Fan Fiction ❯ December ❯ It's Her ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

December

Main Characters

Alexander "December" Fontaine (Yukiko) - He distances himself from people for fear that they will be hurt. Everyone he's loved has meet an unfortunate demise and he wants to put an end to that vicious cycle. The only way to do that is to get rid of the demon blood in his system but he still hasn't figured out how to do that. He's heard the legend about Estelline, a being that has existed since the beginning of time who may be able to grant him his wish. Many other demons are also searching for Estelline who will get to her first?

Age: 17 physically, 6925 spiritually

Height: 6'

Weight: 195 lbs

Eyes: grayish hazel

Hair: black almost always spiked

Sashamelia "Sassy" Santiago - She is the leader of the Serenes and the most popular girl in school. She doesn't understand why she's so popular but all her life everyone has liked her but she has yet to find someone to truly love her. Things have been pretty strange for her lately ever since she started being friends with December. She feels she may know him but wouldn't she remember someone as gorgeous as him? Sassy is about to find out why she has such a power over people but does she really want to know?

Age: 16

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 127 lbs

Eyes: bright green

Hair: auburn

Summary- A half demon afraid that his blood line is killing all the ones he loves wishes to become a full human. He's tired of his immortal life that has been full of only sadness and pain. The legend of Estelline reaches his ears and he swears to be the one to find the care taker of the living. Since he plans to have a normal mortal life he must go through what his human age group must endure, high school. There he meets a girl from his past whose memory he'd wiped out in hopes of protecting her but he is once again drawn to her. He can't explain why but if it's fate who's he to argue with her?December

The group of girls walked confidently through the high school halls, they were popular all ahead of their peers. The blonde was vicious and would do anything to benefit or entertain her. The raven haired girl was a natural born leader and would eventually be a house hold name due to magnificent writing skills. Then there was the one in the middle with long flowing auburn tresses, she seemed to be an enigma. There was something about here that made everybody love her without having to know her directly. She was the odd one in the group and the best known which didn't sit well with the blonde. A boy with black spiked hair skateboarded in front of them not noticing he was about to crash into the brunette. He was to caught up in the music blasting from his headphone and had his eyes closed so he could feel the wind. She tried to jump out of the way but it was too late. They feel to the floor in a tangled heap both ashamed with the position they were in. She removed her legs from where they were wrapped around him a little too close for comfort. He propped himself up to look at what had broken his fall and an immediate blush crept onto his cheek.

"I.." Before he could get the apology out he was pulled away from the girl and pushed to the lockers behind them. His skateboard was kicked down the hall and he looked at the thin leg that had done it and raised his eyes till they were locked onto an icy glare. He groaned and got to his feet picking up her stuff as he did so. He went to give her bag back to have it snatched away.

"Oh God now you have to sterilize it, Sassy. You need to watch where you're going my girl here is worth more than you'll ever make in your entire life."

"Hey Sugar calm down it was an accident."

"An accident? He did it on purpose. He's jealous of the Serenes. He's an outcast wishing to be part of the A group." He laughed and started walking away ignoring the yells from the blonde.

"Don't turn your back on me Freak!"

"I have no quarrels with being a `freak'. Living up to the standards of your hypocritical society does not suit my free spirit but it perfectly matches you. It's a match made in heaven, a fake blonde with false power and a world built on lies. Your entire body and character is a lie, Jessiniah. I have it on good authority that you stuff." She folded her arms over her chest making him smile.

"Good word usage. I like him." She scowled at the ebony haired girl and marched off. They laughed and headed into their calculus class just as the late bell rang.

"San do you know who that boy was in the hall?" She hid her face behind the thick calculus book, she had already finished her work.

"He goes by the name December. No one really knows his real name but stay away from him he's trouble. He's been known to do some unlawful things."

"People exaggerate things. I bet he's real nice. He was kind of cute too, with those grayish hazel eyes and that lean body…"

"Ms. Sashamelia Santiago and Ms. Sandra Carter is there anything you want to share with the class?"

"No Mr. Joan."

He was sitting at the end of the cafeteria as far away as possible from everyone else. No one walked towards his table they had been informed by friend's not to. He couldn't see the person staring at him from the other side of the cafeteria at the popular kids table.

"What are you doing?" She snapped out of her daze and looked over at her friend trying to feign innocence.

"Nothing. Do you guys want some soda? I want a soda. Bye." She got up before anyone could say anything. Jessiniah knew where she was going she had followed her gaze to him. Just as she expected Sashamelia sat down at December's table and she vowed to stop whatever would be between them before it could start.

"Hi." He looked at her taking his eyes off his sketch pad for the first time since the beginning of lunch period. She leaned over the table to look at the picture and was awestruck. He pulled the sketch pad out of her sight range embarrassed at being caught drawing her.

