Fan Fiction ❯ Deltarth -- Story 1: Natasinopax ❯ Chapter 8-1-1: Stealing and Erasing ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8-1-1: Stealing and Erasing

Jon woke up the next morning very slowly to find Angela sleeping in a huddled position. She was fine, no cuts or bruises on her body. Jon went to see if she was okay, but suddenly, "Don't touch me." Angela said with while crying into the dirt.

"Angela, I'm sorry. I…"

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I thought you'd be scared away."

"Jon, I love you. I wouldn't do that." She slowly turned over to see Jon looking at her, but she noticed the tattoo. "You do have the mark though."

"Would you have known?"

"Yes. It wouldn't have scared me away though. I would have tried to help you."

"Could you?"

"Yes. Jon…" She slowly got up and held his arm, "I will help you. Just tell me a few things. Is the tattoo why you always wear long sleeve shirts?"

"What?"

"Well, I noticed it after awhile, and I thought it was a little… different?"

"Yes, I was afraid after I learned what it meant that others would too, and stay away from me."

"The legend of the mark is only believed by me and a few really old people, also, you could just have told people that you modeled it after the mark."

"I never though of that." Jon and Angela stayed silence staring into the ground of the forest as the sun started to shine through the leaves of the trees above.

"I killed her though."

"What?"

"Demona. On one of our dates, I morphed and the demon raped and killed her."

"Jon… I'm so sorry."

"When I woke up the next day in my bed, my hands were covered in blood, and after hearing it on the news, I knew it was me. I was never questioned though, because it looked like an animal did it…" Jon started to cry a little, "I never forgave myself."

"It isn't your fault Jon. You have no control over the monster inside. You can't blame yourself for things it does Jon."

"I just loved her so much, and after last night, it almost did the same to you. How did you get me to change back anyway?"

"I guess I broke through to you…"

"How did you know it was me?"

"I didn't. I just tried, and if it wasn't, then that would have been my problem."

Jon slowly got up, and knew it may take some time to get back to the hotel, but he didn't care.

"Angela, we have to leave."

"Why? What about the tournament?"

"I don't care."

As he stood there, the warrior suddenly felt an odd sting penetrate his neck. He pulled out a small dart from his neck, he felt weak, and Angela tried to help him, but he screamed, "RUN!!!" He fell to the ground, and before one of the darts could hit Angela, she ran through the deep forest. Jon's vision became blurry, and he fainted.

Angela was running in fear knowing the assassin was right on her tail in the trees. Hopefully it was just a tranquilizer, and Jon would be okay. Angela ran faster and faster, but after looking back, the assassin stopped her in her tracks.

Her odd pink and black outfit didn't camouflage her well, but the woman was ready to deal with Angela.

"Come. Natas wants you back."

"No! Please, I'll do anything, just don't take me back." The woman removed her facemask.

"Can you fix this?" The woman said while grabbing onto Angela pale neck.

"There's nothing to fix."

The woman then took a small dagger out, and stabbed Angela in the chest, deep enough to knock her out, but not deep enough to kill her. Suddenly a helicopter came from above, and a ladder dropped. The assassin climbed onto the ladder with Angela next to her.

After climbing in, she tied Angela down onto a hospital bed, and could already see that her wound was healing. The man then flew the helicopter to the mansion where the party was held.

When Jon awoke, he noticed Angela was gone. He followed a path of footsteps, but couldn't find her. He fell to his knees and punched the ground with great force.

"I failed her." He said to himself. "I failed her."

Jon slowly walked backed to the hotel in silence. It took him only an hour, but he walked in with his ragged clothing ignoring the other guests. The door to his room was open, and he went in to leave back to Zodiac. The whole time he was silent and cold like a block of ice. He noticed Angela things and started to shed a tear, but held it back. He gathered everything, after getting dressed and left.

Jon boarded the plane back to Zodiac City. He sat staring out the window wishing he knew where Angela was, but there was no hope. He knew he had no chance to find her. Nothing could be done, and that is why he left so quickly.

After the plane had landed, Jon went back to his apartment. He locked the door, and sat on his bed, meditating and thinking what to do next.

I failed her. Now what? Should I look for her, you should I just go on. I loved her though, but there will be many more "fish" right? Wait, why am I thinking like this? I was her guardian. It was my job to protect her. It will be my job to save her as well. I will find her, even if it takes me forever.

As soon as Jon ended his thoughts, he looked outside his window, and noticed it was raining. It was a dark a rainy day. The gray outside matched the grayness in his heart.

It was only 1:00 in the afternoon, but Jon missed Angela too much to almost move. He decided the search would start tomorrow. Suddenly, he picked up a small green flyer. It was the one that talked about the tournament. On the back, it stated "Sponsored by the Natas Corporation." Jon now remembers where he heard that before. The man who kidnapped her sponsored the tournament.

