Fan Fiction ❯ Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, For You ❯ Expect The Unexpected ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, For You
 
Chapter Twenty-Eight
“Expect the Unexpected”
 
A/N: I tried to update as quickly as possible to make up for the sheer evilness of the last cliffhanger. This chapter shall be dedicated to Inuluvsu on Mediaminer.org; who has been reading and reviewing for a long time; thank you very much dude! Well, onto chapter twenty-eight. Trust me, this one will be shocking. Just keep reading the whole thing; okay?
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
The mood was somber and the room was silent. No one spoke to, or even looked at, one another as the entire team, save Robin, Starfire and Terra, gathered inside the Batcave.
 
Starfire was asleep now; her condition critical but stabilized. After the incident, Robin had gone ballistic. First, he had rushed to Starfire's side and held her unconscious body to his chest. His tears stained her forehead as he cried; and her blood stained his clothes as he held her. After she refused to wake up he'd assumed her dead and he attacked the prisoner who had shot her. The prisoner had already been taken down by Cyborg; but that didn't prevent Robin from attacking him on the ground. Robin beat the man savagely before Batman was able to wrestle his former sidekick off the man.
 
The gang cleared out of the prisoner after that. It wasn't an easy trip. Robin was disgruntled, angry and unruly. He only calmed down after Barbara examined Starfire and found that she was still breathing and could still be saved. Robin rode in the back of the Batmobile, holding Starfire and praying she'd survive. Robin wasn't the only problem, though.
 
Beast Boy was just as big of an issue. His girlfriend's body was now the ultimate weapon of destruction; and home to the vilest enemy the Teen Titans had ever faced: Trigon the Terrible. He had Raven's soul in his hands, and while he believed Raven could still be saved; he didn't know how he could save her. The shining black orb that was Raven's existence shimmered dully in his hands and at first he'd felt a blazing heat whenever he held it. It had been so hot he had to wrap it in his shirt. Now, however, it was cooling. What had once been searing heat now felt like a plate that had been in the microwave too long - and it was getting cooler by the minute. Beast Boy was afraid of what the loss of heat could mean. Was Raven fading?
 
The person who seemed most effected by everything, however, was not Robin or Beast Boy. It was Terra. She rode in the T-Car with Cyborg, Barbara and Beast Boy on the way back. Beast Boy sat in the front and spent the entire time looking at the black orb-like soul in his hands. Cyborg was concentrating on his driving - or so he claimed. It was obvious to everyone that what he was really thinking about. His two best friends, Robin and Beast Boy, were both on the edge of losing the person they loved most in the world. Cyborg had always been there for both of them. He'd always stood by the boy wonder and the changeling through thick and thin; and they needed his help and comfort now. The problem was Cyborg couldn't think of anything to do or say that could provide even the slightest level of comfort.
 
Terra didn't notice Cyborg's predicament. She only noticed her own. She was to blame. If she hadn't returned, then Raven wouldn't have lost control and her father never would have taken over her body; and had Trigon not returned when he did, Starfire wouldn't have been shot. Terra wasn't quite sure what to do. She knew something now. This was confirmation of her worst fear.

She was bad luck.
 
It sounded like lunacy; but she knew it was true. Her childhood in Russia, he time traveling the world with her uncontrollable powers, being used by Slade, being incased in hardened lava, being awakened and used as a science project - and now, somehow finding herself back with the Titans. Throughout everything people around her had horrible luck. The Titans had gone through hell because of her the first time around. The scientist in Metropolis had all been brutally killed because someone freed her. And now Raven and Starfire were going to die; and that was her fault too. Raven never liked Terra; but Terra still felt horrible at Raven's current predicament. And Starfire - Starfire had loved Terra.

As a child on Tamaran, Starfire had been best friends with the daughter of one of the palace maids. Starfire's friend had a sister, who had also been a friend. Starfire had watched the two sisters together and wished she had a sister like that - instead of her actual sister, who had treated Starfire like dirt even in those days. When Starfire had met Terra; it was like she'd finally found the sister she'd always wanted.
 