"Why are you over here?"

"I wanted to apologize for Sugar being so rude to you. She's PMSing." He smiled making her smile widen.

"Apology accepted but I should be apologizing for making you fall."

"Nah it's okay I need to be grounded from time to time it keeps down to earth." He thought her attempts at puns were pathetic but couldn't help but laugh. There was just something about her that had him captivated. Maybe it was those green eyes, he'd never seen eyes so green. He'd think they weren't natural but he'd known her when she was a child and it was those eyes he still remembered. She didn't remember him he'd made it that way to keep her safe.

"That's good."

"That sketch was really beautiful who is it of?" He opened the book to the page and placed it on the table. She slid onto the table to get a better look unknowingly giving him a better look of what was under her black skirt. He turned away hoping she hadn't noticed he'd been checking her out.

"You." She blushed and turned away unable to face him. She hated that this shyness set in every time she felt interested in a boy. She stared at the picture noticing how he'd done every detail perfectly but still unable to believe it was her.

"I'm not that beautiful. You're good if you can make me look like that."

"You're not beautiful, you're gorgeous. Have you looked in the mirror lately?" She hid her red face behind a mass of hair and gasped in shock when he put a hand on her cheek. She could feel the metal spikes of his leather cuff against her skin. It felt cool compared to the heat of her flamed flesh. She tried to speak but couldn't make any thoughts connect. Her mind was racing and his closeness was making it worse.

"December get away from my friend." Jessiniah pushed him away and dragged away the still dazed Sashamelia. He looked at them till they went out of the building. He sat down to add the finishing touches to his sketch of her.

"What's wrong with you?" Sashamelia snapped back to reality at Jessiniah's harsh tone.

"Wrong? What do you mean?" She pushed back the hair the wind kept stubbornly sending in front of her face.

"Your were flirting with December the Freak."

"No I wasn't. He was flirting with me. He has really soft skin." Jessiniah rolled her eyes and left Sashamelia their to day dream.

It was dark out and she was the only one walking the eerily silent streets. She hated when choir practice was extended but they were getting close to concert time so she understood. She was still singing her solo when someone bum rushed her. She was caught by another boy and held tightly to him.

"Such a pretty thing you are." She could smell the alcohol on his breath and wanted nothing more than to be somewhere else. His buddies stepped into the light of the streetlamp and she cringed. They were all obviously junkies if the tracks marks didn't give it away their smell would.

"Get away from me." She kicked the guy in front of her where the sun don't shine and elbowed the guy holding her. She dashed out of there but they were hot on her trail. They tossed the bag she had dropped making her trip over it. The cement hitting her hip wasn't a pain she ever wanted to experience again. She turned only to meet one of the guys straddling her. She tried to push him away but another guy pinned her wrists above her head. She looked up at him and whimpered in fear and shame of her pathetic situation. This was not the way she wanted to lose her virginity but from what she was feeling pressing onto her thigh she knew that didn't matter.

"Hey leave her alone!" They obeyed so quickly that it made her feel she had probably just been sent to a worse fate. She stood up and screamed at the sight of the men who had attacked her. They had changed into some monster like creatures she'd never seen before.

"Get out of here!"

"December?" She moved towards him only to be grabbed by the clawed hand of her potential rapist.

"She's mine. Go find some other wench Yukiko." He bit her neck drawing blood with his pointed incisors. She kicked him and ran as soon as his arm left her waist. She stumbled towards December suddenly feeling weak.

"Get out of here and don't look back." He pushed her away sending her into an alleyway a safe distance from them. She couldn't move she could only lay on the cold floor and listen to sounds of battle. The screams sounded inhuman but then one distinctly male shout of pain drowned them all out. From then on she heard no more screams that could be placed as December's and wasn't sure if that was good or bad. She fought to stay conscious a battle that she couldn't win.

"Where am I?" He got up looking at the girl bundled up in his jacket hoping she wouldn't notice his wings. If the poison was still in her bloodstream she'd probably think of this as some delirious hallucination if he could only be so lucky. Just to be safe he decided to land on a roof too high for anyone on the ground to make out the details of who they were. He placed her down carefully and sat down with her head on his lap.

"I was taking you to my house to make sure you're okay."

"What were those things that attacked me?"

"Nothing." She tried to sit up but found it impossible to do. He put his hand over her eyes and kissed it. When he pulled it away they were closed, she was fast asleep. He sucked at the puncture wounds on her neck drawing out the poison it wouldn't have any effect on him. He picked her up and took to the air again hoping she wouldn't wake up before he reached their destination.

