Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Souls ❯ Good Bye Dart? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Before they were all sent on their quests, Lloyd, Dart and Meaghan were the first to leave the castle. They were headed to the prison island Maruba to find the dragon blade. The island was covered with monsters and a dragon had inhabited the weapon chamber. All the previous warriors who tried to get the blade had failed and been killed and corrupted, they now obey the dragon, Lloyd told Meaghan.

 

Dart was waiting to get his sword and his dragon soul back so he could kill Lloyd and take the dragoon spirits and the dragon soul he held.

 

After they got to the weapons room Dart saw his sword and rushed towards it. Once he was there another sword had caught his eye, it had two blades, one on each side, Dart did not know why but he wanted this sword more then his old sword he crafted from the armor his father gave him.

 

Lloyd told the two of them to take whatever they wanted.

 

Dart could not resist the new blade or his old one, so he took both. Then he walked slowly over to the armor supply and completely changed his look, his armor color changed to a dark blue fire from magma red. Meaghan had grabbed a magic staff and a silver cloak. Lloyd broke open the locker in the back room and took his old sword out and swung in front of him, chopping the fighting dummy into pieces.

 

Violator told Lloyd that emperor Doel did not expect for Dart to come back alive. Lloyd knew exactly what Violator was telling him.

 

Lloyd, Dart and Meaghan took a ship by the name of Magnus by force. The ship wasn't the fastest but it made up for its lack of speed with armor and fire power.

 

As Lloyd was keeping watch from up in the tower he noticed Meaghan climbing up towards him. Once she was at the top she decided to get more acquainted with Lloyd. Meaghan asked Lloyd about where he was from, who his family was, where he grew up, Meaghan didn't want to appear desperate so she waited awhile before she asked him if he had a girlfriend. Lloyd laughed, shook his head and stared up at the sky and told her that he had a girlfriend but she left him, she thought Lloyd was too thick headed and ignorant. All Meaghan could do was let out a little giggle and smiled at him. Lloyd didn't know what to think.

 

Lloyd told Dart it would be sunrise before they got to the island and that he should rest because they had a long day ahead of them

 

After Dart went to the upper cabins to grab a meal he noticed Meaghan was there. He didn't want her to know he was there so he hid behind some crates until she left and went back to her room. Dart followed Meaghan back to her cabin, it was a bit confusing for Dart seeing as there was no light and his eyes didn't have enough time to adjust to the light. By the time he got to Meaghan's door his eyes had adjusted. He tried not to make any noise as he slowly opened the door to her cabin, but to his surprise Meaghan wasn't in her bead. Dart turned to his right and jolted backwards to the wall as the door slammed shut so hard that it broke right off the hinges and shattered as it hit the wall.

 

There was Meaghan behind the door with her staff in her hands. She planted her staff into the ground with anger and let out a loud shriek, Dart held his ears and fell to the ground in pain but by the time the sound stopped all he could hear was a loud ringing in his ears. He stood up then "THUNK" Meaghan smacked him in the head with her staff and knocked him out.

 

About 5 minutes later they arrived at the island. Lloyd carried Darts up and threw him onto the island. After an hour passed and Lloyd and Meaghan had breakfast Dart woke up. To his surprise Lloyd was standing in front of him and by the looks of things he was challenging him to a fight. Dart stood up with ease and threw his single bladed sword into the ocean for he thought it would get in his way. He drew his double bladed sword with anger not seeing Meaghan anywhere. Lloyd did the same thing Dart did and threw his sword into the ocean and drew the Dragon Blade and wielded it with ease.

 

Dart was the first one to make a move, he lunged forward hoping to impale Lloyd. Lloyd was expecting it so he flipped over Dart and sliced his armor in two, but to Dart's surprise he was not bleeding. Lloyd quickly turned and took the divine dragon soul and inserted it into the Dragon Blade, it transformed Lloyd and the Dragon Blade into the ultimate dragoon warrior. Drat used his dragon soul and his dragon spirit of fire to transform into to dragoon of destruction.

 

They both lunged forward and crossed swords Lloyd put a big smirk on his face right before the blades crossed. Once the blades crossed and Dart and Lloyd were staring each other in they eyes Dart felt blood run down his face, but he could not understand why he was bleeding even though Lloyd did not cut him. Lloyd kicked Dart backwards into a tree, that's when Dart realized a piece of his sword was missing. It was a piece of the sword that cut Dart's face not Lloyd.

 

Lloyd went in for the finale blow and sliced Dart right a crossed this chest. The dragon spirit and dragon soul both left dart and went to their rightful owners hands but to Lloyd's surprise it wasn't his hands they went to it was Meaghan's hands they settled in.

 

Meaghan was shocked after the dragon spirit and soul were put in her staff because she saw a dragon in the center of the island. The dragon was at least fifty feet tall. It roared loudly and turned towards Lloyd. The dragon attacked Lloyd with a devastating attack for disrupting its sleep.

 

Meaghan had transformed in her dragoon and before she knew it the dragon had been killed by magic. She didn't realize her own power until the dragon fell to the ground. Lloyd used all his energy and pierced a hole in the dragon's chest and quickly dove inside grabbed the dragon souls and spirit and ripped through the dragon's back with ease. He thanked Meaghan and told her to get some rest because she used up a lot of her energy.

 

Once Meaghan was out of sight and on the boat Lloyd took his sword and walked over to Dart. "What the hell do you want Lloyd" said Dart in anger. "I want my world back to the way it was before humans and dragons so Arc-angels like me would rain supreme." Lloyd replied. "Who promised you this Doel? Or was it an Arc-angel elder? Either way I guarantee you won't succeed as long as there is good out there." "I beg to differ Dart. If you haven't noticed you are about to die and that will be the end of all that is good." Lloyd stated.

 

"Thwack" Lloyd's blade was through Dart's chest again and this time it was for good. Lloyd took Dart's sword from his hand and impaled him with that sword and pulled his sword out of Dart's chest. Dart was to be left there until he couldn't breathe of move a muscle then his body would be thrown out into the ocean and that's exactly what happened.