Fan Fiction ❯ Do I really know what love is? ❯ Tickle James ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi! It took me quite a while to update my story. I just got busy with other stuff. This is chapter seven and I think it's not that good because it's been already weeks since I've last practiced my writing skills (If I have any!). Please enjoy reading and thank you very much for visiting.
 
 
Chapter 7: Tickle James
 
 
“Hey, come on. Let's grab some lunch at the cafeteria.” Diane said as she replaced her English textbook inside her newly washed bag, while Xander waited for the two of them outside their room.
 
“I'm sorry. Just tell Xander that I can't come and eat lunch with the two of you.” Clarisse said after she finished copying their notes on the board. “There are some important matters that I have to settle.” She added as she slid her English notebook under her desk and made her way towards their new classmate, TJ. What happened next seemed to be so fast. Clarisse was clutching TJ's uniform and was dragging him out of their classroom.
 
Diane looked at Xander, trying to figure out his expression. But he too didn't understand why Clarisse came up to their new classmate and went dragging him to places.
“Do they already know each other?” Diane bewilderedly asked Xander.
 
“We'll never know unless we follow them.” He said, flashing an evil grin on his face. After that, they decided to follow Clarisse and TJ instead of proceeding with their plan to eat lunch at the cafeteria.
 
“C-clarisse… S-stop it… I'm getting hurt in here, okay!” TJ pleaded as Clarisse grasped the back of his uniform.
 
“No. I'll take you to the back of the gym where I can make you answer all of my questions.” Clarisse said sternly, keeping a good grip on TJ's uniform.
 
Other students stared at them while they are on their way. Some are even murmuring something to each other, but Clarisse doesn't even pay a single bit of attention. For her, there's nothing more important right now than knowing the truth behind Tickle's new horrifying surprise.
 
“I think it's safe here.” Clarisse said while catching her breath and finally letting go of TJ.
 
“What's your problem? Dragging me like that.” TJ grunted as he tried to straighten out the part of his uniform that Clarisse had crumpled because of her firm grip.
 
“You're asking me what my problem is?!” Clarisse said, her temper starting to rise. “What's this thing that you just became my classmate huh?!”
 
TJ smirked, making Clarisse felt angrier. What they both don't know is that two of their friends are eavesdropping on their conversation while they're hiding behind the tall bushes.
 
“It's Master Cupid's plan. He set this whole thing up. I just received a note last night that I am assigned to study here in your school to have a better look on your activities.” TJ helplessly answered.
 
“What is he saying? I can't hear him.” Diane whispered to Xander, covering her head with a bunch of dried leaves.
 
“You mean, you're going to study here with me? Just like a real human being?” Clarisse unbelievably asked.
 
TJ hesitantly nodded. He thought that Clarisse will burst out laughing or freak out with rage. But he's wrong.
 
“That's so cool!” Clarisse screamed, hugging TJ tightly, making the two of them fell out of balance and drop flatly on the ground. TJ fell on top of Clarisse, who is still holding TJ in her arms.
 
“Oh my gosh!” Diane softly squeaked as she and Xander stared at Clarisse and TJ. “They look so sweet together.”
 
Clarisse and TJ heard Diane's noise and began to realize that it's time to get up from the ground. Clarisse blushed as TJ offered his hand to help her get back to her feet. There was an awkward silence between them for about two minutes. After a while, TJ spoke.
 
“I'm sorry to knock you down.”
 
“No… It's my fault. I hugged you so tight and-” Clarisse blushed harder as she just realized what she just did.
 
“I'm just glad that you'll study here with me. And I'm just amazed on how your Master Cupid could arrange several things in no time.” Clarisse said in a small voice.
 
Another minute of silence swirled around them, and they just found themselves laughing very hard because of what happened. TJ reached for Clarisse's hand, and decided to continue their talk while heading back to their classroom since lunch break is almost over.
 
“Wait. I almost forgot. Why did you tell the whole class that your name is TJ?” Clarisse asked while she swayed their arms back and forth. Their schoolmates started to whisper to one another as they saw the two of them holding each other's hand. They don't care if people will talk about them. Clarisse just suddenly felt at ease when she's with TJ, or I should say, Tickle. It's just like she's feeling very light and friendly towards him. That's all.
 
“Because that's my real name.” TJ answered, as he maintained a delicate grip on Clarisse's hand. Clarisse raised her eyebrows, meaning that she needs another round of explanation.
 
“TJ stands for,” TJ hesitated for a moment, feeling slightly embarrassed. But Clarisse elbowed him on the ribs and he continued his sentence. “TJ stands for Tickle James.”
 
Clarisse tried her very best to conceal her laughter, but realized that she can't. She once again released a roar of an evil witch's laugh. After a while, she saw TJ looked at her with a dreadful face, and then she apologized for her lack of respect. It's not TJ's fault if that's his name!
 
They went back to their classroom along with their classmates who just got back from the cafeteria after eating lunch. Diane arrived not too long after them, looking very mysterious.
 
“How's lunch with Xander?” Clarisse cheerfully asked as she went back to her seat.
 
