Fan Fiction ❯ Circus Summer ❯ Date Night ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: this chapter is the first one that happens in the same 24 hour period as the previous one, and serves as the night time. Also, this may be one of my weakest chapters. It might not be the last, though. And I should also add that I actually have no idea how long this one fic will be. That's why I appreciate all reviews and suggestions…so it doesn't grow stale. And for now, there won't be too many extra characters popping up. AND for those who asked, yes, Victor is Cyborg's real name.
 
 
 
 
 
The setting for tonight is a nightclub, a special nightclub owned by a man named Brion Markov, a young-twenty something with fluffy butter-yellow hair that went down to his shoulders, with bangs that framed his face, and a dark t-shirt and brown gloves, and a pair of cargo pants. He was currently showing one of his summer employees how to mix a drink, making wild gestures and slapping his forehead every so often, and cursing in a strange foreign language. The other person involved in this exchange wore a chagrined look on his face, and sighed, nodding occasionally. Finally Brion nodded in reply, satisfied, and checked the register carefully, rolling his blue eyes and starting up again.
 
Dick watched all this with an odd curiosity, while he tuned out some of the more troublesome sounds around him, such as the two arguing sisters. What they were arguing over, he wasn't too clear on, but it was really starting to work his last nerve. What he really wanted to do was stay in his trailer, and mope listlessly, not be dragged around the city…though he had made the decision to go out anyway…something he was still beating himself up over.
 
`Some days, Dick m'boy, you just don't know when to keep your big mouth shut, do you?' he thought to himself, smiling wryly.
 
 
*************
 
 
Raven was curious. Not just in her attitude, but in her current manner of dress. She was wearing a heavy overcoat, a scar around her lower face, and a large hat that was pulled down over her forehead, and a large pair of shades, besides her usual t-shirt, jeans, and heavy boots. She was standing just outside her trailer, waiting for the new kid to show up, and feeling foolish all the while. About five minutes into waiting, she was about ready to give up and go back inside when she heard footsteps crunching on gravel. With a small, almost reluctant sigh she turned to face him. And blinked a little.
 
He was dressed in a much neater looking version of his earlier clothes, which for some reason was making her blink in almost confusion. It could've just been the heat she was slowly marinating in. She bowed a little, because he couldn't really see her face.
 
“Uhm…why are you dressed like that?”
 
“Like what?”
 
“Like…that?”
 
She sighed, and rolled her eyes a bit, and walked towards him, and slouched forwards a little. “So…where are we going?” she asked with a small catch in her voice. She was nervous for many reasons, most of which revolved around the central theme of her appearing somewhere outside the circus, where she would possibly be reviled for her appearance.
 
The boy gave her a little look, shaking his head in amusement, and taking her hand in his, almost dragging her along with him until she finally picked up the pace, jogging after him in order to just keep up. “Okay fine…don't answer me….” She muttered under her breath, scowling a little. He had one hand in his pocket, a small amused smile on his face at her impatience, and led her out to where a 1993 Mustang was parked. He fished around in his pockets while she gaped at it. “Wow…nice car…” she ran a hand along the side, and waited to be let in. He nodded a little, finally unlocking the door and hopping in, opening the door for her and pushing it open. She slowly slid in, and slouched down in the passenger's seat.
 
He gave her a funny look, then started the car.
 
 
********
 
 
“Come on….it'll be fun…” Komand'r was attempting to drag Dick out onto the dance floor, and though he was resisting it, she apparently was stronger than she looked, and was winning the fight.
 
“I…just…want to sit…down….” he grunted, straining to break her grip on his arms and failing miserably. Finally she had him out on the dance floor, and with a grudging sigh, he finally consented. “Fine...ONE dance…” he grumbled, watching the girl for a moment as she started swaying to the techno beat, completely at a loss as to what to do.
 
“It's easy…” she gave him a little bump with her left hip, spinning around him. “You just…move around.” He blinked a little, then followed along with her movements, mimicking her exactly for a moment, and starting to really dance. During all this Kori watched intently, a happy-yet-sad look on her face, and sighed heavily.
 
