Fan Fiction ❯ Endless Rain ❯ Unpleasent Meetings ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimers: Kingdom Hearts is © Square Enix.

Endless Rain:

Chapter 1

A blood-curdling scream emerged from my throat, as the scene met my eyes. There was Sora, drowning in a pool of garnet blood.... his blood. The crimson liquid was dripping out of numerous wounds, and his clothes were ripped and shredded. The brunette was shivering violently, and the rain pouring down from the sky wasn't helping the situation.

"S-sora?!" I stuttered, grabbing hold of a nearby ledge to keep myself from falling back. Breathing heavily, horrid thoughts raced through my mind.

'Is he okay?! Oh, yes, Yuffie, he's just FINE! That would explain why he's covered in blood,'

Taking a deep breath, I edged closer to him, checking for a pulse.

'Oh god…don't let him be dead! If he lives, I swear I'll never dye Leon's hair pink again…'

I felt a slow, light thumping sound. Sighing in relief, I pondered on what to do next. I could go get Squ-er, Leon, and head back here...but that would mean leaving Sora alone.

A light bulb appeared over my head. The vacant house...I could carry him over there, then fetch Aerith to do a curing spell on him! Grinning over my brilliant plan, I reached down to pick Sora up.

"UGH!" I screamed in pain, "Sora! You really need to get some smaller shoes...or stop eating so much!"

He was heavy, but it was nothing the world's greatest female ninja couldn't handle. Stumbling, I slowly made my way up the stairs. When we reached the empty house, I pressed my back against the door, opening it. The room was pitch black, causing a slight feeling of fear to sweep over me. Spotting a light switch, I used my foot to flip it on (since my arms weren't available).

FLICKER!

Light blanketed the room, causing my eyes to slightly twitch. Setting Sora down on a nearby bed, I placed a blanket over him. He was still shivering. Frowning, I wondered what do. I wasn't a medical expert, but I was smart enough to know that damp clothing would only make his condition worse.

I removed his soaked jacket off of him, and hung it on a nearby chair, blushing madly.

'Why am I blushing?! I only took off his jacket, big deal! It's not like I'm some pervert! He's only a kid!'

'You are too, or have you forgotten?' another voice in my head thought. I started to spazz out.

'Oh no! The voices! Again! I'M GOING INSANE, AHH!'

'::sigh:: I'm you. Your conscious, to be exact…'

'Oh...I just said he was a kid, what's the matter with that?'

'Nothing. Although, you seem to think there is a problem with acting one's age…'

'Wh-what?! No I do not! This is about what happened with Leon, right?!'

'His name is Squall. And maybe it is..'

…FLASH BACK…

"Hey Squally!" I chimed optimistically, skipping towards him. He glared at me, I already knew what he was going to say.

"…It's Leon,"

"Whatever!" I groaned, rolling my eyes. He paused a minute to see if I was going to say anything else. After a few minutes of an awkward silence, he turned away, probably annoyed that I had wasted a precious seconds of his time.

"So..um, I was wondering, are ya going to the Traverse Town Spring Festival…?" I questioned nervously, butterflies forming in my stomach. He raised an eyebrow, then coldly replied,

"Festivals are for children. I have better things to do,"

"C'mon! It'd be fun!" I begged.

"…no,"

Ouch. Rejection. But that wouldn't stop me!

"Pleaaase?" I asked loudly, jumping around. He took a deep breath, then let it out slowly. That wasn't a good sign.

"I already told you my answer,"

"…Well, you're no fun anyways! I'll just go without you! Ya big party pooper.." I taunted, covering up my sadness with an insult.

"And besides, you're probably going to stay home with Aeerrriitthh!" I continued. He'd get so angry, that he'd agree to go just to get me to go away. Grinning, I waited for his response.

"Yuffie…grow up. Act your age, you're just embarrassing yourself,"

He caught me off guard. Tears welding up in my eyes, I walked off speechless.

…END OF FLASHBACK…

I twisted the doorknob, exiting the building and heading towards the doorway to First District. Who cares about Squall?! I didn't want to go to the stupid thing anyways..

'Yes you did.'

"SHUT..UP!" I roared, my voice echoing..

Shut up…

Shut up…

When I reached the door, I angrily tried to push it open. It didn't budge. Annoyed, I tried again.

and again..

and again..

and again..

I gasped, eyes widening.

The door was locked…

Ending Notes: GAH! Another short chapter! o_o; Sorry. This chapter seemed sort of YxL-ish, but don't worry, it'll change soon…::insert evil laughter here::

O_O I didn't expect to get so many reviews! Thank you so much ^_^ ::cries in happiness::

Oh, and I need to know one thing…should I continue this as a Humor/Romance fic, or an Angsty-ish/Romance fic? I can't decide..

(and thanks to Agent Dark Moose for helping me in the first paragraph! Check out some of her fics, she's a great author!)