Fan Fiction ❯ Deltarth -- Story 1: Natasinopax ❯ Chapter 7-1-1: The Demon's Awakening ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7-1-1: The Demon's Awakening

Jon woke up to find that it was very early, and the sun hadn't even raised. He walked quietly into Angela's room to find her still sleeping. He opened the drawer and pulled out a small picture of him and a blue haired girl. She was cute and looked a little like Angela. In the picture, it looked like the two were having a lot of fun. Jon sighed and shed a small tear, and silently said, "I'm sorry Demona."

"Jon, who's that?" Angela questioned from behind him abruptly.

"Oh, it's just a friend of mine." Jon said clearly the tear in his eye.

"It's okay Jon, you don't have to keep a secret from me."

"It's no big deal, it's just a friend of mine."

"Come on Jon, just tell me."

"I just don't want to talk about it okay!" Jon walked angrily out of the room, and Angela felt actually kind of bad for upsetting him. She slowly got dressed, and walked into the main room to see Jon mourning as he sat on the couch.

"Jon…"

"Angela, I'm sorry I snapped at you."

"No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kept persisting in asking."

Jon gave no response, and just kept staring at the floor.

"I loved her."

"Who?"

"Demona, the girl in that photo. A year and a half ago, she was murdered outside the city." Tears started running down his cheeks, as Angela comforted him.

"It's okay Jon, it's okay."

"I loved her so much, and last night reminded me of her, I'm just depressed."

"All I can say Jon is that it isn't your fault, and you shouldn't be like this. There as nothing you could have done to help her that night."

"Yes there was!!! If I just would have been there with her, I could have protected her." Jon began to stop his tears, but it was no use.

"Just let it all out, Jon, just let it all out."

Jon started to settle his tears, and then he thought of Julia went he looked at the pink box of clothing.

"And Julia. She didn't help me at all."

"Why'd you start going out with her anyway?"

"After Demona's funeral, I went to a party thinking it would keep my mind off of her. I got drunk, and then Julia started to suddenly date me. I was practically her slave. I'd follow her every command, and then when I found out Brent was her boyfriend a year later, I almost died. I thought she truly loved me though, and that is what hurt so greatly."

"Jon, just remember, I love you, and I'll never do what Julia did to you, and you'll never be able to change the past, so you shouldn't be so upset about Demona. She's gone, and your sorry she died, but crying over won't help."

Jon suddenly seemed to cheer up, and he hugged Angela.

"I… I… I love you Angela, and I don't want you to die like Demona."

Angela was startled by his words, and she said, "I love you too Jon. I love you too."

"Angela, thank you. I haven't been able to tell anybody things like that forever."

"It's good to do that every once and awhile Jon."

Jon and Angela ended the conversation there, and Jon seemed very happy from that moment on. He got dressed, and though his eyes were still a little red, he seemed better, a lot better. The two walked out of the apartment to find something to get Jon's mind off of his problems. When they got to the boardwalk, Angela saw a flyer for some sort of fighting tournament.

"Hey Jon, you should enter this tournament."

"Why?"

"Well, you're good at fighting, and you could probably win very easily."

"You think so?"

"Of course."

"Fine, I'll do it." Jon now sounded like he had lots of confidence in his voice. They took the flyer, and walked to the destination for sign-ups. A long line followed out of the building. Jon got in line with the flyer and Angela decided to sit somewhere close, since only the participants were allowed in the lines. Jon has entered tournaments before, but this one looked like it was going to be big. When he finally got to the registration desk, the person asked many questions.

"Name please."

"Um… Jon DeCaslu."

"Occupation."

"High school student."

"Fighting style."

"Retzu Chi."

"Age."

"17."

"Gender."

"Male."

"Hmm…" The red-haired stared at the young man giving him a very strange look that seemed to look straight into his soul. She then picked up a small phone and quickly called somebody while repeating all the information. "Okay young sir, you are accepted to fight. All the information like where to go, what to do and so on will be sent to you."

"But I didn't give you my address or anything."

"You don't have to, we know it."

"Okay."

"Next please." The woman said as Jon walked away with a big smile on his face. Angela came running over to him.

"Well…"

"Well, I got in."

"Great. That was short." Suddenly a man a great stature started making a giant scene.

"Why does that little punk get to fight, when me, the strongest one here gets refused. Look, I could beat him right now." Suddenly Angela backed away as the humongous giant came running towards Jon. Jon easily ducked his first punch and elbowed the man in the gut. He then delivered a fierce uppercut to the man's chin. The man slowly got up, and ran again towards Jon, but this time Jon simply moved aside a put his foot out, tripping the giant fighter. The man lay unconscious just after those few hits.

"That's why." The woman yelled as she at the desk, and said "Next please."

As the other combatants stared at him, Jon gave an innocent smile and ran away and Angela came along. As soon as this ended, Jon and Angela decided to just go back to his apartment for the rest of the day. Jon slowly walked in, and there was a black box sitting in font of his room.

