Fan Fiction ❯ Blue Ice ❯ Walking the Miles for You ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Walking the Miles
I don't know how long nor far have I traveled. But to see a village light ahead, I must have traveled far. Before arriving all I could see was a sea of green. Now I can hear a language that is recognizable to my ears and see life. I had already taken off most of my notable luxurious items and was now cradle in smile cotton. By the looks of the small town, I am glad I did so.
The village was fairly small, and consist many simple middle classmen…I assume from their clothes. However, the people seem friendly…at least they are friendly…mix-bloods.
“Can I help you?” a girl asked me, her gray eyes filled curiosity.
I tensed visibly. Although, I had accepted Suo, however, after the ambush, one can't to be too careful.
Imitating the best accent that I had heard from that Anna girl, I lied, “Yes, my mother is a dress maker, and would like me to sell these clothes at this town. Do you know anyone that might be interested?” I took out the silk robes.
Please, I prayed, let her believe that I am a half-fleeing too.
The girl's eyes widen. “Those are beautiful!” she gushed out. “I know a rich lord who might be willing to purchase these. “
I smiled my gratitude, and let out a breath that I was unconsciously holding.
She grinned happily. “Follow me,” she gestured.
Seeing that this is the only chance to make a bargain, I followed.
 
Meeting Again
He had just arrived home. His chamber of silent and peace awaits him. Yet before he could step foot in his room, he was requested for. Unfortunately, he is powerless to kill the person who had disturbed his rest for the person who demanded his presence was Lin, a girl who could not be easily removed. Thus here he is, walking toward the main room of his home, unaware of the glares that he had send out upon his servants.
“What do you want?” he called out annoyingly, slamming the doors with little concern.
“Brother Huan!” the bouncing girl in question squealed. “I want it!” pointing at Qian.
Huan eyes followed in the direction of Lin's finger.
By the corner, stood a girl. A girl, whose beauty was magnified by the shinning sun. Her pale, fair skin glow softly like a heavenly moon, her dark black hair shin like a dragon scale, her honey eyes sparkled like the stars. Huan swallowed hard.
“Qian,” he gasped.
The maiden head snapped toward his voice.
“Death…” came the whisper.
 
Assembling the Puzzle
I couldn't believe it. It's him. It has to be. Those blue eyes, those wild brown hair, and those bronze skin. It's HIM!
“You,” I gasped ghostly. My heart pounded madly, begging me to run into his arms, but my head screams danger. How can I? He is with the Red Dragons. He is with the one that killed my men. I was torn. When did I fell so deep? I only had met him once and he had promised to kill me. How can I fall I love with him?
He approached me leisurely as if we had known each other for the longest time.
“Hello,” he said in a low tone.
I missed his voice. “Hello,” I replied weakly.
“Are you two acquainted?” Lin inquired.
I forgot she was in the room.
“Yes,” I manage to find my voice, “we have met once before…he bought some jewelry from me.”
My death looked at me questionly, but didn't comment.
“I see,” Lin accepted my answer and turned to my death, “Huan,” she demanded, “Buy me the robes.”
Despite myself, I found a smile curve on the tips of my lips at the why Lin order the dangerous warrior around, but quickly over it up when Huan looked my way.
“Leave,” he told Lin.
I stiffened. What is he going to do with me?
Sensing his seriousness, Lin turned to leave. But before she fully exist the room, I caught her attention and cast Lin a worry look, almost pleading her not too.
Lin blinked, and looked back and forth between us. She hesitated, but eventually Huan's glare won out. Giving me an apologetic look, she existed.
I started desperately at the door as it closed.
“Are you scared?” Huan turn back to me, his attention solely on me.
I gulped. “No,” I lied shakily.
He smirked mockingly at me. “Brought some jewelry did I?”
“Are you going to kill me?” I asked.
He looked shocked. “What gives you that idea?”
Images of my fallen people flashed in my mind, and without think, I retorted dryly, “I don't know, because your warriors had kill all of my guards?”
His eyes darkened…I back away.
There have to be an escape. I thought franticly. Looking around the room, I spotted a window. I made a wild dash.
“Idiot!” Huan shouted at me, eyes narrowed and caught me before I can reach the window.
Fast, my mind race, he was fast.
Slamming me into the wall, he trapped me with his body leaning against me. I struggled for my freedom, but he held on tight.
“What do you think you are doing?” he hissed into my ears huskily.
I continue to struggle.
“Look at me!” he stipulated. He jerked my face toward him. I was forced to look at him.
Heavens! He can't really be a mere mortal; he must be one of the heavenly creatures.
Eyes that glitter like the winter ice pierced at me, “Don't ever,” he said firmly, “ever, try to escape again!”
I bit my lips in order to stop myself from falling deeper into his magic.
He released me, but kept me close.
“I…I am sorry for your lost,” he apologized, startling me with his change of attitude, “I did not ordered for the attack.”
I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I was confused. He is clearly a Red Dragon warrior; his armor proves so. After all, who else would wear the symbol of the red, swirling dragon, which imprints itself on the front and back of the armor?
“It was my sister who attacked,”
So the usual girl was his sister.
“She held anger for your seduction of Suo,”
Suo? Seduction? But…but…Suo is like a brother…and he would never like me like a man loves a woman. Surely he jests?
“I would never harm you,”
My ears are in disbelief. How can he say that when he had declared to kill me ten years ago?
Confused. Utter confusion.
He gazed at me, and seizes me into his arms. “I want to make you mine,” he licked my cheeks.
I was in dazzle; truly I am dreaming…my death wants me? But aren't we entwined in black? Not red!
Huan didn't notice though, and lead me to his chambers.