Jon felt so stupid for falling for such an easy trick. Jon also thought that that weird guy at the banquet must have been Natas. If only Jon would have known. Too bad Angela was "powdering her nose" at the time. She would have left right away and would still be with Jon now. Also the red-haired woman knew both their names at the desk. Angela didn't even meet her. They were too excited to notice he guessed.

Jon then walked over to the mirror in his bathroom, and removed his shirt. He saw the tattoo and studied it. He looked at every black curve and every demonic angle. Jon noticed that even though it was evil, it wasn't that bad looking. Many people would have bought that it was just another tattoo.

"Poor Jon." The reflection in the mirror spoke as it appeared as the demon. "You're a failure. You're probably going to be one in everything you do. Just wait till you go to college. That will be a disappointment. I just can't wait until you kill your first professor."

"Shut up you BASTARD!!!" Jon punched the mirror with all his might. He looked down into his bleeding fist, red like the anger he felt inside. It was such a gray day though; this was the only other color he saw. Jon grabbed a shard and studied its sharp edge.

"Should I end it? Should I end all the evil?" Jon held the shard to his wrist. Everything was so gray, so depressing, that Jon thought slitting it would be the only way to escape and see color.

He then looked into the tattoo, and Jon thought of something. "If the mark holds the blood, then can't I release the blood?" Jon took the shard, and forcefully dug it into the mark. It was a painful process, but suddenly a think black blood leaked from his chest. Jon felt even greater pain when it stopped. Now he sat on the floor. His chest, back, hands, arms, legs, and even feet were bloody. He slowly staggered up to the shower. He turned on the faucet, and with his clothes on washed away the sins of the demon from his soul.

The cleansing lasted for an hour. Jon made sure all the blood had left his body. Jon walked out of the shower, soaking wet, and laid on his bed, his body weak from the lost of blood. Jon started to fall asleep when he heard an odd gurgle from the bathroom. He entered to find his inner demon slowing climbing out of the shower.

"I see you figured it out. I can come back in though and I'm going to too."

"I'd like to see you try."

"I know you would." The demon spread his wings, and the two were placed inside a black dimension. Pitch black like the demon's soul.

"Fine, this match will be fair. No flying, no fangs, or claws will be used. Just pure fighting skills."

"Fine."

Jon and the demon ran towards each other at the same speed. Jon unleashed a roundhouse kick, but it was met by the demons. Jon went for an uppercut, but again, the demon performed the same move. Jon knew he had to trick the demon.

The demon now attacked first and let out a fierce blast of black energy from its palms. Jon slid under it, and tripped the demon on his face. Jon the uppercutted the demon as it fell face first into the black ground. The demon landed on its feet, but it had been weakened.

Jon now ran towards the demon, bit instead of attacking, he jumped over the demon. An invisible all though met Jon and he hit face first into it and slowly slid down.

"Ouch!!! Thought you said this was fair."

"It is, I didn't know that wall was there."

The demon kicked Jon in the gut as he lay there. The red monster grabbed Jon by the throat and held him against the wall. A swift kick then flew into the demon's chest, and Jon jumped off the wall giving a highflying elbow to the lying demon. The demon let out a long screech, and kicked Jon away from it. Jon rolled to his feet, and then the two fighters charged up for their final attacks. Jon had a blue aurora surround his body, and the demon's was black. The two both blasted giant beams of pure energy. The two beams collided. Jon tried to breaks through the demon's force, but he was too weak. The demon began to come closer, but suddenly the demon spoke.

"Maybe after I repossess you, I'll help Natas in his plans, and my first deed will be to kill that angel of yours."

"How dare you." Jon put all of his energy into his tiny beam, and suddenly a giant explosion of blue surrounded the two. It blasted them back into the walls. The demon was obliterated by the blast, and Jon's was deeply wounded. The last words of the demon were, "How? How did you beat me…"

Jon woke up to find himself back into his room. He was standing in front of the shattered mirror. He looked down into a large shard, and saw that the mark of still there, but something was different about. It looked empty. Not only from the blood, but the evilness of it.

Jon sat on his bed, and suddenly saw a white angel form in front of him wearing a hood.

"Jon…" It said, "Jon, you have released yourself from the demon inside you. Though you'll always be a demi-demon, you now have been given free will. Use your new power wisely"

The figure disappeared into a cloud of white feather, which then disappeared into white mists.

The freed warrior looked at a clock, noticed it was 7:30 PM, and passed out on his bed. Everything was happening so fast, his mind couldn't comprehend almost. He just decided to sleep it off, and maybe everything will be back to normal tomorrow morning.