Fan Fiction ❯ another day ❯ The Fall of the Tin Man ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I have said it before and I shall say it again, I OWN NOTHING!!

Stuff:

I don’t know what’s wrong with me…so many chapters just popping up…such creativity just spontaneously occurring…it’s unnatural <shivers.> Oh well, enjoy it while it lasts loves.

Oh and two things…. 1. Raven will, in this fic, be a bit oc or in the middle of a sugar high, I still haven’t decided which and 2. There is the potential for some BB and Terra bashing, I haven’t decided yet and if I do, PLEASE DO NOT FLAME ME!!!!

Now onward to chapter 5.

Chapter 5:

The Fall of the Tin Man

Raven appeared before Cyborg and Starfire who were entranced by the live feed from the concert coming in via crystal ball.

She drained her cup of tea and seeing the contents of her crystal ball decided to get a can of soda before they got back to discussing Robin’s apparent insanity.

At the Concert:

Terra was hosted up above the stage bound and gagged having all of the speakers pointed at her and tuned to full blast.

Evanescence was performing loud enough to violate the sound laws of several dozen states in an attempt to inflict irreversible psychological damage the “heathen.”

BB was still bound on the floor with a huge pair of headphones on. He was still partially zombified and, after a small amount of brainwashing from the hardcore fans, could be heard chanting “I love Amy” or “Evanescence rules” along with all of the other fans.

At Titan Tower:

“Ok guys, I spoke with Evanescence and they agreed not to kill Terra and I also let them try to convert BB into a fan. I’ll go pick them up in about two hours which should be more than enough time to figure out how to cure Robins’ insanity,” Raven said in one breath.

Her fellow Titans looked at her a little wide eyed after that but they didn’t say anything, there are a lot of things that are better left unsaid.

“Okay,” Cyborg said, “Back to the matter at hand, what to do about Robin?”

They all put their heads together for this one.

15 minutes later:

“Starfire for the last time, IT WASN’T SLADE!!!,” Raven said exasperated and slightly surprised that Starfire could be as single minded as Robin, “Slade wasn’t entirely human after working with Trigon remember? If he were anywhere in this time zone I would have sensed it.”

Starfire looked down at her mustard shake sadly. They had been going through every possible theory and none of them were holding any water.

“Maybe there’s something in the air or the water?,” Cyborg offered, “Like you said before, Star is an alien and you and I are only half human so if there is anything in the air or water, it wouldn’t effect us to the extent to which it effects Robin.”

“True…,” Raven trailed off, obviously giving that theory some thought.

“Friends I wonder, you have been Titans longer than I, has this ever occurred before?,” Starfire asked.

“STARFIRE THAT’S IT!!!,” Raven said excitedly slamming her can of soda onto the counter, splashing her friends with coke “Cyborg look in Robin’s file in the Titan database and see if you can get into contact with Batman.”

Cyborg rushed out of the kitchen and to the security room to access Robin’s file. Starfire looked at her for an explanation, she had never heard of Batman.

“Friend Raven who is man-bat you speak of?,” she asked.

“His name is Batman and he was the one who took Robin in when his parents died and taught him everything that he knows. Robin used to be his sidekick before he decided to lead the Titans.”

“Really? Do you believe that he can help friend Robin?,” Starfire asked allowing hope to filter through.

“If anyone can help Robin its him..,” Raven said.

“That is glorious friend Raven!!!,” and with that Starfire picked up Raven in bear hug and hugged her for all that she could. After about a minute Starfire realized that Raven wasn’t struggling like she normally did. Sure enough, upon further examination Starfire realized that Raven had indeed passed out from lack of oxygen.

“Oops…”

In the Detention Area, Robin’s Cell:

Robin was quite pleased that everything was going according to plan.

‘Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,’ he thought as he performed some contortionist feat and released himself from the straightjacket Raven had put on him.