Komm began grinding against Dick again, almost seductively, which was amusing him to a degree, but the wounded puppy dog face her sister was wearing killed any kind of mood he was in. He went to stop her, but she moved so his hands landed on her hips, and pulled her in close to him. “Well, aren't we forward?” she smiled, like the cat that ate the canary, and suddenly leaned down, as she was also taller than him, and gave him a full open mouth kiss, much to his complete and utter astonishment.
 
Her hands went down to his rear, and squeezed, making him almost hop up with a startled look on his face. “Hey!” he managed to remark, trying to wriggle free. Kori gritted her teeth almost audibly, while her sister laughed that throaty laugh, and just let him go.
 
“Lighten up…”
 
 
**********
 
 
After a few quiet minutes, in which Kale fiddled with the dial on the radio, and Raven looked down at her gloved hands with all the interest she could muster, she finally sighed and slid back upright, looking out of the window and watching the world pass by.
 
“Is there something wrong?” He asked her, a look of concern on his face as he slowed down, before making a left turn, and pulling over. His hair was over his eyes, but didn't obstruct his view of the girl, his eyes blinking a few times.
 
“Well…not really…it's just that I'd like to know where we're going….” She said quietly, her voice deadpanning like it normally did, though a slight hesitation rose from it.
 
“Well, since you asked so nicely…it's that club, Geo Force…ever heard of it?” She shook her head in reply, her face starting to pinken. “Well, it's been around for a month or so, but it's a really popular place…”
 
Raven took a deep breath, and started feeling a little queasy. Being in the circus was one thing, she could handle that...but surrounded by normal people? That was something she's never done. The prospect frightened, to be honest. Kale finally turned off the engine, got out, then helped her out, locking up and leading down the street to the club. She clung to his arm, mostly trying to stay out of sight, wishing she could've just had really pale skin, and maybe dark hair, something that wouldn't stand out so much. No such luck for her.
 
So she just kept her head down, and sighed a little as they entered the club after several minutes…
 
…Just in time to see Dick being open-mouthed kissed by Kori's older sister. She stared, and bumped into someone, losing her hat in the process. The person bent down to give it to her, but one look at Raven and they screamed out. This caused a mild panic, until a young man with long, flowing dark hair that went down over his shoulders and carrying two metal serving trays came out and started banging them together. During all this, Dick saw Raven, and his heart went into his shoes yet again.
 
“Okay okay…break it up!” the newcomer said, almost angrily, and sighed, his dark eyes forcing everyone else to calm down, with their hard gaze. He gave Raven a slight, apologetic smile. “Sorry about that…some people here are just rude….” He offered her a hand, which she took, prompting him to bow and kiss it gently. “I'm Garth…I help run this place….”

Raven was astounded at the number of people showing that kind of interest in her now. Apparently things had changed since her first, rather doomed relationship before the circus. So she smiled weakly, and blinked a little shyly as he tugged down her scarf to see all her face. “You shouldn't hide yourself, you know…” During this little conversation, Kale was beginning to fume angrily himself, and was about to say something when he felt Raven's elbow in his gut, and a mild glare from her top two eyes. The other two were all misty and fuzzy at Garth.
 
“Come in, come in…” he ushered the two of them in, and lead them to the bar, where Brion had finally decided to take over, and relegated the storeroom chores to the hired help.
 
 
******
 
 
Dick really wanted to leave now, not wanting to see Raven on her date, but the grip Komand'r had on his hips made that impossible.
 
“What's your rush….Boy Wonder?” she teased him, leaning in and licking him across the lips. Now Kori had finally snapped, and walked forward, catching her sister by the ear and dragging her away, kicking and whining. “OW!”
 
“Leave him alone, sister. You are acting like the slut…” she replied, testily.
 
“Uhm, sweety, it's A, not the…” she smiled a bit, before getting another sharp tug on the ear. “OW! Okay, okay...stop it already…”
 
Dick sighed internally, and followed after them, since he did get a ride from them, and didn't have enough money on him for a taxi. He sat down at the bar, and occasionally looked over at Raven, who on her own occasions looked back over at him.
 
`Well, this is going to be a long night….'