Fan Fiction ❯ Enduring Love ❯ Yet, Love Can Always Truimph ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Raven's little body control trick in this chapter is from the depths of my imagination. I do not know if she can do such a thing and I kinda doubt it. Just letting you folks know, as not to cause confusion. Enjoy the ending of this story and please review. ^_^

Enduring Love

[Chap. 3 - Yet, Love Can Always Truimph]

"So you think Blackfire is behind all this? How can you be so sure? No one's seen her since that day she attacked Star," Robin said as he placed the note down.

"Got any other suggestions on who else it might be then, great leader? ," Raven asked, sarcastically.

Robin frowned at the empath. It had been a few days since the near fatal incident between Raven and Starfire. Earlier in the day, Raven had found another note attached to her bedroom door. The new note read: 'You'll die first, then your girlfriend will after she's watched you die.' Upon showing Starfire, a meeting was called with the rest of the Titans.

"What I don't get is, why, if this person is so intent on killing you girls, hasn't he done something already? ," Cyborg asked.

"Maybe he's afraid that I'll find him and turn him into a chew toy," Beast Boy replied with a laugh.

"Oh yeah, I can see how he'd be afraid of someone who can transform into an animal that licks his own nuts for fun." Cyborg rolled his eyes before feigning a terrified look then bursting into a bout of laughter.

"Shut it, Cy! I rather be a dog then a walking trash can!"

"Guys! Quit it! We have a serious situation here! ," Robin broke in.

"Sorry," Cy and Beast Boy replied in unison, each glancing down at the table.

Raven stood up and slammed her hands on the table. "I told you this was a bad idea, Kory," She said, glancing over at her girlfriend. With that she turned away from the others and disappeared up the staircase that led to her room. Starfire moved to go after her but Robin stopped her.

"Is it true then? ," He asked her.

"What is true, Robin?"

"You and Raven are dating?"

Somewhat embarrassed, Starfire looked down at the floor. "Yes, it is true. I am sorry for not saying something sooner."

"Star, it's okay. As long as you're happy and she's treating you right, then I'm happy for you." Robin smiled and gave her a small hug.
* *

Upstairs, Raven had just slumped onto her bed when she heard a knock at her door. Groaning, she got back up and walked over to the door.

"Raven, are you okay in there? I wish to speak to you," Starfire's voice floated through the door.

Opening her door, Raven motioned her in and locked it behind her. Last thing she needed was for one of the guys barging in on them or the mystery stalker to decide to strike now. Closing her eyes, Raven focused her attention away from the mounting headache that she was starting to develop. She figured it had something to do with the stress of someone stalking her and Starfire.

Opening her eyes, Raven was surprised to find her girlfriend's face inches from hers. "What are you up to, Star? ," She asked, uncertain why she was getting a weird vibe from the red head. Smiling, Starfire bridged the gap between them and kissed her. The kiss was cold and somehow unfamiliar. Raven pushed the red head away and looked at her quizzically.

"Who are you? ," The empath asked, backing away.

"I am Starfire, your girlfriend. Are you feeling well, my love? ," Starfire asked, placing a hand on Raven's forehead.

Jerking away from the touch, Raven growled. Never in the short amount of time that the two had been dating, had Starfire called her 'my love'. The empath had clearly stated never to call her any mushy names, that included 'my love'. Though she had been slightly disappointed, she had agreed. Whoever this person was, it was not Starfire.

"Who are you? You're not, Kory."

"Dear, whatever are you speaking of?" Again, she made to move toward Raven but the empath moved away again.

"Stop playing games with me! Kory never calls me by any pet names! So again I ask, who are you?"

The red head stopped and stared at Raven for a moment before an odd smile broke across her lips. She started laughing and leaped at Raven, pinning the girl by her arms against a wall. Struggling against the immense strength, the purple-haired girl began to panic.

"So you found me out, but I'm still going to win. Regardless of your attempts, I have you now and I will keep my promise. Did you enjoy my computer work on that picture?"

Raven's eyes widen in shock.

"Blackfire!?"

"I hope you don't mind the kiss, I just wanted to see what my sister finds so delectable about you," Blackfire teased.

"You're a shitty kisser, that's how I also knew it wasn't Starfire," Raven retorted with a smirk.

Blackfire kneed Raven sharply in the stomach, forcing the smaller girl to hang limply in Blackfire's hold from the pain. A knock came at the door then. Turning quickly towards it, Blackfire smiled broadly.

"So it seems the last person has joined our little party. How shall we let her in?"

Releasing Raven's left arm, Blackfire lifted her hand to the coughing empath's chest and released a blast of energy. It knocked Raven back threw the wall and into the opposite wall. The red head leaped back in surprise as her girlfriend flew past her. Rushing to her Raven's side, she was shocked to see Blackfire step through the hole in the wall as she pulled off the red wig she wore.

"Move out of the way, Star. I get to kill her first then you," The black-haired girl laughed.

"No! You shall not harm Raven anymore."

Worriedly looking down at Raven's half-conscious body, she stood up and frowned at her sister. She wasted no time in blasting Blackfire with her green energy blasts. The returned fire barely touched her as she swerved in and out of them angerily. When she was close enough to Blackfire, she pushed her back through the hole so they were in Raven's room and the empath was temporarily out of danger.

