Fan Fiction ❯ castle of new hope ❯ Tyde ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well when I looked into that cave, I wasn't quite expecting to see two things, which I knew were not native to this planet, here. But in the end I ended up joining them. I don't know why but I did. I think they needed me more then I needed them, but I would help them anyway. So we went to my house, it was much like the elves but unlike them, I can actually say that I have not hurt nature.


We went in and I grabbed my axe… that was bigger then me and most of it was blade, intricate designs made this axe more valuable then a king's ransom… whoever made it must take pride in his work. Anyways… we soon went off to a different castle; it went by the name of "new hope". It was the last castle that didn't have them in it… although we went there most of it was quiet.


We soon went into the coliseum and heard some man speaking. "And you Jason have been charged with murder, treason, impersonation of a judge and theft. The accused just stood there shocked and then said, "I stole and murdered no man or thing". The man was about 6 foot but you could see from his aspects that he was from the race of barbarians, in the barren lands.


I murmured to Mitch "we need a guide and this man would do it"… he looked at me like I was crazy, and then replied "then how do you suggest that we do then hn"? I grinned and said in an amused tone, "Ask Deciet he can hold him up with telekinesis then I will hold off the guards". Mitch stared but nodded, then spoke to Deceit who only nodded… apparently he was a man of few words…


Deciet's hands glowed green as he worked his magic. I quickly ran to hold off the guards, we all knew what to do. Mitch quickly got to the pedestal and unleashed Jason. Then they ran off, I quickly drew my axe as seven guards came to me. With one overhead chop into the ground, it left a huge crater from which they would not be able to cross. I then ran with Deciet back to the meeting point.


About an hour later we all got there. Deciet had two wounds on his hands from working his magic. But that was all the injuries accounted for. We quickly all rounded on Jason. I asked almost amused "and how does the king of barbarians get to be caught a petty thief"? He quickly snapped at me, "I did nothing but impersonate the judge, he was holding some of my people captive. I could not let them get away with that".


Deciet grinned at me "how long do you think until they realize it was an illusion"? I grinned and replied "not very long and by then… I want to be long gone". Jason said, "Why did you rescue me"? Mitch replied solemnly we need a guide… to get to the castle". Jason replied "you were just at the castle… wait… you mean the castle of the damned"? Mitch angrily said “I do not think that this person did what you claim, and I will get to the bottom of this"!


Jason sighed and nodded “I will do what I can… I owe you my life and I do not like unpaid debts…" Mitch nodded in thanks… after several hours of trying to get a fire started, since Deciet couldn't do anything with his hands like this. We finally got a spark… only to have it go on the ground and go out. The flint was wet so we couldn't use that either…


We quickly went back to the cave after that. I knew it was going to get cold… and within an hour it was cold wet and miserable, but fortunately we got into the cave before that. So we decided to keep watch in turns first me then Mitch then Jason. We decided to make sure Deciet had more sleep, because his spells might be more useful, if he can use them.


After the long night, morning had finally come. Jason hunted and got 3 rabbit and some herbs for the rabbit… but we had no fire to cook the rabbit so we tried again, and this time it worked! Amazingly we got it started and started to cook the rabbit. After our well-earned meal we started off to the castle… now known as "keep of the Fallen Knight"