Terra had treated Starfire the same way - and now Starfire was bleeding to death; and it was Terra's fault. Just like everything else was Terra's fault.
 
I deserve to die. Terra thought. No. No I deserve to live in pain. I should be tortured or jailed.
Then they'd arrived. Starfire was taken to the Batcave where Alfred wasted no time in starting her surgery. Alfred Pennysworth may have looked like an ordinary gentleman's gentleman; but the butler was far more than that. He had worked for the British Secret Intelligence for many years in his youth. He was a skilled in martial arts, modern medicine and electronics. These things had helped Bruce Wayne a number of times over the years in his crusades as Batman. Now Alfred was hard at work trying to remove the bullet from Starfire's chest.
 
The rest of the group, aside from Robin and Terra, had gathered in the Batcave's main chamber where the large monitors and computers were set up. Batman sat in his swivel chair in front of the main computer system; and the others were standing around him. Batman spent the first few minutes typing in silence and the next few making phone calls. Everyone else just stood and half-listened to what the Dark Knight was doing. Each of them was lost in his or her own thoughts.
 
Barbara was thinking about Robin and Starfire. Cyborg was thinking about Robin and Beast Boy. Beast Boy was thinking about Raven. Finally, after a while, the computer monitors on the wall all switched on. Each of them displayed a different person - and none of the people on the wall were strangers. Each of them was a superhero from somewhere in the world; all contacted by Batman. None of the Titans knew why they were contacted until Batman turned to the somber group.
 
“I realize this is a hard time for you all; but we have a serious problem. Trigon's return is a danger to this entire planet. We have a responsibility to stop him - and that has to be our priority above everything else. Billions of lives depend on it.” Batman said in a no-nonsense tone. “You all have a duty to those people. That's what this business is about; saving those innocent lives. As painful as it is, we have to put them ahead of our personal problem. If you can't do that; then leave now. If you stay, you have to be dedicated to this one hundred percent.”
 
No one replied to him; and no one left.
 
“Good.” Batman turned back to the screen. “The demon lord Skat, also called Trigon the Terrible, has returned to life. He's possessed the body of his daughter, the Teen Titans Raven, and now he's on the loose. For some reason, he seems to be lying low right now. Trigon has been trying to reach the planet earth for years; now he's here. There has to be a reason he hasn't begun his destruction of the planet; and if we can find that reason we might be able to stop him.”
 
“The reason he hasn't done anything is because Raven won't let him.”
 
All of the people in the room turned; Robin was standing in the doorway. His face wore a determined expression that seemed every bit as grave and somber as that of his former mentor. Terra followed him into the room, her blonde hair falling over her face and her head down.
 
“What do you mean?” Tim Drake asked, looking up at his counterpart.
 
“Raven's soul is no longer in it's body; but that doesn't mean Raven's beaten.” Robin replied. “Trigon was able to separate her spirit from it's body; but he couldn't completely sever the bond. It's impossible to completely sever the bond between soul and body; Raven still has some influence over her body. She can't control it, and she can't force Trigon out - but until Raven's spirit has completely lost its powers, Trigon's true power can't manifest itself inside Raven's body. Trigon can't unlock his full powers. Without a body, Raven's soul is slowly dying. When her soul dies; Trigon will have full control over her body and he'll be able to unleash all of his powers. If that happens, we won't be able to him and Earth will be annihilated. However, if we can find him while Raven's soul is still alive; then we might be able to defeat Trigon and recover Raven's body.”
 
“Dude, how do you know all this stuff?” Beast Boy asked, astonished.
 
“Raven told me.” Robin said quietly. “After we defeated Trigon; when we first got back from Tamaran. When she thought Trigon was dead. She told me all of her fears about him, and she told me all about what he could and the different ways he could do it. She never imagined this would actually happen; but she knew it could.” Robin could see a look in Beast Boy's eyes. He has another question; one he wanted to ask Raven. He obviously wanted to know why Raven chose to confide in Robin when they got back. Robin knew the answer to this too. Raven had needed to talk to someone about the many burdens she'd carried for so many years; but she didn't feel right talking to Beast Boy about something so grim. She preferred, though she'd never admit it, to talk about anything else with Beast Boy - he cheered her up, so she didn't want to bring him down.
 
