from Melody. Oh please, let them be as accepting as Melody. "Okay! Holy fucking shit! What the fuck was that!?!" Eva demanded. Iris bit her lip. She didn't want to explain.

"Well . . .remember Friday?" Eva and the others nodded. "Well, do I need to say more?" they were left speechless.

"Iris!" everyone turned to the voice which belonged to her older brother Quinn. He walked up to her and didn't look too happy. "Just what the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"I was saving my friend from her death Quinton!"Iris yelled back at him.

"How dare you ruin our family's name. You are a disgrace to us and our people." Iris narrowed her eyes. He has no right to say that! Her mind was fuming mad.

"How dare I? How dare I?! If you were in my shoes and your friend fell off the roof I bet you anything you would have went after him!" Iris barked back at him. Before Quinn could retaliate he was interrupted by Cassandra and Bonnie.

"Isabel, can we speak to you in private?" Cassandra asked calmly.

"Why can't we just talk in front of my friends?" Iris was feeling more than flustered at the moment.

"Isabel it's about you-know-what." Bonnie said trying to be calm as well.

"So who cares! Practically the entire school will know any ways by the end of the day!" Bonnie sighed in defeat. In the distance the sounds of students approaching could be heard. Iris braced herself for what was to come.

"Look! There she is! The demon!" one shouted. Cassandra looked at her cousin seriously.

"Iris, go. Run away before it's too late." Iris was about to refuse but she didn't want to be around when the 'humans' showed up. She turn to her right, which was the opposite direction of where the voices were coming from, and ran.

Bonnie, Cassandra and Quinn braced themselves for what was to come. They watched as a crowd of students poured around the corner of the school and move towards them. "Hey Quinn, did ya see where that demon went?" Matthew asked as he surveyed the area. Quinn shook his head no although he was tempted to say yes so he could teach his foolish younger sister a lesson. "Well if you do see that demon, do us a favour and kill them or at least hurt them." with that said, Matthew went off to look for the so called demon.

Iris ran her hardest away from her school. Damn me! Why did I wear this fucking skirt! She felt tempted to fly away but that would only bring more attention to herself. After running for about a few minutes she arrived at a Tim Horton's.

Iris scurried inside completely out of breath and feeling ready to collapse. She walked quickly to the nearest phone and dug through her pockets. She pulled out a quatre and inserted it into the pay phone then dialled her home phone number. Oh please mom, be home!

"Hello?" a woman's voice sounded through the receiver.

"Mom! It's Ir-er-Isabel. Come and pick me up at the Tim Horton's at Wellington , just before the school." she tried not to sound too panicked.

"Iris, what's happened? Are you okay?"

"I'll tell you when you get here okay." before her mother could say another word Iris hung up. Well, she won't be here for another five minutes if traffics good. Iris went into her pockets again and pulled out a five dollar bill and walked up to the counter and ordered herself a large café mocha and a maple dip donut. She sat and drank her mocha and ate her donut while waiting for her mother to arrive impatiently.

About ten minutes after she called her mother she had finished her mocha and donut. She became even more nervous. What if something happened to her? Her mind fretted while she waited. Within the next minute her mother showed up. Iris hurried out of the coffee shop and hopped into the passenger's seat of the back sunfire.

"Now, what's the matter honey?" her mother asked concerned. Iris took in a deep breath and stared at her mother almost ashamed of herself. During the ride back home Iris told her mother of her incident at school. "Did anyone see you?" How can she be so calm? Iris wondered.

"Well, Melody and the rest of my friends. I think they're the only one's who actually know the 'demon' was me." her mother sighed as she parked the car in the drive way.

"Just go inside, I'll talk to your father about what to do okay honey." Iris nodded and went inside the house. Her mother on the other hand left to most likely to go and talk with her friends back at the community in the forest.

Iris couldn't help but feel as if she had been a disgrace to her family. Because of what happened she had endangered not only her's but the lives of her two cousins and brother. Oh my god, if everyone hadn't of thought I was joking of Friday . . . something like this or worse would have happened. I can't believe how foolish I was.

Later that evening Iris sat alone on her bed thinking. Her mother knocked on the door softly three times then entered after she got no response. "Iris, honey, me and your father have talked about today's events and we're willing to have you change schools." Iris' eyes widened.

"Change schools? Why? They only people who know for sure are my friends and I know they won't betray my friendship. So I will not change schools." her mother went to retaliate but was cut off. "And I will be going o school. Someone has to stand up for our kind and if no one else will then I will." she sounded so sure or herself and confident.

"Fine Iris, go to school but take your cell phone just incase you run into any trouble." Iris smiled proudly and watch her mother leave. I can't believe what I said! I'm going to school!? What the fuck was I thinking?! Oh well, I've dug my grave so I might as well use it . . .

A/N: Well hoped you guys liked it. I hope to have another chapter posted soon.