He looked around the room that he and Cyborg had designed obsessively. It really was a marvel of jailhouse/mental institution technology. He was glad that before the first phase of his plan he decided to create a little backdoor in case he was caught.

He stood up, ramrod straight, and then screamed at the top of his lungs, “I LOVE RAVEN AND STARFIRE’S BOOBIES!!!.”

Frighteningly enough, the door opened and a computerized voice screamed back, “YAY BOOBIES.”

With a demented smile that could have made Trigon himself run screaming for his mommy, Robin scurried off to find Cyborg. With BB and Terra out of commission, the only threat to him was Raven…..okay, fine, even if BB and Terra weren’t out of commission, the only real threat would be Raven.

Starfire, while being quite powerful, loved him too much to do him any harm, no matter what.

Cyborg would be too preoccupied with trying to take him down softly and wouldn’t fight at his maximum capacity.

Raven, unlike Starfire and Cyborg, wouldn’t mind throwing him around like a rag doll or blowing him into a crater, if she was angry enough.

That was one of the things that Robin loved and feared about Raven. She didn’t mind getting her hands dirty. On the positive side this meant that she could get the job done and on the negative side this meant that she could get the job done.

He had long since pondered about any of her potential weaknesses. In fact he had used the same security cameras, that were Terra and BB’s undoing, to watch her for a bit to discover her weakness and it had been worth it.

Robin was overjoyed when he found out that Raven and Cyborg were an item for two reasons: 1. They were a cute couple and deserved one another and 2. It meant demon girl was going down, via tin man.

In the Security Room of Titan Tower:

Cyborg was in the security room and busy typing away at the Titan mainframe, searching for Robin’s file. After looking at Robin’s file for a few minutes he found an emergency number for Batman.

He dialed the number into his phone (which is built in his arm), not really knowing what to expect.

After about three rings, someone picked up and said, “Yes Cyborg what do you want?”

Cyborg was speechless for a few seconds and snapped out of it.

“How do you know this is Cyborg?,” he asked slightly freaked out.

“I have my ways,” the voice answered, “Now what do you want? You do realize that this is an emergency line, right?,” the voice added now sounding slightly annoyed.

“Yeah I know, listen, Robin’s flipped his lid.”

Unbeknownst to Cyborg, Robin has snuck into the room, listening to the conversation and waiting for his chance to strike.

“………”

“Hey, you still there?,” Cyborg asked.

“Yes. How did he ‘flip his lid’?”

“He’s been obsessing over Slade for a while now and I know he hasn’t slept for a few days at least and he’s been acting a little weird. That in itself isn’t too bad but he just attacked us a few hours ago in the sewers and he was just laughing and acting all crazy. We’re lucky that Raven was able to catch him and put him in a detention cell in the tower.”

“I’ll be there in two hours. Whatever you do, don’t let him out. Batman out.”

Cyborg was a little taken aback by how abruptly the conversation had ended but he was relieved that Robin was going to be taken care of pretty soon.

‘Hmmm, I wonder if Raven would like to go see that see that new Land of the Dead movie?’

As Cyborg stood there planning a date with his goth girl, Robin snuck right behind him.

Robin summoned the cosmic forces he had been training with in the sewers into one unstoppable attack, The Art of the Broken Wind.

Summoning all of his will, Robin’s face screwed up in concentration and after a few seconds he finally let it rip.

Cyborg jumped at the sound and turned around only to see Robin smiling and twitching before him.

“How the hell did you get out of th…..,” Cyborg stopped and grimaced, “What the hell is that sm….,” and without warning he dropped to the floor like a stone.

Robin continued to smile. His ‘Art of the Broken Wind’ had worked far better than he could have anticipated.

The only thing that he hadn’t figured on was the Titans summoning his mentor. Not that it mattered much, he knew that his mentor would be impressed by his new techniques.

With a smile on his face and a song in his heart he dragged Cyborg to Raven’s room and began to booby trap it.

Onward to phase three.