Fan Fiction ❯ Dogmatically Intolerable ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love eternity: YAY, I finally thought of a plot for a `Harry Potter' story, I'm so happy.

Roxy: If you say so, at least I'm in it.

Love eternity: Ok well on with the story. ENJOY!


---

CHAPTER 1

---

'Avada Kedavra!' shouted the figure with its wand pointed at Mum.

`MADDIE!' Dad cried and jumped in the way to take the blow.

`NO! DAD!' I shouted, but he was gone. I would never see him again; I felt the tears to start in my eyes.

The figure repeated the unforgivable curse. I had learned about them at school, but my teacher said we would never have to face them. Boy was she wrong. This time he pointed the wand at me, my eyes grew wide as mum pushed me out of the way and died to save me. My ears filled up with the sound of her screams and then she was gone.

`Now you have no-one to protect you,' the dark figure said and once again repeated the curse. I lifted my arms up to cover my face, because of the blinding green light that filed the room and waited for it to all go black… And it did but I heard the cries of pain of a man die off and the cries of my sister Lana, who was behind me in the door way of her room. She had seen it all, which meant I had broken the last promise to my parents: `Make sure Lana doesn't see and protect her'. My arm burned and I looked at it and saw…

Roxy woke up screaming and sweating for the second time that week. After that fateful day she and Lana had moved to England from Australia, so they could live with their older sister Shanae, who was 22. She had a small house in London that she also shared with her Boyfriend, but he was away on some kind of business.

Roxy pulled the right sleeve of her pajama top up to see the scar she had from that night. It was in the shape of a loop sort of thing, which seemed weird how could a spell make a scar that shape, but it did.

"ROXY! Are you okay?" Lana had just run into the room, followed closely by Shanae. They were both dressed, Roxy looked at her clock and saw that it was twelve o'clock.

"Yeah, I just had a dream and woke up to my scar burning, but it's stoped now." Roxy replied as her sisters gave her a hug. They had become a lot closer after their parents died, though Shanae didn't seem all that sad and that really annoyed Roxy at times.

"You gave us a fright there Roxy," Shanae said with relief.

"Sorry," Roxy said quietly.

"Well, we will leave you to get dressed or whatever. If you want any thing to eat just get it or whatever," Shanae said after a brief silence. Shanae and Lana left the room, leaving Roxy staring at the door for a while.

She then got up and walked over to her desk, opened one of the drawers and took out a picture.

It was a photo of seven people; four adults, one child and two babies. The adults looked happy, the women in the middle holding their babies. Roxy recognised one of them was her mother, she was smiling down at her baby girl that was Roxy, and the lady next to her was, none other than, her mother's best friend, Lily Potter. She had died right after this photo was taken; she was looking down at a baby boy in her arms, which was Harry Potter.

Every one knew him, after his parents were murdered Roxy remembered that her mother had said she wanted to take Harry and that way we could grow up together as our mothers had planed. But Dumbledore said he had to have no contact to the Magical World until he was ready.

There was a man on each side; obviously the fathers. And next to the one Roxy knew was her father was a 6-year-old Shanae with her hair up in piggy-tails. James had his arm around Lily's shoulders. They all looked so happy, it was sad to think they would all be victims to murder and leave their children orphans.

Roxy never knew how Harry would have felt and felt sorry for him. She wished she had gotten to know him and had been there, she was sure that knowing someone who was his mother's best friend would have been comforting. But now she knew how he felt, she had suffered a great loss and no-one knew how she felt or cared.

Roxy POV

I sighed and wiped the tears from her eyes, putting the photo back.

I looked around my new room, it wasn't a big room, but big enough for me. It was painted with three white walls and a feature wall that had my desk and trunk against, was a dark Purple. The window had an owl at it… AN OWL!

I rushed over to the window and let the owl in. It was a barn owl. The owl dropped a letter on my bed and then flew away again. I walked over to my bed, picking up the letter. It was sealed with wax with an emblem that had a lion, a snake, a badger and an eagle on it. I broke the seal, and took out the first letter.

It read:

Dear Miss Rogers,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As we are well aware that you are at the age of sixteen, you will be starting as a sixth year and we know you have been studying Magic as well. You will be sorted into a house along with the first years. School term starts on September first, the school train leaves at 11.00 am sharp from Kings Cross station, on platform nine and three-quarters.