“There's something else.” Robin announced. “It's risky, but it may be our only chance. If Raven's soul dies before we find and stop Trigon; he'll be able to unleash his full powers and destroy the earth. We can only stop Raven's soul from dying by finding it a body to live in until we can recover her real body. We'd need someone to let Raven's soul share a body with their own.”
 
“What?” Barbara blinked, astonished. “How is that possible?”
 
“All they have to do is hold the orb.” Robin replied, pointing down at the black orb in Beast Boy's hands. “Then it's up to Raven. I'm assuming the reason you haven't already entered someone's body is because you were waiting to see if I'd remember our talks and come up with a better solution, isn't that right Raven?” Robin looked down at the orb.

“Wait, she can hear us?” Cyborg asked.
 
“Oh yeah. Every word.” Robin replied. “Raven. Someone here has already volunteered to let you share their body.”
 
“Who?” Beast Boy asked. Robin looked over his shoulder towards the corner of the room. The corner Terra was standing in.

“No way.” Beast Boy snapped at once when he realized Terra had made the offer. “No way in hell.”
 
“I want to help Beast Boy!” Terra shouted from the corner. It was clear from the tone of her voice that she was fighting back tears. “Let me do this! Raven can live in my body as long as she needs too. It's my fault this happened to her, so let me make it up to her.”

“DAMN RIGHT IT'S YOUR FAULT!” Beast Boy yelled at the top of his lungs. Beast Boy hated being serious like this. It went against his natural personality; but in this case, there was no choice. “I don't want anything more to do with you; and I sure as hell don't want Raven's soul in your body.”
 
“It isn't your choice.” Robin said firmly.

“Dude, you know what's happening to Raven; now isn't the time to tell me what to do.” Beast Boy snapped.
 
“Garfield.” Robin replied in a quiet, dangerous voice. “Right now Starfire is fighting for her life in surgery, and instead of being at her bedside I'm here offering you a way to save Raven's soul. Don't you dare take that tone with me, do you understand?”

Beast Boy hesitated. He and Robin were in the same boat. He dropped his head and became silent.
 
“Like I said, the choice isn't yours. It's Raven's. She can hear us, she heard Terra's offer. All you have to do is hand Raven's soul to Terra. If Raven wants to go through with this, she'll enter Terra's body. If not, she won't. It's simple.” Robin finished.
 
Beast Boy was hesitant. He walked across the room, clutching the black orb of Raven's soul tightly in his hands. When he arrived in front of Terra he stood for a moment, staring at her. Her head was down, and her honey-blonde hair fell over one of her eyes covering it from view. She wouldn't look at his face. Beast Boy didn't like this idea - but at the same time, he did. If Terra was sincere about helping Raven, then Beast Boy could forgive her. However, he was beginning to hate the very sight of her.

Not because he believed Terra was evil. Nor because of their past together. He had merely learned that she was bad luck; and he wanted nothing more to do with her. However, she seemed to sincerely want to help Raven - and since his only other option was to let Raven die, Beast Boy had no choice. He handed her Raven's soul orb.
 
Terra held the black orb for a moment in her hands. She was holding her breath - and so was nearly everyone else in the room. For a moment it looked like Raven had rejected the idea; opting to take her chances with eternal demise than share a body with Terra. However, just as it seemed like that was the case, there was a bright flash of black light and the orb was gone. Terra stumbled backwards as if she'd been punched in the face. Then she straightened up again.
 
“Terra?” Beast Boy whispered.
 
“I don't feel any different.” Terra replied. Suddenly Terra's eyes changed. She closed them, and when she opened them again they were different. They were Raven's eyes now.
 
“Nice going Robin.” Raven's voice came from Terra's mouth. “This is so much better.”
 