Diane smiled stiffly.
 
“You're hiding something from me, are you? You're not pretty good in acting.” Clarisse menacingly said.
 
“No. Why would I hide something from you?” Diane said, trying to act normal.
 
“I think you didn't eat lunch at the cafeteria with Xander. Maybe the two of you had been sneaking up somewhere else. Am I right?”
 
But just as Diane was about to open her mouth to defend her self from Clarisse accusations (which are true), The school bell wildly rang and their Science teacher zoomed into the classroom, announcing that they'll have a surprise quiz, which made the whole class grunted except for Clarisse, who seemed to be on a good mood.
 
Thursday came, Clarisse was still happy as ever. Diane was starting to notice her sudden change of mood, but she's not too sure if she has to talk to her with certain matters that may ruin her joyous spirit. After that Monday, Clarisse and TJ made it a habit that they'll eat lunch together at the back of the gym. Time seemed to have flown so fast. So fast, that Clarisse didn't even notice that she's forgetting something.
 
Diane cornered Clarisse after their Thursday afternoon classes.
 
“Can we walk home together?” Diane asked her, her voice sounding very serious.
 
“Of course. Let's just wait for TJ because-” Diane cut her off.
 
“No. I want to go home with you alone.” Diane said defiantly.
 
“O-okay… Wait for me here. I'll just tell TJ that I'm walking home with you.” Clarisse said, feeling a bit anxious about Diane's actions. “What's gotten in to her?” She thought as she quickly ran to TJ to tell him that he'll go home alone for today.
 
Diane waited for a couple of minutes, until Clarisse finally came back to join her. They slowly walked out of their classroom, and both of them made no sound until they exited their campus' iron gates.
 
“Er…” Clarisse started, not knowing what to ask her best friend. But Diane made it easier for her, as she led the way to the playground and both of them sat on brightly painted swings. Afternoon air tickled their faces, feeling a bit sandy because they're in the playground. For a moment, both of them are hesitant to talk, but Diane finally spoke.
 
“Do you have any idea on what day tomorrow is?”
 
“Friday?” Clarisse said in a questioning tone, clueless on why Diane is asking her such question.
 
“Oh, I guess you don't remember after all.” Diane weakly said, looking down on her feet, and slowly brushed the sand under the swing.
 
Clarisse tried to recall her memory. “Friday… Friday…” She muttered, analyzing every little thing that she has to do. From project deadlines, cleaning chores, schedule of her piano lessons, etc. She moved her head, hoping that this will help her recall what's in store for her tomorrow. And it did.
 
She clasped her hand over her mouth, thoroughly shocked on why she had forgotten. Tomorrow is the day when Clarisse will give her answer to Sam! Diane stared at her, knowing that her best friend already realized what she had been taking for granted. As Clarisse started to calm down for a bit, Diane started speaking again.
 
“Clarisse, I don't know if I should ask you this but…” She stopped for a second and then, “Are you going out with our new classmate?”
 
Clarisse froze with that question. Her mouth fell open as she tried to speak, but nothing came out. She then started to compose herself again, after Diane's question had hit her hard in the face.
 
“What made you jump to that conclusion?” She said softly, trying to keep her voice normal.
 
“I'm sorry. But me and Xander have been tailing the two of you since Monday, each time you go at the back of the gym to eat your lunch.” Diane said without looking at Clarisse.
 
“What? You mean-” Diane cut her off again.
 
“But I swear that I and Xander didn't hear even a single word that the two of you had uttered. We're just watching what the two of you were doing…” She said, feeling very ashamed of their act.
 
Clarisse didn't speak for a while. She just looked at Diane with a confused expression. But Diane didn't expect what she said next.
 
“It's okay. I should've told you what's happening between me and TJ. It goes something like-”
 
“No!” Diane interrupted her once again. “That's not important right now.” She said, still not looking at her. Clarisse continued to stare at her, her eyebrows raised.
 
“Just listen to what I'm going to say.” Diane took a deep breath and started her story. “It happened last Tuesday, you and TJ are happily eating your lunch together at the back of the gym. But accidentally, Sam saw both of you there as he went out of the gym to pick up the ball that they were using at their basketball practice (Clarisse's eyes are now on the verge of tears). After that day, Xander noticed that Sam has been acting a little weird. Well, they're classmates, you see.” Diane stopped, signaling that this is the end of her statement. She looked at Clarisse with deep concern, wishing that she can do something to help her. But she can't.
 
“It's up to you. Be sure to tell Sam what you really feel about him. Think about it. Just keep in your mind that after tomorrow, everything's gonna be just fine. Remember that Sam deserves the truth.” Diane sympathetically said as she patted Clarisse's back, and then finally stepped out of the playground, leaving Clarisse alone, under the huge sky that is now beginning to be taken over by darkness.
 
“I just have to tell Sam my real feelings for him. That's all…” Clarisse thought, as she knew that the truth lies within her heart.
 
 
 
Thank you very much for reading! You just don't know how happy I am to know that somebody is taking his/her time to read my story. Thank you.