He opened the box after walking in to find a plethora of miscellaneous objects. First, he found a slip of paper stating all of the tournament information. Then there was a black suit for Jon, and somehow, it fit perfectly, and a beautiful purple dress that fit Angela. Angela was ecstatic, and put it on immediately to find, like Jon's, it fit perfectly. Also there were two-plane tickets to leave to the city of Spainno. The city was close, but it took about five days to get there by walking, because the ocean separated it from Zodiac.

"SPAINNO!!!" Angela screamed. "I've never been there before."

"Me neither."

Jon quickly packed his bags for the trip, and Angela did the same. They grabbed a taxi, and headed for the airport, which was only about a half an hour away. Jon and Angela boarded the plan with no problem, and arrived at the hotel in about an hour.

When they arrived to the hotel, "De Maru Lesant," They went to the front desk to report they were there.

"Okay, Jon DeCaslu and Angela Nirvan. I'm sorry, but we accidentally gave your room away, and I don't think there are any vacancies." The woman reported. Oddly though as she said this, she looked similar to the woman at the front desk.

"Could you check please?" Angela begged.

"Okay." There was a short wait. "Oh, there is nobody in the Honeymoon Sweet. We can give you that free since we screwed up. Would that be okay?"

"Sure why not." Angela said.

"Honeymoon Sweet?" Jon looked confused. The two were given their keys, and they quickly hurried up to their room.

The room was elegant as can be. The wood décor gave it an old, but rich look. A fireplace was located in the middle of the room, and Angela and Jon dropped their bags in awe. They slowly walked in to find the beautiful bed with a black canopy covering over top the soft, king-size bed. Angela melted as she stared into the room.

Before settling in, a doorman came giving the two a letter. It read, "Please be ready by 8:30 PM for the banquet before the tournament begins."

The two looked at the clock. It was already 7:44. Angela panicked, and quickly ran into the shower to wash. As soon as she was done, Jon did the same, and when he came out Angela was ready, already. Her beautiful purple dressed matched her hair, and it was put up in an elegant like design. Jon was frozen as he stared at her beauty as she tied on her purple high heels.

"Jon!!! Are you going to get dressed, or just stare at me?"

"Oh, sorry."

Jon quickly got dressed, and by the time they were done it was only 8:20. Angela and Jon walked out of the room to find a limousine waiting for them outside to take them to the banquet. Jon and Angela were having such a great time so far , and they didn't even get to the party yet.

When Jon and Angela arrived, a giant castle like mansion awaited them to enter. It lay on the side of the sea over a cliff. Jon and Angela entered to see that the festivities had just begun. Angela was graciously greeted by some of the women. Many of them gave her comments like, "You're so beautiful," "That dress is so elegant," or "Hey, your boyfriend's cute." Jon wasn't given the same welcoming. Many of the men there seemed to be studying the others for the battles, and Jon was very shy to talk to anybody. He at down at a large table and suddenly a little old man who didn't dress for the occasion started talking to him.

"Hey there sonny."

"Yeah, hi."

"My name is Ching Sang Songs." He let out a small burp from the wine he was drinking. His breathed reeked of alcohol. "I'm the master of drunken kung fu."

"I can smell, I mean, see that."

"You're a funny one, a very funny one. You're girlfriend is pretty. What's her name?"

"Angela."

"Did you a… You know."

"NO!!!"

"Waiting until that special moment hey."

"Well, yes." Jon and the old bearded man started laughing.

"What's so funny gentlemen?" A beautiful waitress came with more drinks to their table. Ching took two, but Jon decided not to have any. It was very strange the woman looked very familiar, especially her red hair.

"Why not boy. That's today's problem. Everybody's afraid of alcohol."

"I'm not afraid, I just don't like it."

"Sure." To prove the man wrong Jon took a drink.

"See." Suddenly after finished his drink a little too quickly, Jon didn't feel so well.

"You're weak. Or at least when it comes to holding your drinks." The man let out a goofy laugh as Jon left the table. When he returned though, he smiled at the old man.

"Had ya didn't I?" Again, the two started laugh very loudly. They were the only two guys having fun. Suddenly Angela walked to Jon.

"Hey Jon, I'm going to go powder my nose."

"Okay." After leaving, a man came out to give a speech. He wore a very expensive looking tuxedo.

"Thank you all for coming out here today to participate in the first ever tournament of the Natas Corporation. The real fun will begin tomorrow, so make sure you don't stay up too late today." After speaking, the man looked at Jon, with a very strange look. He weird tattoo sent a shiver down Jon's spine. Also, the name Natas seemed familiar to Jon, but after that drink, he couldn't make the connection.

Angela came out after Natas had left the stage.

"What happened?"

"Some goofy-looking dude came out to talk."

"Oh."

"Hey Angela, let's have fun alright."

After Natas's speech, the atmosphere lightened up, a little bit. Jon met a few nice fighters, but was surprised that Brent wasn't there. Brent surely would never let something like pass him by. Jon probably thought that maybe he wasn't accepted.