“Rae?” Beast Boy blinked, astonished. The voice coming from Terra's body sounded like Raven; and it sure had her sarcasm.
 
“Yeah.” Raven replied. “I'm in here.”

Terra's eyes closed again; when they opened they had returned to normal. “This is strange.” Terra said. She blinked again; and once again Raven's eyes were staring out of Terra's body.
 
“At least you're in your own body.” Raven replied to Terra. “Look, we'll work out the kinks of this in a little while. First we have to deal with my father.”
 
Terra walked across the room and stood next to Batman. She turned so that everyone from the Titans, to Gotham's finest and the superheroes on the computer monitors could all see her. Then Raven continued speaking.
 
“There's a reason Trigon hasn't begun his assault of earth yet. Until my soul is destroyed, he can't manifest his full powers in my body. That doesn't mean he's not a danger, though. He still has all of my powers; and most of his own. His powers are limited, but he can still use them. And since he has my body, it'll be a lot easier for him to blend in and hide.” Raven informed them of this grim news; and then she told them something even worse. “That isn't why he isn't attacking, though. I know Trigon. He'd begin his assault even if he couldn't use his fullest potential. He's been after the Earth for too long. There has to be another reason for him to be hiding. I'm not sure what that reason is; but it could mean we're dealing with someone else as well.”
 
“This might all be connected.” One of the men on the monitors - a black-haired man wearing glasses - said. “A group of scientist were murdered recently here in Metropolis; they worked for a man named - ”

“Dr. Philip Cobalt. Yeah, we know Clark.” Batman cut him off. “Cobalt was working on bringing Terra back to life. How did you know about that?”
 
Clark's eyes widened a bit. “Cobalt's been working for Luthor Corp ever since you fired him.” The man on the monitor - Clark - responded. “According to my sources, Cobalt was seen getting into Luthor's private limousine a few hours ago. They're on their way to Gotham, Bruce.”
 
“Cobalt's coming here?” Terra instantly burst out, fear clouding her voice.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. You mean Lex Luthor, the Joker and Trigon are all connected?” Cyborg asked, his face looking worried.
 
“I doubt it.” Raven replied from inside Terra. “Luthor probably wanted to bring Terra back for her powers; we know Cobalt was interested in her blood, and Terra's powers come from her blood. The Joker was just an enemy of opportunity - he has nothing to do with Trigon or Luthor; and Trigon used Luthor's scheme to his advantage; but he wasn't part of planning it.”
 
Terra, however, disagreed. “I don't know about that Raven.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Somebody butchered Cobalt's scientists; but they spared me. And because of that, I came back to you guys and gave Trigon a chance to resurface. Somebody might have done that because they knew Trigon's seed was in you; because they wanted Trigon to return.” Terra explained. It seemed weird, since it looked like Terra was talking to herself - but every time the person speaking switched, the eyes would change.
 
“So whoever freed Terra from Cobalt did it because they wanted Trigon to take control of Raven's body?” Beast Boy blinked.
 
“That . . . we might have a problem.” Raven announced. “There is someone who could have pulled all of this off; someone who could have been pulling the strings behind this entire charade. One of my father's other children might be doing it.”

Only Raven seemed to realize the danger of this theory. There was no hushed silence, no panicked paused. None of them knew how potentially deadly one of her siblings could be.
“Why?” Tim asked.
 
“For power.” Raven explained, beginning to understand what was really going on. “If my soul is destroyed, then Trigon will be able to manifest his full powers inside my body. Then, if it is one of Trigon's other children, they could kill Trigon and absorb both his powers and mine - and they'd become a super demon.”
 
“Wait, you mean all this stuff that's happened since we got back from Tamaran has just been the plot of some crazy sibling of yours?” Beast Boy asked.
 
“Probably.” Raven replied.
 
“Dude, Rae, I love you; but your family sucks.” Beast Boy sighed.
 
“At least we have some idea what we're dealing with now -” Robin started to say; but he was cut off mid-sentence. A loud noise was echoing through the cavern. The noise was the sound of a flat-line on a heart monitor. Robin's eyes widened in horror and he turned and ran through the darkness. The others all followed him in stride as they realized what this could mean.

