Fan Fiction ❯ Endless Rain ❯ Locked In ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimers: Kingdom Hearts is © Square Enix.

Endless Rain:

Chapter 2

A huge lump fell upon my throat. I attempted to speak, but no words would come out. Sora was in a life-or-death situation, and I couldn't even open a stupid door!

'ARGH! I'm just having GREAT luck today, aren't I?'

'Seems to me like you're having bad luck.'

'AHH! IT'S YOU AGAIN! And…it's sarcasm. stupid!'

' "It's sarcasm, stupid!" You do realize you're calling yourself stupid?'

'Wh-what?! You freak! Stop talking to me! Are you trying to turn me into Smeegle or something?'

'…kill the hobbits..steal the precious..or keyblade, whatever.. It's OURS..and OURS alone!'

'….That wasn't funny. Just leave already!'

I sighed, starting to get sick of the conversations with my alter-ego/conscious/whoever the hell they were. Giving the huge doors one last kick, I hung my head down in defeat and started heading back to the vacant house. The rain was getting worse by the second, and I was wearing a sleeveless shirt and shorts. Squeezing the water out of my hair, I twisted the doorknob to the dimly-lit house.

"…yuffie?.." a hoarse voice weakly called.

"Hm?" I replied in response, turning around. I blinked in confusion, then realized that Sora must have awakened.

"..where are we?"

"You don't remember? Oh, well, duh…stupid question! I found you in the third district, you were pretty beat up, so I saved you!" I proudly exclaimed, slightly over exaggerating.

"Y-you saved me?!" he questioned, eyes widening. With that remark, a fuse went off in my brain.

"What's so strange about that?!" I growled, clenching my fist.

"Oh, um, it's nothing…it was just kind of out of…different…from your usual personality for you to do something like that," the younger boy softly said, not realizing that he had insulted me. He attempted to move, then cringed in pain. I refused to make eye contact with him, nor show him any sympathy. Did he seriously think that only HE could play the hero around here?!

The keyblade master winced yet again, placing his left hand over the wound on his left shoulder, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Don't feel guilty..don't feel guilty…" I thought to myself, "Aw, damn.."

"Hey, you shouldn't be moving…" I started, but not wanting to sound like a softy, I added an insult, "It's really stupid to try to get up with injuries like that,"

Sora didn't respond, but lied his head back against the pillow. An awkward silence followed for a few minutes. Not knowing whether I should let him sleep or continue the conversation, I attempted to say something,

"Y'know…we're going to be stuck here for a while…the doors to the first district are locked…and it's storming, no idea when it will stop,"

No response. I walked over to him, checking to see if he had fallen asleep.

"Yo, Sora, you alive?" I rhetorically questioned, poking him in the forehead. He responded with a simple answer, "hn". Such originality.

"…I'll take that as a yes,"

He rolled over onto his side, hugging a nearby pillow. A slight smile crept upon my face; the rain sagged down his hair, causing it to droop down to his shoulders. Strangely enough, he sort of resembled a young version of Squall…

I shook my head furiously. I promised myself I wouldn't think about him! I mean, since when did I, of all people, start acting all sensitive and moody?! Sighing, I turned on a nearby radio.

"When I cried, you wiped away all of my tears, and when I-"

"ARGH!"

Frustrated, I changed to a different station.

"Looks like the storm of the year out there, winds up to 10 miles per hour! I'd stay indoors if I were you! According to the charts, this terrible weather should last for at least the next 24 hours! When will this endless rain end?! Next, John Foreman with the traffic re-"

I twisted the radio's knob, turning the it off. Hanging my head back, I stared outside the window into the gray, lifeless skies.

"Endless rain…." I repeated, with a long sigh.

Ending Notes: Sorry for not updating..a lot has been going on with school and such…I should be able to update A LOT quicker during the summer! (4 school days left!) Most of this chapter was written at 2:00 AM…after watching a major amount of Neon Genesis Evangelion (just saw the ending, it's a good series), drinking 3 cans of mountain dew, and eating half a bag of potato chips. So forgive me if it majorly sucks.

Again, thanks for all of the reviews! They make me very t3h h4ppy.

Also: About the angst or humor thing…I'll have the early chapters be humor, and later on make it a little more angsty-ish. That sound good?