Fan Fiction ❯ Do I really know what love is? ❯ Lesson about Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
 
 
This is my first time to post any of my stories here. Well anyway, please enjoy.
 
Chapter 1: Lessons about love
 
“Good morning, Diane!” Clarisse greeted her best friend who is very busy doing their math assignment because she forgot to do it last night.
 
“Good morning, Clarisse. I'm sorry I can't chat with you before our first class starts because I watched too much last night and I forgot to do my assignment. That's incase you haven't noticed.” Diane said.
 
Clarisse just went back to her seat and stared at her noisy classmates while waiting for their first subject teacher to arrive. After about 10 minutes, the door opened (Diane hurriedly returned her math assignment inside her backpack) and their teacher entered.
 
“Good morning class!” Ms. Cruz, their Home Economics teacher enthusiastically greeted her students with curious faces, about what will be their lesson for today. Everybody likes Ms. Cruz's lectures. They discuss about different things that the students can really apply in their daily activities. After they greeted each other, she gestured them to take their seats. When everybody is quiet and it seemed like her students are ready to listen, she joyfully announced,
 
“Our lesson for today is about love at the eyes of 13 years old boys and girls like you.” Because of what they heard, the students gave out a big smile, meaning their excited about their topic.
 
“Let's start our lesson. If it's okay, can I please request those female students who already experienced being in a relationship to please stand up?” Ms. Cruz said, predicting that more than half of the girls at the class will stand up, and she's correct. (Of course Clarisse and Diane are not included)
 
“Kids these days” Ms. Cruz sighed under her breath. “Okay. Thank you very much and please be seated.” She said to the girls, clearing her throat before she start explaining their lesson.
 
“Okay. Why do you think each and every individual living in this planet (Just incase there are other planets out there ^_^) learns how to love?” The teacher asked, hoping that somebody will give a meaningful answer.
 
Nikki, the girl with long brown hair who already has 10 boyfriends at the age of 13 raised her hand to answer their teacher's question.
“I think it's natural. It's nice to be in love and be loved in return. When we know someone loves us, it gives us a kind of feeling that we can move forward in our lives even if we have trials because we know that someone is there to support and care for us.”
 
Ms. Cruz and the class stared at her with amazement. She felt a little awkward and asked, “Is there something wrong with what I have said?”
 
“No dear,” Ms. Cruz replied. “It's really wonderful. I think a lot of people really love you.”
 
Nikki politely smiled because of this.
 
“What she said is true. It really is nice to love and be loved in return.”
 
“Why Ms. Cruz, is there someone who loves you? Like Mr. Santos?” A student teased her that made the whole class said, “Uyyyy!” Ms. Cruz blushed, and she seemed to be affected by that.
 
“Enough of that. Now I will explain what we really are trying figure out in discussing this lesson. Some people fall in love at an early age which leads to early marriage and they haven't really finished their studies yet. Falling in love is not a bad thing, but be sure that it is at the right time,” The whole class seemed to have lent their ears to Ms. Cruz. “So whoever can give me the bottom line of our lesson for today will be rewarded by a perfect score on our next quiz.”
 
Everybody turned their heads; looking around for someone who knew the answer. Clarisse took a deep breath and threw her hand to the air. All the students were curious if she really knows the answer. Ms. Cruz smiled and raised her eyebrows, telling her to continue.
 
“That… t-true… love… can… wait…” Clarisse carefully said, stopping at every word that came out from her shaking lips.
 
“I guess someone will skip our next quiz. Congratulations, Ms. Clarisse. I'm really glad that you understood our lesson. Well, that's all.” Ms. Cruz remarked as she fixed her things and stepped out of the classroom.
 
The whole class still stared at her in awe for a second or two, until their next teacher came in.
 
“You're so great! How did you know that?” Whispered Diane, who is also surprised with Clarisse.
 
Clarisse returned the compliment with a smile. Their next two classes before recess took forever for all of them, that's why they all hurried down to the canteen when the bell rang.
 
“You know Diane; I think I should get a boyfriend.” Clarisse spilled out while taking a bite on her cheeseburger.
 
“Are you nuts?” Diane said with a high voice. “You're the one who told the whole class that true love can wait!”
 
“I didn't really mean that. At least I'm exempted for our next quiz” Clarisse calmly said, making Diane sweat dropped.
 
____________________________End of Chapter_____________________________
 
Please Review! I really hope that you liked it… Please Review! I'll try to make the next chapter more interesting. THANK YOU FOR READING!