Sincerely,

Professor Minerva McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress.

"ROXY!" I heard Lana shout from some where in the house, she came bouncing into my room; I was still staring at the letter.

"Roxy I got into Hogwarts!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah me too, but I'm going in as a sixth year. I didn't know they did that." I replied still shocked.

"Really? That's great!" she replied, giving me a hug. And running out of the room again.

I looked in the envelope and saw another letter it was a list of things I'd need for classes and the robes.

End Roxy POV

The weeks went by and Shanae, Lana and Roxy had been to Diagon Alley. They didn't need to get much just; Lana's wand, Roxy and Lana's Robes and books and Lana a pet Owl, which she named Bark. It had reddy-brown feathers. It was now the morning of September first and they were on their way to Platform nine and three-quarters.

"Okay, there's platform 10 and platform 9, and clearly it's going to be a magical way through to the platform, but where?" Roxy said, just as she did a family came up behind them. There was four children they all looked about Roxy's age. Two of them had bright red hair, freckles, one was a girl and one was a boy, obviously brother and sister. The other boy had messy raven hair that fell over his emerald green eyes, they seemed familiar to Roxy, and they were covered by glasses. The last of them was a girl, she had bushy brown hair and hazel eyes.

"OH MY GOD," Shanae said, "HARRY!"

She ran up to the boy with raven hair and hugged him, the boy looked utterly surprised and a little scared.

"Er… Do I know you?" He asked.

"Yes and no," Shanae replied, finally letting go of him, "My mum was your mum's best friend, until… well you know the rest," she replied.

"Roxy…" Lana said as Roxy started crying again. She put a comforting arm around her sister.

"Oh dear. Come on stop crying dear," said the older woman of the group, she had red hair and warm caring brown eyes. She came up and gave Roxy a hug.

"Roxy, stop crying," Shanae said in a voice that sounded far from caring.

"Shanae, you don't even care they are gone and its bad enough. I know that mum died to save me and now she's gone, she's dead and I'm left with this stupid scar!" Roxy said, exploding. She pulled up her sleeve to reveal the scar she had gotten on the night her parents were murdered.

"I think we should get onto the platform now," The girl with brown hair said, trying to stop the argument, people were beginning to look at them, "By the way my names Hermione, this is Harry, Ron, and Ginny, I'll show you how to get onto the platform" she said after introducing them to Roxy.

They ran through the barrier to the platform and got on the train; they found an empty compartment and sat down the others waved out the window to the two adults that had dropped them of.

Roxy just sat there looking at her hands, tears still in her eyes.

"So, you're new to Hogwarts, huh?" The red head, called Ron, asked.

"Yeah, but I'm going into sixth year. I've been learning magic since I was eleven, just like you." She replied, still not looking up.

"Cool, do you know what house you're in yet?" Hermione asked.

"No, I'm getting sorted with the first years." Roxy said finally looking up. Harry stayed silent staring at Roxy, something about her seemed familiar and she had a scar like his. Why hadn't any thing like that been in the Daily Prophet?

"I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I mean, you don't have to answer if you don't want to but…" Harry began.

"What is it?" Roxy said, she had a small idea of what it was, but she wasn't to fused he should know seeing as she knew about him.

"How did you get that scar?" He asked, a bit uneasy about it still.

"Well… there was a man who came to our house one night and he was wearing a hooded clock, with the hood up. He killed my father first then he turned on me, but my mum took the blow, she died to save me. Then the cloaked guy tried to kill me again but the spell rebounded of my arms I had thrown up to cover my face. And the next thing I knew the guy was gone and my arm was burning and then I fainted," she said. "Then Lana and I had to move here to stay with Shanae… Shanae doesn't care that Mum and Dad are dead." She trailed off.

She felt a hand on hers; she looked up and saw Harry.

"I know how you feel," He said, and he then seemed to be lost in thought.

"Well, I think we should change in to our robes now boys…" Hermione said as she made a get-out-of-the-room movement with her hands and the boys got up and left. The girls got changed in silence then left so the boys could change.

Once they were all changed they went back into the compartment and began to talk about any thing other than death, parents, or family at all. When the compartment door opened to reveal…

Love eternity: He he he, evil cliffy only a couple people will know what's behind the door. And even then I might change it. Don't forget to review so I know it's worth continuing even though I probably will anyway but still. Laters!