Thoughts were swimming through Robin's head; but he couldn't bear to think they were true. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him until he arrived in another part of the cave. There was a bed set up; the bed Starfire was lying in. Alfred stood over her with a saddened look on his face. The machine that monitored her heart was flat lining. Robin stopped dead in his tracks.
 
“No . . .”
 
He fell to his knees. It was too late.

Starfire was dead.
 
For a moment, everyone looked at the bed in horror. The beautiful Tamaranian princess was lying on her back, still covered in blood from her operation. Her big green eyes were closed and she looked peaceful.
 
Then she burst into flames. Everyone in the room either gasped or screamed and took a step away from the bed; except for Robin who was too horrified to do anything.
 
Raven took control of Terra's body and the eyes widened in horror. She realized what was going on at once. Above the flaming body, several strange runes appeared in the sky above the flaming Starfire.
 
“It's a demonic ritual.” Raven announced in a shaky voice. “Someone's trying to bring her back to life.”
 
A moment later, the flames vanished; and Starfire opened her eyes. The blood that covered her shirt was gone. The hole from the bullet and the cuts from Alfred's surgery were gone. Even the hole in her purple shirt was gone. She was every bit as healthy as she had been before the shooting.
 
Starfire opened her eyes wide and sat up in the bed. She looked over at Robin; who was still on his knees. He stared back at her for a moment before doing something very un-Robin-ish. He jumped across the room and hugged her so quickly and so tightly, it reminded the others of the hugs she often gave him.
 
“Starfire.” He whispered in her ear. He had lost all control of himself. Robin was the always cool, always-in-control leader of the Teen Titans; usually. Today, however, he did not give a damn about that. He broke down squeezing Starfire tightly.

“Robin, what has happened?” Starfire asked, using her superior strength to push him away. “How did we get here? Why are we not at the prison? Why are you crying?”
 
“He's crying tears of joy because you're alive, Starfire. Though I'm sure that's about to change.”

A cold, familiar voice echoed through the room. Even before they all turned around in horror; the Teen Titans knew who that voice belonged too. It was a voice engraved in their minds - and there was no mistaking it.
 
Everyone in the room turned to the entrance of the Batcave. Each member of the Teen Titans had the same horrified look in their eyes. Beast Boy's jaw dropped. Cyborg ran a systems check just to make sure he wasn't malfunctioning. Starfire's eyes widened and she became even more confusion than she had been. Terra was controlling the body now, and her face broke into a look of pure, sheer terror.

Robin was horrified beyond words. It was like seeing a ghost; again.
 
There was a man standing at the entrance. He was tall, and dressed in a dark trenchcoat. His face was well-aged; he had a short gray beard and mustache. He also had an eye-patch which he wore over his left eye. None of the Titans, save Robin and Starfire, had ever seen the man's face before; and they had only seen what was left of that face after Starfire had beaten the hell out of the man. Robin had last seen it after he used a bird-a-rang to kill the man who stood before him, back in the Cavern of Trials on Tamaran.
 
“Relax.” Slade laughed as he walked down the steps and moved closed to the group. “I come in peace.”
 
“Funny, but for some reason I don't believe that.” Robin snapped.
 
“It was you.” Raven interrupted. “You preformed the ritual on Starfire. You brought her back from the dead.”
 
“What!?” Starfire shrieked.
 
“Impossible!” Robin yelled nearly as loud.
 
“Correct Raven.” Slade replied, a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. Without waiting, be began to explain. “If you recall, Trigon the Terrible gave me demonic powers after he revived me from my first downfall at Terra's hands. In order to do that he had to construct for me my very own soul-self. Yes; I have a soul-self just like you and Trigon do, Raven. Robin may have killed me on Tamaran; but he did not destroy my soul-self - he didn't even realize I had one. That's what gives me my demon powers, that's what allowed me to return from the dead once again. I am not a man, not anymore. I'm a demon; and thus I am the one who used the demonic ritual to revive Starfire.”

