Fan Fiction ❯ castle of new hope ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5  (Mitch's P.O.V)


We had started out to the castle, and soon night had come.  We needed shelter so we decided to go into the forest. It was truly magnificent, the trees were taller then the skyscrapers.  Plants that I never had even seen and in colors so pure…


Anyways, we set up for camp, which wasn't much.  We started a small fire, which was easy since I thought we might need a thing of flint.  And amazingly the guy Deciet could manipulate fire, so it took about 2 seconds.  We decided that it would be best if we could find a cave.   Then if we do have any unwelcome company, we could at least do something and defend against three guys… not twenty.  


So we looked for a cave, about half an hour later we had found one.  We looked around and noticed that that there was nothing in there at the moment.  So we went back to the fire and grabbed a torch and firewood we had gathered.  We looked around for any kind of animal we could hunt, but to no avail we would have had more luck at getting to Canada now.


Neither of us had spoken much since the mage came.   Personally it didn't bother me much, I don't want to know what happened in his past… I have a bad enough past.  We actually put a boulder in front of the entrance to the cave.  He had two spells but from what I could see, he was as much as a sorcerer as that other man was.  


Finally we were all ready… I passed him a sleeping bag, which I was smart and brought two.  I suggested that we have a watch but then I thought about it… what could move that boulder except Deciet? So we both fell asleep.  And the boulder being crushed into gravel awakened a couple hours later.  We both looked outside but nothing was there… now he steadily agreed that we place a watch on duty.


Well I got the first watch… just my bloody luck he must have rigged it… I know you can rig rock paper scissors… I swear I frowned as I thought about it.   But I couldn't get over the creepy feeling that something was watching me.   I looked outside again but nothing was there.  I turned around and there was a giant standing in front of me.   He was literally 7 feet tall, and could probley snap me like a twig…


just my luck Deciet was a heavy sleeper… he didn't even hear me as the big guy wrapped his hand around my neck.   Just hard enough so I could still talk, but trough a lot of strain.  He started by asking the obvious, “what are you doing in this forest”? I answered grimly “remove your hand and I might be able to answer you”.  He slowly removed his hand from my neck as though he did not trust me…


Well, right now I wasn't to content to lying to a person that could rip my head off my body without a thought.  So I told him the truth, that we were brought here by a sorcerer and we had no idea.  But we were trying to get to the castle… he replied in a cool tone “you will probley not want to go there”… I asked in a befuddled tone, “why not”?


He replied grimly “rumor has it, that a knight has taken a hold of that castle.   Apparently he killed his lord and everyone else in the town… I do not want to see another person go into that godforsaken castle”.  I grinned to myself what if I could get this guy's help? He would be a valuable asset to the team.   And probley a very good friend… I don't care what the old mage said about not making friends… he can go shove it up his ass…


I looked at the big man dead in the eyes and said.  “you seem to know these parts well my friend… would you join us”?  he nodded his head and said, “yes but on one condition”… I sighed knowing it was not going to be a good one….”what is it”? He looked at me with those green eyes and said “I want revenge on the black dragon Hitsume”


I nodded in agreement “and we have a deal” I stuck out my hand for him to shake it and he did… his hand was twice to three times the size of mine.  We got into a long conversation about things in this land. I figured out that this giants name was Tyde.  Tyde was the last green dragon demon in this planet, and apparently the black dragon had killed the rest.  


Damn… I can see why he wants revenge