Fan Fiction ❯ castle of new hope ❯ jason comes into play ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I swear if these people didn't save me I would have killed them… they thought they could get into the castle, without being challenged by the knight. Well… even though I didn't like it I took them there, it took about 5 hours but we got there. I knew Deciet would almost be useless now that he had no weapons, and he couldn't use his magic. Well when we got there it looked normal…


But unfortunately something happened to Tyde and he wasn't there. We should have had two people in the back… Deciet stayed behind to look around for him. Then Mitch and I went ahead, into the great chamber of kings; as it was once known, but now it was nothing but the grave marking of great warriors. But even though we saw these we did not turn back.


Soon we got into the throne room where a lone knight stood, it was almost he was like a statue; it appeared as though he did not move or even breathe. But soon after he turned his head I discarded that idea. He replied coldly and without emotion, "Leave this place if you wish to live". Mitch answered back. "I will not leave without hearing your story knight" the knight glared at Mitch with hatred the gods themselves would cower at. "That is none of your concern now draw your weapons"


He then drew his bastard sword. Mitch began to bring out his crowbar and I brought out a short sword. The knight raised his sword in the knight's salute, before he started to attack with brutal force, striking high and to fast for either me or Mitch to get an attack of our own in; despite his size he was amazingly quick. My only thought at the moment was to stay alive.


(Mitch)


Ok maybe it wasn't such a great idea coming here. Here I am defending against someone twice my size and has more muscle then Tyde. This was not good he was more brutal then my second wife… or was it the third? I thought as I was defending each blow of the huge sword. I didn't matter right now… then I heard something it was the cracking of my crowbar, which is the only thing that's keeping him from me.


After three more blows with his sword my crowbar snapped in half. I quickly grabbed my metal drumsticks and blocked a near fatal blow; and amazingly they didn't crack. Then I heard Jason's blade snapping, and it finally broke under the stress, Jason quickly jumped behind a table as the blade hit the ground where he once was. Jason looked around franticly and he saw what he needed… a shield and war hammer.

He grabbed both as quickly, as he could and actually got a hit on the knight's side. It did absolutely nothing except drive the knight's temper. I quickly jumped under the knight, and then knocked the blade out of his hands with my feet and tripping him at the same time. So he fell right on top of me… and Jason tried to hold him but he quickly recovered then we were all startled by the breaking down of a side door.


(Tyde)
Just my luck I got trapped in this bloody cage… I continuously beat on the bars until they gave out. I soon found Deciet and we decided to go with the sound. We went to the big brass doors and I knocked one down with my shoulder… painful I'll admit but it did the job. Soon Jason and I had the knight pinned down in a corner, and he dropped his blade… in defeat


He looked shock as though he couldn't lose but he did. Then I said, "Why did you attack Mitch"? He answered coolly and coldly "you trespassed… I gave him a choice to leave or die… looks like I failed to do either…" Mitch asked inquisitively "why are you still here and no one else is"?


The knight closed his eyes painfully and said. "We were taken by surprise by thousands of demons… I was the only one that survived the attack". Tyde spoke grimly "why did you not just leave"? The knight spoke but angrily "I would have no honor if I were to leave this place without burying my comrades… I buried one a day for the last month and not there are few left to bury… and I have nowhere else to go… this has been the only home I've ever known


Mitch offered "would you want to become one of the team, sure you would be traveling with the people that beat you, in a duel that required 4 people to beat you but so what? The knight smirked "I have to anyways since you have beaten me I must accompany you. It is in the code of the knights". Mitch grinned "does this knight have a name"?


The knight smirked "my name is Nateal"