Slade walked across the room, an amused smile on his face. He stopped in front of Batman. “You did a good job on the boy; I can't even count how many times he's impressed me.”
 
Batman didn't reply.
 
“What do you want Slade?” Robin demanded.
 
“Revenge, of course.” Slade replied. Robin went for his bo-staff, but Slade laughed. “Against Trigon, not you. That bastard double-crossed me; and I want to make him pay for it. I don't have the power to do that alone, though - but if I had your help that would be another story.”
 
Robin narrowed his eyes. “What makes you think we'd help you?”
 
“I just brought Starfire back to life.” Slade replied. “I'm sure that right you either think I plan to use you to exact my revenge on Trigon before turning on your; or you believe I'm still working with Trigon and this is all part of an elaborate trap - but you're wrong. I didn't bring Starfire back to life so you'd trust me; and I didn't do it so you'd help me. I did it because I wanted revenge on you too, Robin. And I got it.” Slade's face was twisted with a sick grin.

“The hell you did.” Robin replied.
 
“Oh really? If it wasn't for me Starfire would be dead right now. You would have lost her forever. You owe me, Robin. From this day forward, every time you kiss her, or hug her, or look at her - you remember that the only reason she's alive is because Slade Wilson saved her. The only reason you can still see the person you love the most is because the person you hate the most saved her. That's the best revenge I could ever have against you, Robin.”
 
Robin didn't know how to respond to that; so he said nothing. He couldn't stand to admit it; but Slade was right. Starfire would be gone if it wasn't for him. Nothing could be more ironic, or disturbing, in Robin's mind than this truth.

“Now I believe it's time we get down to business. Raven's theory is correct. The demons Sadira and Azarock, two of Trigon's children, are here on earth. Trigon must have sensed them at the prison; that's why he ran from all of you.”

“How do you know any of that?” Beast Boy demanded.
 
“I've been watching things unfold for quite some time now. Everyone seems to be playing a different side. You see what neither Trigon, nor Azarock and Sadira are aware of is there is another demon here. Judging from the way he moves he is defiantly one of Trigon's children, and he is stronger than the other two. He was the one who killed Cobalt's scientists in Metropolis - yes Terra, I know all about that too - and has been watching both you titans and the other demons. Once while watching him he spoke to himself and referred to himself as `The Great Magus'; so I'm guessing that is his name.” Slade explained to the Titans.
 
“You seem to have all the answers.” Batman pointed out. “What about Cobalt and Luthor? How do they fit into this?”
 
“That demon, Magus, was the one who murdered Cobalt's staff and freed Terra. Probably for the reasons Raven already guessed - to force a reunion between you two and give Trigon a chance to possess your body, Raven” Slade replied to Batman; but turned to face Terra (and Raven inside her) halfway through his response. “Luthor knows nothing of the demons; he just wants Terra so he can build an army of people with powers like her own. Not a bad idea, actually.”

“How can you be sure?” Terra demanded. Just like Robin, Terra was horrified to see Slade - and even more horrified at the idea of working with him.
 
“Because my dear Terra, I was watching as I said before.” Slade turned his eye to her. “I saw him murder those people and free you.”
 
“Then Magus is the one behind all of this?” Beast Boy asked, he was becoming confused. “
 
“There is no one mastermind behind it all.” Slade replied. “Magus is trying to manipulate circumstances so that he can kill Trigon inside Raven's body and absorb the powers of both Trigon and Raven. Sadira and Azarock just want Trigon's powers; they don't care how they get them or from who. Luthor's plan was to use Terra to build his own private army. And Trigon wants to annihilate the human race and eat our planet. You've got a lot of very evil people each scheming towards their own goals.”
 
“I see you left yourself off the list.” Robin snapped.

“You're beginning to irritate me Robin.” Slade replied, turning on the boy. “Yes, I am evil. Yes, I have my own evil plans. None of that matters today, though. Trigon will annihilate this planet if he wins. The same goes for his children. I can't very well make my own plans work if everyone on the planet is eaten or killed, can I? Face facts; we're both fighting the same people, and neither of us can win alone.”
 
