Fan Fiction ❯ another day ❯ In The Raven's Lair ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I own nothing. If I did, do you all really think that I would be wasting my time with college? Heck no, I’d be pursuing my career as a writer and painter.

Stuff:

Sorry I took so long to update….I had a few other fics floating around in my head that refused to leave so I had to do those in order to this. Makes sense right?…(looks around the room)…right?

<Roommate> That makes no sense at all!!!

<Me> Oh shut up…(throws a shoe at roommates head)

Chapter 6:

In the Raven’s Lair

Robin was merrily skipping around Raven’s room putting up the finishing touches to his plan.

Insanity made Robin realize something, life at Titan tower was just too boring and that in order to fight crime more efficiently the Titans needed to be alert and vigilant.

How that makes any sense….who knows?, Robin’s a few sandwiches short of a picnic right now.

Robin’s plan had led him to commit the most grievous of sins in Raven’s room.

He made it….he made it…pink(horrified gasp.)

He had dressed her fearsome Raven statuettes in pink Cabbage patch kids clothing.

Her normally draped windows were wide open with new white drapes with neon pink heart prints.

All of her blue cloaks and leotards were replaced with fluffy pink and red dresses and cloaks.

The dark blue walls were now an obnoxious pink color.

Her custom made, gothic style bed was remodeled. It now looked like something that came out of Barbie’s Dreamhouse.

As a finishing touch, or final act- before Raven killed him, he painted a huge Barney mural on her wall.

Oh yeah, he is a dead man walking…or skipping in his case.

Tied up, gagged, and bolted (yes, bolted!!) to the ceiling was none other than Cyborg, although Robin made a few modifications to him as well.

All of the blue colored components of Cyborg were now a headache inducing shade of fuchsia.

With the white colored components of Cyborg, Robin had taken a black permanent marker and drawn flowers and happy faces all over the metal components of Cyborg’s body.

All that could really be heard from our dear cybernetic superhero were muffled screams and the occasional snarl. His human eye was twitching with fury, while his cybernetic eye glowed such an intense rage-induced red that it could have put Rage herself to shame.

It was a good thing that Cyborg wasn’t able to move, otherwise the citizens of Jump City would have been fishing up itty bitty little pieces of Robin for weeks.

Cyborg was also worried though, he needed to get free and get Raven’s room back to its original state.

If Raven saw all the pink…..well…let’s just say that they will never find a large enough piece of Robin to hold a funeral.

Robin didn’t seem too concerned with this, he was skipping around the room like someone just crowned him the swan princess.

Onward to Robin’s insane plan:

Get Raven angry enough to fly into blind rage, once she’s in that blind rage she should be easy to defeat. Yup, Robin is that crazy.

The problem was how to get Raven to fly into that level of rage. Sure she periodically blasted and tortured BB and Terra but she was more amused than angry when she did that.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, for Robin he found what he was looking for.

After studying Raven with the security cameras for the last few days, Robin came across an interesting fact:

The color pink made Raven experience uncontrollable, homicidal rage.

Not Too Long Ago- (maybe a few days ago… ):

Robin was skipping around and singing “I Feel Pretty” from West Side Story in the security room.

He had been trying to find some dirt on Raven but had been unsuccessful.

He had gone into her room, read her diary, and looked through her stuff, but nothing too interesting had come out of it, except for the fact the she was a closet videogame addict.

As he was prancing around he noticed the camera feed that was coming from the living room.

Raven was levitating above her favorite chair, oblivious to the world around her.

Starfire and Terra were huddled over in the corner just outside of earshot.

Starfire had a pink version of Raven’s cloak in her hands and was looking at Raven anxiously.

Terra was right next to her and was obviously in on the plot to put the offending cloak on Raven.

Robin had known that the two of them thought that Raven needed to change her wardrobe a bit and he also knew that Raven stubbornly refused.

Apparently they decided to forcibly show Raven the joys of pink.

Robin’s semi-psychotic grin grew to giant toothy smile as he thought, ‘This is going to be good’ and proceeded to scoot up to the monitor with the feed from the living room.

As they slowly approached Raven turned, or floated rather, around and glared at them as she normally would until her eyes trailed to the pink cloak.

Raven just stared at it wide-eyed and motionless for a few minutes freaking out Starfire and Terra who had never seen her like this before.

As Terra leaned towards Raven to touch her, to see if Raven was okay, Raven quickly floated back a few feet.

As she looked to the cloak, the pink cloak, she felt rage flood her senses.

Her pulse quickened, her breathing became rapid and shallow, and she saw red.

Raven floated over the two girls, glared at them, and gave an inhuman snarl of animalistic rage.

Starfire and Terra dropped the cloak, screamed and ran, flew, or floated on rocks, until they were far away from Raven.

Since her two desired victims had escaped, Raven, who was still in her rage bubble, destroyed the living room.

The pink cloak was the only thing left and when Raven saw it she glared at it until it suddenly burst into flames.

When Robin saw this he knew how to get to the black bird at last.

Present Time (in the kitchen area):

In the kitchen Starfire was nervously holding Raven in her arms.

“Friend Raven?,” she asked meekly, “Please wake up. I did not mean to hug you too hard.”

After she gently shook her friend Raven came around and looked at Starfire.

She knew that the alien had hugged her too hard and that was why she had passed out.

While Raven would normally do something in retaliation to Starfire, she decided to cut her friend a break.

If Cyborg had flipped his microchips and Starfire had told her of a way to help him, Raven conceded, she would hug the alien into a coma.

Raven gave her a small smile and said, “It’s okay Starfire.”

Starfire visibly relaxed. It was a good day when you knew that Raven wasn’t going to kill you.

Suddenly Raven felt that something was wrong.

Her Cyborg-was-in-danger and someone-is-in-my-room senses were tingling.

Raven concentrated and sensed that Cyborg was in her room, that in itself wasn’t so weird, but she felt another presence…..Robin?

Starfire noticed that Raven was looking off into space.

“Friend Raven? Is everything okay?,” Starfire asked.

“No,” Raven said, her eyes now glowing with rage, “Robin is in my room.”

With that said she grabbed Starfire’s wrist and proceeded to drag her to her room.

In Raven’s room:

Robin looked around and was pleased at his handiwork.

All of the preparations were complete within Raven’s lair.

Onward to phase four.

Replies to Reviews:

CalliopeMused: thanks. <blushes from compliments>

PerfectlyImperfect: thanks. The Evanescence portion of the fic was inspired by a buddy of mine who went to one of their concerts. While she did have a good time, she was pretty creeped out by their fan base. I like both Cy/Rae and BB/Rae pairings, so I do both. Don’t worry I won’t stop writing Cy/Rae. I even have another Cy/Rae fic that I’m currently putting the finishing touches on, so it should make its appearance in a little while.

Little Red Ravenhood: Robin will be okay…eventually. So don’t worry.