Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Fire ❯ Visions and Arrivals ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'd like to give a big thanks to Christian Rogers and Matt Linkus for their tremendous help and support when making this fic.

Chapter 1

Commander Aso sighed and shook his head. "If your visions are accurate, Mike," he said as he looked over some sketches Miki had done of the visions. "Then this couldn't have come at a worst possible time." He set the sketches down and looked at her across his desk. "Is there anything you can pick out about whatever it is?"
Mike shook her head, "No, I've just been able to get brief glimpses of the object, sir. The only other thing I've been able to see is a staff with a large 'Z' on it."
"A 'Z', huh? I wonder... that sounds similar to some of the reports from the USA a few years ago." Aso said.
Miki thought for a moment, "You mean the monster attacks in Angel Grove, sir?"
Aso nodded, "Yes, if I remember right, the reports credited the monsters origin to a 'Lord Zedd'. I think it said he had a staff similar to what you described."
"I see, so it's possible these could be related," Miki said.
"Yes, I'm going to have this looked into. I want you to also report any more visions directly to me, understood?" Aso asked.
Miki nodded, "Yes, sir."
"Dismissed," Aso said. He watched Miki get up and leave the office, then looked back at the sketches. He then picked up the phone and dialed a number. He waited for the other side to pick up before speaking, "Yes, Aoki? Good, I need you to do some research for me..."

A lone figure stood on top of the cliff that was once the home of the Power Chamber. Tommy Oliver sighed as he looked at the wreckage of the once command center of Angel Grove's Power Rangers. It had been a few years since he was last here, saying goodbye to his teammates and friends. The power, the weapons, Alpha, Zordon, it was all gone now.
Well, Tommy was hoping that wasn't entirely true, otherwise this trip would have been for nothing. If there truly were nothing left, then there would be no explanation as to why he'd been having the weird visions and dreams as of late. There would also be no way to find out how to make them stop.
They had started a year or so ago, shortly after he and Cathrine had gone their separate ways. Every time, the dreams seemed to focus around the Dragon Coin, and something that looked like Lord Zedd almost. He could still see them clearly even now as he moved some wreckage to find the emergency escape hatch that would lead down to the Power Chamber. There was also the voice, one he had been hearing since he first became a Ranger, the voice of the Dragonzord. It was calling to him, but he couldn't make out the exact words. He wouldn't be able to either, not unless he could find that blasted Power Coin. Without it, whatever connection he had to the Dragonzord was too weak to make any difference.
Tommy pulled a flashlight from his travel pack, and turned it on before starting to climb down into the darkness of the former Power Chamber. He had hoped that when he left the Rangers, all this would have stopped. That's why he started racing for his Uncle's team, so he could get away from the fighting and destruction. The sudden appearance of the dreams just showed him that no matter what; he was stuck with it. So he quit the job and came here, hoping to find some answers.
He stepped off the ladder and onto the ground, shining his flashlight around the room. It was in horrible shaped. Broken glass, shattered energy conductors, even the remains of the former power suits, all scattered across the floor. Even Zordon's old Chamber Tube was destroyed. Tommy pushed aside some of the wreckage to uncover one of the control panels. To his surprise, one of them was still functioning. He sat his pack down and tried to see what else was still running.
He yelled in frustration after unsuccessfully being able to bring up any of the Power Chambers programs. Tommy paused though as a small window popped up on the panel's view screen. "Power Coin Locator," he said to himself as he read the screen. Out of seven different menu options, only one wasn't marked with a 'Destroyed' label. He assumed the one remaining had to be the Dragon Coin. Quickly he accessed it, bringing up another screen. "....Japan?" he asked no one in particular. "How the heck did it get from Angel Grove to Japan?"
As if to respond, the screen changed to show a map of the world. A small blip appeared over Angel Grove's location. Above the map, it displayed a clock listing the month, day, and year, which was set to almost 200 years earlier. Tommy watched as the clock began to move forward through the years, the blip moving from Angel Grove toward Tokyo around the year 1890. "Oh man, this is just going to make it harder to find...." He suddenly lurched forward clutching his head as he yelled out in pain.
A city on fire, that's what he saw. He couldn't tell what city it was, but he could make out a large silhouette at the heart of the city. It stood upright, and was reptilian in appearance. The flames were mirrored by the creature's metal frame. Tommy had seen this machine before, Lord Zedd's Serpentera. Just as quickly as it came, the vision ended. Tommy shook his head and looked back down at the panel's screen. He had to get to Japan.

In the five years since his parent's demise, Godzilla's appearances had been limited to supposed sightings, and the occasional wrecked ship. This was probably the reason no one was expecting him to suddenly show up in Kobe Port early one morning. Godzilla roared as he stood up in the bay area, people fleeing in terror as he began making his way toward land. Warning sirens blared across the mainland.
Boats exploded underneath the monster's feet, not even registering as pinpricks to Godzilla's senses. The by-pass and express way located next to the port crumbled as Godzilla crashed through them, barely even slowing down. He let out a deafening roar as he continued on his course through the city. By now, the call for G-Force's assistance had gone out, but it was doubtful they'd arrive before the city was destroyed.
Godzilla suddenly stopped, looking up at the sky. The monster let out a grunt of curiosity as he watched a flash of light streak across the sky, heading away from the city. Whatever it was, it turned and began descending in the distance. Godzilla snorted, turned and began making his way toward it.

"Interesting," Omnious said to himself as he observed Godzilla. He piloted Vissor over the city, heading out toward the ocean. He hadn't expected there to be a monster already on Earth. Perhaps this new bit of information could be useful to his plans. He had to test the beast. He activated the Vissor's Mode-Change program. As the serpent-like ship began to land, it's back legs angled down and it's body stood upright. Two Shoulder Guards raised from its side, and the neck and head angled down, given the appearance of a dragon somewhat.
As the last of the transformation completed, a new set of controls slid out of the floor and connected to Omnious' throne. He gripped the control sticks and smirked. "Come on, scale-face, let's you and me tango," Omnious said tauntingly as he watched Godzilla make his way back into the ocean and towards Vissor.