Fan Fiction ❯ Angelic Dreams ❯ Chase After Kaita ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Three
August 13th, 2001 AD
Planet: Zea- the underground city
Laasat (Kaita's mother)

DING DONG!
She was sitting at the dinner table - eating a small meal while casually reading a magazine, when the doorbell rang. Laasat sighed. "If it's a salesman again I am going to KICK them below the belt.." she muttered. It wasn't like her to talk like this, but she was lonely, grumpy, and not to be messed with. She hadn't seen her husband in two years, her daughter had left on a 'training' thing, and she was just having a bad day.
The woman stormed towards the door, throwing it open. "Go AWAY!!" She screamed, closing the door half way until she just stopped. Laasat stared up at the dark, looming figure - muscular and seemed carved out of steel.. battle scars clearly visible. Her jaw dropped, she let go of the handle...
"Well.. aren't you going to invite me in?" The voice of a kind man - hardly fit this tough body.
Laasat's eyes filled with tears, wrenching the door the rest of the way open, and throwing herself into her husbands arms. "YOU'RE BACK!!! Yasuda!! I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!"
Yasuda chuckled lightly. "We're still not finished with training.. I was planning for -.." he looked down at his wife, who was hugging the life out of him. "Oh.. nevermind. The point is.. I'm here - but I have to leave in the morning. Duty calls.."
"Come! Come in!" Laasat shouted, grabbing her husbands' arm and dragging him into the house. "I made dinner.. and... everything is clean.. uummm.. I'm lost for words.."
"Please, Laasat.. no words..." Yasuda murmured, pulling his wife close. She giggled lightly as he gave her the longest, deepest kiss he had ever planted on her lips. "I have missed you.. as well," he said, smiling and kissing his wife some more.
Laasat just kissed her husband some more, but after a while, Yasuda pulled back.
"What is it?" She asked.
"Where's my daughter? I want to see how much she's grown! I bet she's pretty strong by now, ne?" Yasuda called for his daughter. "Kaiiiitaaaa!"
"Oh.. Kaita left on a training thing with Nai Tahcoo," Laasat said.
"Where? To the open sparring dojo?" Yasuda asked.
"I dunno.. she just said she'd be gone for a couple of months-"
"A couple of months?!" Yasuda interrupted. "To where?!"
"She wouldn't tell me.." Laasat seemed puzzled. "Why? I'm sure she's safe with Nai.."
"We were scheduled to launch an attack in two weeks! How CAN we without Kaita?! She's an important part of the force! Laasaaaaat!!" Yasuda muttered under his breath and cursed to himself.
"I.. didn't know.." Laasat said, hurt.
"I'm sorry.. I'm going to have to leave," Yasuda grumbled.
"What?! WHY?!!" Laasat shouted.
"I need to find out where Kaita is.. all the spaceships were charted somewhere.. and there're tracking devices on every one of them.. I have to go out and find her!! If she's not back in two weeks time.. no.. there's no way we could go without her!" Yasuda said urgently.
"Why don't you have fill-ins?" Laasat shot as her husband started to walk down the curved hallway towards the front door.
"I kicked them out," Yasuda said a little sheepishly. "They couldn't follow orders!"
"Oh - and you think that Kaita is only good for a war toy, huh? Well, whether you like it or not, she is just a CHILD, and in being such.. shouldn't be having to go through this!! A child isn't ready for battle, no matter how hard you train her!!" Laasat screamed.
"MY daughter can handle it. She has never failed to make me proud by exceeding the requirements for her high ranking," Yasuda sighed, stepping out the door. "There's something about her.. she's so proud - so strong.. she's a talented fighter.. you never find children with such a gift. I am PROUD to have her for a daughter." Yasuda stepped out into the dark, starting to whisk away.
"Yasuda.. my love.. please don't leave for long.." Laasat muttered, reaching out for his hand. The man took it, kissing her one last time before drifting off.. leaving his precious jewel one more time.

