Fan Fiction ❯ Dream Tickets ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Look! It's another chapter! Oh my gosh! Why don't you read it? Come on, go ahead, read it! It's good for you! Just like tobacco! Sorry, excuse my craziness. Anyway, read the chapter. Just imagine, an idiot, and a hosta-excuse me, involuntary guest-teach an alternative rock band about Japanese comics. Go ahead, think. What, you can't do it? Then read this chapter!

CHAPTER 3

The tour bus is quiet. Everyone is trying to imagine what to do next.

"Soooo….ever read manga before?" Jomei asked.

The people around her, besides Nami, looked perplexed.

"You don't read mangos, you eat them!" Ben said patiently. "And I thought the girl was the….erm…not very smart one, not you!"

"Hey!" Nami shouted. "Wait, you were insulting me, weren't you?"

"Wait, you seriously don't know what manga is?" Jomei was surprised. "They're Japanese comics!"

"Yeah!" Nami was enthusiastic. "We brought Shonen Jump, and Rave Master, and Inu-Yasha, and Tokyo Mew Mew, and Fruits Basket!"

"Why only five?" Jomei asked. "You were in charge of packing the mangas, you knew there would be six of us, and you only brought five?"

Nami held up a hand. "I can only count to five with my hand."

"But you have two hands."

"Yeah, but I need the other hand to put the mangas in the bag."

"But you have….um, never mind."

"Anyway, what are these things?" Rocky was looking through the bag. "How come they're backwards?"

Amy seemed confused, but then seemed to find the answer to whatever she was thinking about. "Well, they're Japanese, aren't they? And Japanese people read right to left!"

Nami nodded. "'zactly."

"Even though they're translated, they were kept in the left-to-right format, to preserve the….well, I don't know why, they just were," Jomei added to Nami's vague response.

"Can we take one yet?" John asked.

"Jomei and Nami nodded at the same time. "Of course." They said together.

Amy took Tokyo Mew Mew, John took Rave Master, Rocky took Shonen Jump, Ben took Inu-Yasha, and Nami and Jomei began fighting over Fruits Basket.

An hour later, everyone has read the mangas they had taken. They were all relaxed, except Ben. He was twitching.

"So? What do you think?" Nami asked. "Awesome, huh?"

"Definitely," Amy said. "Hey, what's with Ben?"

Ben is sitting there, looking a bit weirded out. He twitches a few times, then speaks. "Need" (twitch)"More…"(twitch)

"It's great!" says John. "Um, Ben? You okay?"

"Yeah…It's great…." Rocky seemed a bit nervous, while slowly inching away from Ben. Ben continues twitching, while everyone stares at him.

There it is! The second chapter! The not-very-long-awaited secret comes in the next chapter. Here's a hint: Ben is being a bit…strange. Now, what manga did he read? Now, let's think about what the character that manga is named for is. Do you know? Maybe you do, maybe you don't. If you think you do, and the third chapter hasn't come already, and e-mail me with your guess, and maybe a rating, too. You'll get a cookie! Honest! Okay, fine, you won't, but just e-mail me!