Fan Fiction ❯ Blue Ice ❯ Gathering the Persent ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gathering the Present
 
He sat on the top of the roofs of the Imperial Garden", just sitting there and watching like a hawk at its prey. His eyes could not leave the beauty in front of him.
“Qian…” he murmured, “such a beautiful name.”
It have been five years now, Qian was 10 then and he was just 12. He was just a mere assassin then, sends to kill her brother, but met her instead. Fear…he saw fear in those brown orbs that day. And how can he resist those soft rose lips of her. He promised to be her death. And the war is approaching fast; it won't be long before he fulfills his promise to her.
Huan smirked. The Qing Dynasty will fall! Digging his blade into his flesh, he marked and renewed his promise.
“We'll meet again little princess,” he whispered to the winds. “We are intertwined by black thread", and I am destined to be your death!”
With that, Huan slipped into the dark of the night, unaware of the shadow that lurks after his wake.
“So, that is the little bird which captures Huan's eyes. How amusing,” sneered the shadow, whose red eyes glowed angrily as the bird disappeared into the sanctuary of its cage.
 
" Similar to western castle where the royals live
" Thread in general in Chinese myth is one's lifeline. Intertwined threads mean that the two are destined to meet. Depending on the color of the thread, it could means different things, red for love, white for greatness, blue for sorrow, and so one. In this case, black is for death.