“I don't want your help, and I don't need it.” Robin shot back.

“Wrong. You can't defeat Trigon or the other demons unless you have a demon of your own to use to fight their soul-selves. Raven is currently stuck in Terra's body and her powers are useless, which means you need a new demon ally. I have the powers of a demon; but I can't fight Trigon alone. Together we give one another what we need; and we may have the power to defeat the demons. Besides - it's so much fun to see you suffer while having to work with me.” Slade was being brutally honest. He was evil, he was planning something, and he needed help from the Teen Titans.

And the worst part, Robin knew, was that they had no choice but to agree.
 
“Fine.” Robin sighed, dropping his head. “What's the plan?”
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
A/N: Not a very “action-packed” chapter; but I'm willing to bet you were shocked when Starfire died; and equally surprised when Slade returned and brought her back. However the real shock in this chapter was the lack of a cliffhanger - see, I can be nice. ^_^
 
Although the next chapter will have a cliffhanger; literally. And you'll see what I mean by that later on. Now for review replies! Chapter twenty-seven was the most reviewed chapter of the story so far; THANK YOU! ^_^
 
Lambbaby: ^_^ Indeed, Terra's presence bringing Trigon back was a giveaway, I'm sure; but I'm delighted to hear you wouldn't have expected Star to get shot. Wooo! I was going for creepy with the Trigon's possession scene; I'm glad it worked. Yay. Dude, the Riddler's cool. I've always liked him. `especially the Jim Carrey version of the Riddle in the live-action movie. -snicker- Dude! You were a sharp one. You totally called the putting Raven's soul in another body thing. Major props m'friend. ^^
 
LadyHood: Nope, I don't believe you have; but I'm happy to hear you liked it. ^^ Mmm. Raven does have some bad luck. I mean, her father's about to use her body to destroy all of mankind and she's slowly turning into nothingness; plus Terra's back. O.o Jeez. Oh well, she'll get over it.
xBxMYxJaMeSxDeANxcandyclouds: Yeah dude! I saw TROQ! I taped it. ^^ Val-Yor was a jackass. A big racists jackass. I was kind of hoping Robin would take him down, but he didn't. >< Dude, I liked the thing with Cyborg and Starfire too. Reminds me of back during that whole Brother Blood thing when Starfire came to comfort him. It's nice to see some interaction between the teammates, isn't it? It was great seeing Robin's reaction, though. Heh. I love the R/S moments. And BB hugging Rae was priceless.
Heh. >< Sorry for the delay. I know I was bad about it; but I'm-a not take that long again. Ah, I'm not sure what a pronumptious mophe is; but I know how irritating it can be when computers don't work, so I'll talk to you later Caitlyn/Rayne. (Which should I call you? -blinks-)
 
Eventidespirit: Oh yes I did. ^^ Heheh, I'm evil, I know. DUDE! You saw them via internet? Why didn't I think of that! Oh, I've got to find a way to download `em! I wanna see stranded so badly! XD! Well, I'm glad the French were right! Yahoo! R/S goodness to look forward too. ^_^
 
beastboy-had-a-brain: Dude, I warned you it would be the worst cliffie ever. ^^ Hehe. I'm evil, aren't I? Well, I hope I updated soon enough of for you. Oh, thanks for the review since it your review was the 200th total piece of feedback I've gotten (between FFN and MMO) So uber thanks, dude. ^^
DarkSin: Heh, thanks. Yep, you reviewed; and I updated. Just like the song said. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed the last chapter, and here's hoping you liked this one too.
 