Blackfire was able to retailate when her sister turned around to make sure Raven was all right. She let loose the electrical attack that she had used on Raven the last time and watched her sister writhe in pain from the feeling of 15,000 volts flowing through her. Sizzling when Blackfire had stopped, Star's eyes flickered a sudden tinge of red. Surprised, Blackfire watched as her sister's eyes rolled back in her head and she let loose a scream that burst anything that was glass. Her skin grew pale and when her eyes rolled back in place, they glowed a bright blood red.

"What the hell is going on? ," Blackfire asked, starting to feel scared.

"Why so scared all of a sudden?" The voice was raspy and cold as ice. "I thought you were on top the situation?"

"Who are you? Koriand'r can't transform like that."

"Think of it as - I'm borrowing her body. I do not only have my powers but your sister's strength and powers." Smiling, she cocked her head to the side. "Still don't know who I am? Remember when I said I can assure yourself a place in hell if you tried to hurt Kory again?"

Blackfire gasped in disbelief.

"Raven? No. . . But, how. . . ?

"A new little trick I've picked up. Don't you like it?"

Before the dark-haired girl could reply, Raven, in Starfire's body, released a jade energy blast that hit Blackfire with enough power to kill a whole town. Badly wounded but unwilling to give up, Blackfire released several electrical attacks in a row. Each seemed to barely touch the transformed Raven. Frustrated, Blackfire gave it all she had but nothing seemed to faze the other girl[s?].

Finally tired of the mosquito bites that she kept feeling from the attacks, Raven raised her arm and began chanting. It wasn't her normal chant, instead this one went, 'Arthos... Koriand'r... Thaitano!' Blackfire could feel her organs being squeezed and a sharp pain in her head. Screaming from the pain, Blackfire fell to her knees in agony.

"What's happening to me? ," She yelled, pure terror in her voice.

"Aw, don't like a little pain? ," Raven teased. "That's nothing compared to the hell you're about to go to!"

Again, Raven raised her hand and this time a dark orb floated toward Blackfire. Terrified and unable to move, the older girl remained pinned to the spot. Just as the orb neared her, it stopped and the pain began to ease. Looking at Raven, Blackfire could see her sister beginning to re-emerge. Her eyes flickered back and forth between green and red. Finally they stayed green and her skin slowly reverted to it's tan color. Dropping to her knees, the orb in front of Blackfire disappeared.

"Leave, sister. Go quickly and never return," Starfire was saying gently.

"Koriand'r, what just happened?" Blackfire was still a bit dazed to move.

"Raven wants to kill you but I could not let her stain her hands that way. Especially not with the blood of my own sister."

"Even after everything I tried to do, you're trying to protect me? ," Blackfire suddenly shouted.

"Of course, dear sister. I told you once I did not wish to fight you. You provoked me into doing so by attacking me and putting the one I love in danger, that is the reason I fought you. It is the only reason I will ever fight you. But Raven is different, by attacking me, you put yourself in danger. So go now while she is still unconcious. Leave your resentment against me here and do not return."

Starfire was smiling at her sister by that point. Unable to believe that this was happening, Blackfire knew when she was beat. Carefully, she stood up, her body throbbing from the first attack Raven performed on her. Like a true fighter, she flew out the window with her head held high, despite her hugely crushed ego. When she was gone, Starfire turned to the hole in the wall. Outside, she could see Raven watching what was happening with great interest.

"I'm sorry for doing that but I didn't know what else to do," Raven apologized as she made her way into the wreck that was once her room.

"I understand, Raven. Although I wish you had warned me that you can do such a thing with my body," Starefire said as she examined the spot where her sister had been. "It was not painful but it did scare me."

The empath looked out the window in silence. "Sorry," She mumbled finally. "I wonder where the guys were all this time? We could've used their help some," Raven said with a bitter tone.

"The boys said they were going out to the arcade. I was trying to convince them to stay but they would not listen. Mainly Cyborg and Beast Boy, then Robin left with them to keep them out of trouble."

"So even with the threat of someone wanting to kill us, they still went out?"

Starfire nodded. Raven growled and made a mental note to take care of them when they got back.

"This wreakage may take awhile to repair and already it is late. I suggest you spend the night in my room," Starfire said with a rather large smile.

Quirking an eyebrow at her girlfriend, Raven asked, "What's with the huge smile?"

"Oh, nothing really. I am just curious to find out what else you can do to my body," Starfire said without a hint of shame and a small wink.

Gulping, Raven gave her a funny look.

"Eh... You sure you're ready to go that far, Star?" Raven's face was flushed red.

"After what happened today, I think I am ready for anything." She wrapped a arm around her girlfriend's waist and pulled her close. "Do you not agree?"

Her breath tickled Raven's skin slightly and she nodded dumbly. Smiling still, the red head eagerly kissed Raven. Sinking into the kiss, Raven was happy that Starfire loved her so much. A small voice in her head told her that she was also happy that Star was a way better kisser than Blackfire. "Mmm Hmm," Raven agreed into the kiss.

End


Final Notes: The reason behind me writing this fic was originally to show Starfire falling in love with Raven. Granted, there are a few fics of the pairing, I haven't really read one where Star makes the first move. Well, I think I did find one but it was no where near complete. Plus, just because Raven is goth [or kind of, depending on who you ask] doesn't automatically mean she's a lesbian. Anyway, once I wrote the first chapter, I knew it was too short. So I decided to try and test the depth of their love. ::shrugs:: Hope you enjoyed it either way.