Jon and Angela had a lot of fun at the gathering.

At about 1:00 in the morning Jon and Angela finally got back to the room.

Angela and Jon entered. Jon removed his coat and shoes, and sat near the fireplace. Angela removed her shoes and did the same. The fire began to blaze up as they sat down, and it startled the two. Jon lay on his back, and Angela placed her head on his chest. She closed her eyes, and suddenly Jon noticed an odd black box on the bed.

"Hey Angela, another box."

She quickly got up to open and see what it was. Inside there was a silk dress for Angela to where to bed. For Jon there was a black silk outfit. The two changed and went into the bed.

Angela and Jon stared at each other as the lights slowly dimmed in the room, and the fire stopped burning.

"Jon, I think we should take this relationship to the next level. I mean, I love you, and you love me, and I think tonight I'm actually ready. How about you Jon?" When she asked she saw that Jon had passed out on the bed, and had fallen asleep. "Maybe I'm not ready. Maybe it's just the romanticism of this room." Suddenly too, She fell into the abyss of her dreams.

Jon woke up to have a great pain in his stomach. He got up and went into the bathroom. He started into the mirror, and noticed he was changing.

"No not tonight!!!" He had no clue why this was occurring, and suddenly the mirror image of himself began to speak like the demon."

"Now it's my turn to come out and play." Jon suddenly lost control, and now the evil demon was just about to take over. To prevent himself from killing Angela, he jumped out of the window, but it was too late, the transformation was complete. The demon decided to play a sick trick, hide, and wait for Angela to come near enough to the window to attack.

Angela woke up to see that Jon was gone! She woke up startled thinking the assassin was in the room. She noticed window was opened, but was confused. She was a very light sleeper, and would have probably heard somebody doing this, but then again maybe those drinks made her sleep a little deeper.

Angela was cold so she got up to close the windows. She slowly walked out, and as she grabbed the latch, a strong red-skinned hand grabbed her arms and its sharp nails caused a deep scratch in her arm. An odd black tattoo covered its muscular body, and it was wearing a pair of black silk pants like Jon was.

Angela tried to scream, but the demon pushed her against a wall with such force it blew the wind out of her.

"Please don't take me back to him." Angela begged. She looked at the demon, and noticed it looked similar to Jon. She was too worried to think now though and cried, "I'm begging you." Angela began to let tears run from her eyes as the demon held her arms against the wall.

"Oh, I'm not interested in that." Suddenly the demon started to kiss her neck.

"Please don't do that." Angela tried forcing the demon off, but was too weak.

Ignoring her, the demon slowly pulled down on the straps of her dress, slightly exposing the top of her breasts to the moonlight shining through the window.

"I'll do anything, just don't do this to me."

As the red-skinned monster began to pull the other strap, Angela knew she only had one chance left. She got the courage to knee the monster in the groin causing it to fall on the floor holding itself and screeching in loud pain. To avoid the demon from wrecking the hotel and the people in it, she jumped out the window after unleashing her white wings to fly away from the demon over the ocean.

Before getting very far, the demon rammed through the windows, causing them to shatter. Angela flew higher, since she knew demons weren't good in when it came to flying upwards. Though Angela was a fast flyer, the demon was much quicker.

He suddenly stopped though, and Angela thought she was safe. She started to laugh, but saw a black aurora surround the demon. She then heard him scream.

"DEMONIC RETZU CHI BLAST." A black beam shot from his palms, and it shot right through Angela's stomach causing blood to fly, and her wings to give. She fell faster and faster to the ocean, and then the demon caught her. He smiled, and flew towards the forest. He then went into the ground with great power. The demonic man caused her body to make an indentation. She started to cry again because she was so scared and in so much pain. The demon then picked her up, and laid her by a tree. Angela was very weak now, and then demon looked at her with lust in his eyes.

"Please don't kill me."

"I won't, maybe." Angela began to cry even louder. The demon try to hush her cries but couldn't. Again he began to undress her torn clothes with its strong, tattooed arms.

Angela noticed them, and then she noticed his black hair, and his brown eyes. She noticed the remarkable resemblance he had to Jon, and thought of something, and if it didn't work, she would die.

"Jon." Angela cried. The demon backed away from her body. "Jon, please don't do this. I love you Jon."

The demon suddenly held its head in pain. It screamed, "No!!! I'm not letting this happen again. I'm not going to have any more blood on my hands." The demon suddenly began to weaken, the tattoo began to leave its body, and then the horns, wings, and tail as well. After it finished Jon kneeled in front of Angela. Jon was the demon all along!

Jon had a large black tattoo cover his body, and he grabbed it in pain. He looked up into the night sky, and fell next to Angela. Before closing his eyes though, he said, "I beat it Angela, I'm sorry…"

Angela looked into the night sky, and tears ran down her face. She cried and said, "Why didn't you just tell me?" She then began to feel weak too, and passed out against the tree in the deep forest of Spainno in the light of the full moon.