IllegalDayNightSnappingIguana: “Unexplainable lengths to tear out the reader's heart with gruesome sadness and depressingness and cliffies and deaths and almost deaths.” Ah, music to my ears. ^^ Heheheh. I'm sorry for the evilness; I would promise not to do it again, but we both know that would be a lie. Heh. Anyway . . . I think I know what you mean when you say you liked what I did to Raven. You're not bad at explaining things; I understand you. Err… sometimes. XD. -shiftyeyes- No, I'm not big on angst. I'm just big on cliffies and evilness; when it comes to actually killing characters off I don't do it much. Well, I killed off a few characters in my WHR stories; but nobody I really liked. -snickers- Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, I hope you liked this chapter; and I do hope the ending wasn't too evil this time around. Talk to you later Winter.
 
MIDNIGHT-PIXIE: ^^ I always like running into people who actually LIKE cliffhangers. It makes me feel more normal, since I love `em. Dude, your in a play? Awesome. But it's a bore? >< That sucks. And your welcome for the dedication; twas the least I could do considering you've been so good to me by reading and reviewing and stuff. DUDE! Lap top. Lucky. I want one so bad. But I have no money. XD Actually I have over eighty dollars saved up . . . but I plan to buy a new video game with it. XD!! Dude, viruses suck. >< Tofu. I still need to try some. Maybe I will. Dude! That essay story reminds me of when I *cough* borrowed *cough* an essay from a friend `cause I never read the book. Heheh.
DUDE, cliffhangers rock! They create suspense and drama. As a write they're fun to use, and as a reader they make the story even better. Eep, studying, paper writing and homework? >< Poor you. Well, hopefully I'll have updated quickly enough for your liking. Ta ta Kara, have a good day, okay?
scathac's warrior: I did it because I'm a evil, cruel feedback whore. Didn't you see the song? -snickers- Don't worry, all shall be right again . . . eventually.
 
Pickles12: Wahoo! I'm glad to hear it. ^^ As for Raven and Starfire . . . well, I guess it depends on your definition of “ok”. Eh, don't worry about the secret identity thing. The story focuses mainly on our five Titans, and they're just gonna be called what they're called in the show; so if you don't get the SI's, no biggie. ^^ I'm glad you liked the song. Heh. I love writing silly songs. Anyway, I'll have another chapter soon!
 
Inuluvsu: ^^ Yep, t'was pure evil, huh? I hope most of your questions `bout Terra and Star and Robin and all of them were answered in this chapter, if not, well, they'll get answered eventually. I'd answer all of your questions myself in detail; but you asked some good ones and I don't want to ruin the surprises for everyone. Heheh. Thanks for reading m'friend. ^^
 
Ryoko-onee: Actually I hadn't noticed; but it's nice to know you do review so much. ^^ Hehe. BB and Rae are your favorites, eh? Mine too, actually. Well, don't you worry; I'll have more stuff for `em. Thanks for reading. ^^
 
Anime_girl_13: This story is really one of the top 10 fics you've ever read? Wow. That makes me feel so accomplished. ^^ You're just a bundle of compliments, aren't you? Awesome. Thank you so much for your kind words; and I'll be sure to update as soon as possible for you m'friend. Heh, kudos. Finally someone else who uses that word besides me! Wooooo!
 
Blood Stained Raven: Bamboo stick? O.o Dude, I have a bamboo stick. Ep! It'd hurt to be beaten with one of those. Heh. Sorry it took so long on the update; I've had a busy last few days. Anyway, I'm glad you liked the story and I hope the update came soon enough to spare me the beating. -snickerfits-

Ifartinurdirection: Heh. Not a Terra fan, eh? -snickers- Aww, don't hate me for the cliffhangers! I'll behave, I swear. Really, you liked it that much? Wooo-hoo! That makes me feel all accomplished as a author and stuff. Ah, good question. I haven't discussed the ending of this story in quite some time. My original plan was twenty chapters, but obviously I've changed that one. Right now I'm not sure how long it will be; but I doubt it will be any shorter than thirty-five chapters; and unless I get some new ideas, it won't be any longer than fifty. Ah, I'm glad you liked the Batman crossover. I wanted to bring in something other than just pure Teen Titans; and with Robin the idea to use ol' Bruce Wayne was too good to pass up. Heh, I hope I updated soon enough for you; and sorry to have kept you waiting if I didn't. Thanks for reading!