Fan Fiction ❯ Circus Summer ❯ Breakfast at Dick's ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The first thing he noticed when he woke up was that his head was pounding violently. With a groan he pushed himself up from his bed, and rubbed his forehead. All he could remember was that after the club, he and the girls went to a bar, or something of the nature….and now here he was, back in his trailer.
 
Naked, too.
 
That last part gave him room for thought, and he blanched a little, putting his hands to his head. “Oh God, please tell me I didn't….”
 
“You didn't…” came that sardonic voice he knew so well. He looked up from his bunk, and saw Raven in her meditation position, eyes closed and a thin-lipped smile on her face. She slowly opened her two left eyes, and laughed a little. He sat up, keeping the blanket around his midsection.
 
“What's so funny?” he asked, feeling a bit miffed at the moment and crossing his arms over his chest.
 
“You,” she replied simply, finally opening both sets of eyes and lowering her arms to her sides, resting them against her knees as she slouched forward a little. Today she was wearing a simple white t-shirt and a pair of ragged jeans. Both items, however, came from Dick's clothing pile. Her own clothes were piled up to the side, and she gave him a little wave. “Anyways, you have nothing to fear…..you were too drunk to do anything….to anyone…”
 
“Then why are you…?”
 
“I was too tired to go back to my trailer after dragging your butt in here, so I spent the night.” She shifted, a little uncomfortable for a moment, before settling back down, and adopting that thin smile again. Dick blinked, then checked himself.
 
“And I'm naked why…?” he asked, slightly amused as he brushed his messy hair out of his eyes. He could see Raven's cheeks pinkening for a moment, and he chuckled. “Unless you want to keep that a secret.”
 
“Well, I didn't want you to get up in the middle of the night, stumble around, and hurt yourself because you were hot. So I just…removed your clothes.” `And got a really good look at you….'
 
“Oh…well, thank you…” he replied, rubbing the back of his head before laying back down. “Is it just me, or does it smell like canvas in here…?”
 
“I think it does….it must be from when they stored one of the smaller tents here…or it could be just that vinyl finish stuff your dad keeps around….” Raven suggested, going to stand up and get a glass from the sink. Upon acquisition, she went to get herself a glass of orange juice. She sipped at it slowly, then walked over and gave her glass to Dick, who just looked up at her with a confused look on his face. “Go on, drink….” She urged, making sure he took a large gulp of the stuff.
 
“Ooooh…that tastes funny…”
 
“That's probably just the liquor residue in your mouth.” She remarked sourly, sitting down next to him, crossing her arms over her chest. “Well, feeling better?”
 
“I am now…thank you….” He winced a little, rubbing his forehead some more, and drinking some more juice, before setting the glass aside, and laying back, his blanket falling from his chest and settling around his hips. He tugged it back up, while Raven sighed softly.
 
“You're welcome…just next time you go out don't go getting drunk….” She commented, sounding a little miffed with him, her arms over her chest. All four eyes gave him a stern look, and he made a playful mock-scared squeak.
 
“Yes, mom…” he rolled his eyes, using his fingers to get his hair straightened up, trying to spike it up a little to keep it out of his line of vision. He growled in frustration and gave up on it after a few minutes, the girl laughing softly at him, and raising one brow a little.
 
“What's the matter? Baby can't get his hair right?” she teased, deciding to mess around with him by tickling him, running her fingers along his stomach and sides. He made an eek sound, and started laughing and rolling around.
 
“H-hey…ge-get off..hee hee ha ha…”
 
Instead of listening, she continued to tickle him, a small grin growing on her face as she followed after him, ending up on top of him after a moment. Then when she stopped, they looked at each other, both of them realizing exactly what position they were in, an awkward silence filling the air. Then they moved for a moment, and they hit against each other, their lips brushing against each others. They stayed like that for a moment before the furiously blushing Raven scooted away, and looked elsewhere, while the acrobat fell back on the bed, and rolled over, smiling sillily but trying to hide it.
 
“S-s-sorry…” she stammered, chewing on one of her fingernails idly, trying not to look him in the face for the moment, and to relax somewhat. Inside her head, she was a jumbled mess: `Oh God Oh God Oh God…..I can't believe that just happened…no way….I mean….that was….my first kiss….' And so on.
 
Dick meanwhile, was practically thinking the same thing: `Oh wow….that was…great…'
 
Finally the two of them looked at each other, faces almost back to normal, and chuckled a little. “I won't tell if you don't,” Raven held out her hand, her pinky extended. Dick nodded, and reached out with his, linking their pinkies together.
 
“Deal.”
 
“Now that that's settled…..what do you want for breakfast?” she slid down to the floor, and started rummaging for food, making some noise and sighing a little in annoyance. “Eggs? Toast? Some bacon?”
 
“How about all of the above, and please be more quiet…” he winced again, hands over his eyes. She made a soft squeaking sound, and smiled a bit.
 
“Sorry about that….” She apologized, getting to work on his breakfast.
 
 
*****
 
 
It was about half an hour later that he had managed to get dressed while still in bed, and sat down with the red-skinned girl, and started chewing absentmindedly on a piece of toast.
 
“So….”
 
“So…”
 
A heavy silence passed between the two before Raven finally spoke up again. “Good thing we have today off…otherwise you'd be sicker than Hell right now….” She finally said, giggling a little. Dick gave her a dirty look, and waggled his toast at her.
 
“Don't start something you can't finish…” he warned playfully, before going back to his loud munching. Then he paused. “Didn't you get any for yourself?”
 
She looked away, embarrassed. “No…my stomach can't handle any food in the morning….it gets really upset, and I end up needing to use the washroom in the worst way ever….” She stopped, going pink in the face as she realized she was probably saying too much. Richard gave her one good look, then burst out laughing.
 
“That explains your scrawny butt.”
 
“Wh…HEY!! My butt is NOT SCRAWNY!!!”
 
“Whatever you say, sister….”
 
She took a swing at him, which he took on the arm and made a mock-whining sound, before tossing a piece of toast at her.
 
“EEEEK!!”
 
“HAHAHA!!” he pointed at her, the toast stuck to the side of her face, slowly sliding off. Her eyes started glowing a bright yellow, and the toast suddenly flew at his head, smacking him in the nose. “Hey…how'd you do that?” he blinked, rubbing his poor nose a few times. Raven stared blankly, eyes wide.
 
“I…I don't know….”
 
 
*****
 
 
About an hour after that, and a few moments of poking the toast, the two young people left the trailer, Dick wearing a pair of heavy black shades to cover his eyes, and Raven with her hands in the pockets of her borrowed jeans.
 
“Gah, it's bright out…” the boy groused, putting one hand over his eyes. The girl snorted, amused, and dragged him towards the bigtop. He sighed in relief as the darkness washed over him, and he sat down on the nearest section of the stands, leaning against the railing in front of him to rest a little. “Well, I suppose today's a bust, huh? I mean, I'm sicker than a dog right now…”
 
“Mhmm..” Raven nodded, sitting down next to him and patting his shoulder in a friendly manner. He smiled and sat up a little straighter, and looked around them.
 
“I forgot how quiet it could get in here…” he commented, smiling at her. He leaned in close, but then he heard someone walking around outside.
 
“Dude…this is SOOO the last time we deliver a package here.”
 
“You said that last time, Gar…”
 
“Artie….”
 
Dick laughed a little, and gave Raven a pat on the back. “Some days, huh?” he shook his head, standing up to head outside, leaving the girl with her thoughts.
 
`Maybe...maybe he does like me…'