* * * * * * * * * *

WHOOM! WHOOM, WHOOM!
A pounding on the door interrupted an extremely bored man, almost knocking him out of his chair.
WHOOM!
"Okay, okay!! I gotcha! No RUSH!" The man grumbled, pulling the door open to find a fist shoved into his face. The guy went flying across the room.
"EEEEEEEK! We're under attack!" The man shriek-whimpered as a piece of plaster fell on his head.
"No - you're not under attack," Yasuda sighed, helping the trembling man to his feet. "I must know.. do you know where the spaceships are?"
"I have them all - little numbers on a screen right inside the pocket radar.." the man chuckled as he kept it out of reach of Yasuda. "BUT.. It's the Space Center's private property."
"But my daughter is on one of those spaceships!" Yasuda objected.
"Hahaha.. nice try sir. I advise you to leave," the man sniggered. Yasuda was feeling pretty foolish as the pitiful man sneered at him.
"Maybe if your light was a bit brighter in here, you'd realize that I am not to be laughed at!!" Yasuda growled.
"HA! And I'm the battle master, Yasuda! Haw, haw, haw!" The man smirked.
"No - I AM," Yasuda spat. The man stared closer at the tall war leader, and the look on his face was priceless.
The color drained from his cheeks, as he stood straight. "I'm.. s-sorry.."
"No time! Show me the radar!" Yasuda said, reaching for it. The small thing was instantly given to him.
Yasuda opened the cover to the small, metal box - revealing seven dots labeled with minuscule numbers. "Which flight did my daughter take?"
"Um.. she's.. Kaita, right sir?" The man asked, color slowly coming back into his cheeks.
"Yes."
"She took flight number.. seven."
Yasuda peered at the radar, twisting a knob to get a better view at where his daughter was headed. "A.. an autopilot set to go.. East? There aren't any inhabited planets that way... Which galaxies are that way?"
"Um... there's one galaxy that is directly in front of the spaceship.. and there's one slightly to the left if it.." the man said.
"Kaita was trained to fly spaceships - she wouldn't blindly veer off course. If I know my daughter, she'd be headed straight for it. What's this galaxy called?" Yasuda asked.
"Argh.. It is.. number 403BS2."
"How many spaceships do you have left?"
"Don't you have your own, sir?"
"I want to be more inconspicuous."
"Right, sir. We'll have a spaceship ready for launch in five minutes."
Yasuda sighed. Where had he heard 403BS2 from before? The galaxy sounded familiar.. it must have been mentioned.. no.. "What inhabited planets exist in galaxy 403BS2?" Yasuda asked.
"I'm.. not sure.." The man answered as he switched buttons on and prepared to begin the docking..
Where had he heard 403BS2? It was so familiar.. had he been there once? He wasn't sure...
"Sir! I said - we're ready to launch!" The man waved a hand in front of Yasuda's face. "Is there something wrong?"
"N-no.." Yasuda muttered, batting the man's hand away. "Okay.. ready to launch in five minutes... set an auto course for galaxy 403BS2.. -can you target spaceship seven?"
"No.." the man said slowly, "but there's some weak radar in the ship.."
"Feh - that will hardly help...oh well. I'll find the spaceship.." Yasuda spun out of the room, ready to go after Kaita.
________________________________________________________________ ________