She awoke to the softness of a comforter wrapped around her petite frame but she still felt cold. She could feel warmth emanating from somewhere on the bed. She moved towards it hesitantly believing it was only her imagination. He looked down at her as she curled up beside him with her head on his thigh. He blushed to his roots never having been so close to a girl before. He could tell by the glazed look in her eyes that she wasn't fully awake yet as he expected she closed her eyes once again and gave a satisfactory sigh. His demon senses allowed him to smell and hear things a normal person would not like the beating of her heart even though it was nowhere near his head. He inhaled her scent of strawberry and baby powder. It made her seem that much more innocent and he hated himself for bringing her into his world. He remembered the first time he had seen her so long ago. He wondered absently if she still recalled that event a good eleven years ago.

(Flashback- December's Point of View)

`Give it back!' The cry of the child was painful to my extra sensitive ears and I prayed for it to stop. Whatever it is she wanted I wanted her to get as well so I could return to my silent brooding. A scream pierced through the air and I found myself falling face first from the roof of the tree house. The children that I had once been looking down upon me remained completely silent staring at me cautiously. I growled revealing my fanged incisors which caused the boy to cry. I could smell the fear radiating off of him but why was the girl completely calm? She pointed at him and laughed. The sound was sweet and such a contrast top her prior screams that I could not believe it was coming from the same being.

`Don't laugh at me!' He tossed a plush bunny at her and she happily caught it. She hugged it to her tiny chest and stuck her tongue out at the boy. He pushed her down onto the dirt staining her flowered summer dress.

`I'm telling Mommy.' The level of fear rose in the boy and he looked to the mansion behind them than back at her.

`Please don't. I'm sorry. Please she'll tell Dad and…and…', he was unable to complete his statement and only began to sob loudly. He put a fist to his eyes making the blue sleeves of his shirt fall. I had wondered why he would wear such warm clothes in the summer and now I that I knew the reason I pitied the child. I reached out for the bruised forearm and he froze in fear. The girl seeing the look of fright in his eyes pushed me away making me fall on my behind.

`Leave him alone. Big bully!' It was strange for it seemed the boy was a few years older than the girl yet she was the protector and he the one in distress. He cringed for her little fingers were digging into the bruise that took up most of his arm. She looked at him apologetically and kissed the bruise on his arm. My senses picked up a strong power but it was from the girl, that was not possible. The boy was laughing now and removing the garment that did not belong in this weather. The bruise was gone but how?

`Now go away demon. Mommy wouldn't like to see you here she is not nice like me. I like demon but Mommy hates.' I looked into her bright green eyes noticing how they smiled playfully. She pushed me towards the tree house dropping her bunny in the process. She looked at it then back at me seeming to find me as a more interesting topic. I chuckled at the thought and found the girl looking at me curiously. Her brother had gone back inside yet I could still smell his fear. She turned her head towards the house and suddenly became anxious. Something was wrong. I sniffed the air and didn't like what was mingling with it.

`Demon?' She looked up at me and nodded her head to confirm my suspicion. She looked sadly at the mansion as a tall figure holding her brother by the arm made his way towards us. He moved too rapidly to be human for he was in front of my face before even my heightened senses could calculate it. The girl was crying again but her face was not towards me. I could not see her reason for distress but then the smell of blood was a good hint. It was her brother's and possible her mother's but what about the father where was he? Is this him before me but this man is a full demon?

`Yukiko what are you doing around my children?' I could see the resemblance in him and the girl but the boy carried none of his attributes.

`Well better to say my child for the boy is nothing to me.' This made the slightly mangled boy stand up and get in an attack stance. His scent was completely human as was his dead mother's but the girl's scent was covered. I could not tell whether she was demon or human but it seemed she was neither. I watched her try to hold back her lighter haired brother but he would not stand down. The demon laughed and sliced the boy in two. The girl's scream made the Earth shake and I had to take to the air to prevent from being engulfed by the tear in the ground. Her father was immediately sucked in and he tried to take her with him. I swooped down and cut his hand away. I flew up holding the still screaming girl, she screamed louder at seeing the bodies of her loved ones fall into the void. She stopped to take a deep breath and started once again. I realized she was closing the hole. I put her down and she began to pull up the blood stained grass.

`Jonah.'

She said the name which was what brought him out of the reverie. He looked down at her noticing the pained expression on her usually smiling face. He wanted to wake her but was afraid that she had regained her past memories and would lash out on him.

"It was my fault. My fault you lost them. I should've sensed the demon presence sooner but I had been so caught up in myself. I hope you will one day forgive me, Elline." He caressed the top of her head.

"I was left in the orphanage but I wandered the streets till you found me once again. You erased everything I knew of demons or my wealthy life. I only remembered being Sashamelia, the girl who has a good life but there is always this underlying sadness. I am Elline not Sassy or Sashamelia. You are Yukiko, the child of the snow." He looked down at her, she was still asleep. He was afraid for he could not sense any emotion when she had spoken. It was a big mistake coming back into her life but he couldn't help himself he was drawn to her.