"Seri - have you set a course for Earth?" I asked, peering over my friends' shoulder.
"That's in galaxy.. 403BS2.. right?" Seri asked, typing away at the keyboard.
"I'll see.." I said, pulling a folded paper from my battle suit pocket. "The galaxy is..408BS2.. Not 40 THREE," I said. "So... what did you do? set an auto course to the wrong galaxy?"
"It can be easily fixed!" Seri informed.
"Aw.. why didn't you let ME have the controls? You KNOW I'm a better pilot than you are!" I muttered.
"Oh be quiet!" Seri growled. "I can fix it - I can type faster!"
"Okay.. but that delays us.. seventeen minutes," I answered.
"Seventeen minutes - feh," Seri grumbled while typing away.
"Yeah, seventeen minutes! That's seventeen minutes we don't have! We have to be there and back with the 'peace making tool' as fast as possible!" I shot.
"Relax!" Seri sighed.
"I cannot relax!" I said, becoming serious. "If I relax, we will be taking things lightly. This is not a relaxing situation."
"Calm down - take a deep breath-"
"NO!" I yelled at Seri. She muttered something under her breath. "Do you think this is fun? Do you think this to be a game? Well - it isn't! This is war - one slip up, and we bring doom to our galaxy! We bring pain to our people!"
Seri spun around in her chair. "There. I'm done. I've set us right - now do you forgive me?!"
I closed my eyes and sat down on the floor. "I'm.. sorry. Nai rubbed off on me."
"Well maybe if you weren't around him so often.." Seri grumbled.
"Well - you're not gonna see much more of that... Do you think I'll be able to train under my father now that Nai's gone?" I asked.
"Well.. I dunno. I think you should - he IS your father after all. But after the war is over - you won't need any more training, ne?" Seri guessed.
"I think I'll still train. I love to fight - I was born to fight.. I was brought up to fight.. so - I will," I answered.
"I see," Seri nodded. "So - we're back on course - what do you want to do for two weeks?"
"Argh.. I keep forgetting this thing is old.. would only take a newer model one week," I muttered. "I'm not sure.. spar?"
"You know I only fight when I have to!" Seri said.
"Yeah.. cause you're a little justice girl," I teased. "Just a weak little-"
"ARGH!! BRING IT ON!" Seri boomed, jumping from her seat.
"Wait!" I laughed as the enraged girl leaped at me. "We have to do this downstairs.. you know.. where we have more room? AND - the walls are us-proof."
"Us-proof?" Seri wondered, following me down the metal steps.
"Yeah.. you've never seen what I did to Nai's dojo," I replied coolly, smirking.
"So.. did you finally beat him?" Seri asked.
"No. He cornered me and beat me up," I sighed. "I just.. want to be able to do that.. one more time.. why doesn't anything go as planned? Why couldn't Nai have lived? Why couldn't we have just fought above ground as we were supposed to?" I grumbled. "Everything.. has to go so.. wrong..."
_____________________________________________________________ ___________
Yasuda
2:03 AM

"430BS2.." Yasuda typed into the computer of his launched spaceship. The radar was no help whatsoever.. he knew the dots representing spaceships were all messed up in some weird order.. so he turned it off. He had no idea he was headed for the wrong galaxy.
The inhabited planets still showed up on the screen, though - so he would decide to turn it on in a week.. see where he was exactly at that point, and check out the species. It was still driving Yasuda nuts.. he had no idea why he was reminded of galaxy 403BS2 for some reason.. oh well - he'd find out soon enough. And it was only natural for him to be patient..
Yasuda let out a deep sigh. "Ah.. I'm going to sleep," he said to himself, trudging down the steps to the sleeping chambers.
BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
A loud siren went off, jolting Yasuda from his sleepy trance.
"What the-?!" He leaped back up the metal ladder, rushing to the control panel. "Computer! Emergency!"
"Nearing energy zone.. classification.." the computer droned on in a robotic woman's voice.
"What?! WHAT!" Yasuda asked it impatiently.
"Error in the system.. entering- wierrewerr.." The computer buzzed and switched off as the spaceship was jolted.. the computer went dead - the whole spaceship went dead.
"Damn!" Yasuda shouted as everything went black. He peered out the main window - and he saw something so horrifying.. terror raced through his eyes as he watched it.. a huge sun, and one long chunk of it was swirling in a spiral - being eaten up.. Eaten by a black hole. The same black hole Yasuda's spaceship was headed straight for.