Fan Fiction ❯ Essence of Love ❯ Beginning (Nymph/Pyrgus) ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

So, I (finally, with no thanks to Holly, who will never read this and never know the great lengths I had to go through to get this book, and by great lengths I mean I spotted it on the library shelf, realized I hadn't read it yet, and started to) finished The Purple Emperor. Halfway through the book, I started thinking up one shots, and (surprisingly, because I rarely see a good enough brother/sister pairing that I could write for) actually found one pairing unmentioned, that being Pyrgus/Blue. Still, I strongly supported Pyrgus/Nymph and Blue/Henry. So, I sat down in my classes today and began writing. I got the first two done, the third started, and I will surely add some other pairings along with it.
That was a long introduction, probably longer than the story.
 
Essence of Love
Beginning (Nymph/Pyrgus)
 
Pyrgus was lying on his back.
 
It was a strange experience, as just moments before he'd been standing upright, walking through a door. The room he'd assumed to be empty, and because of his tiresome day of giving the crown to his sister, he had desperately hoped for a quiet place to sit down. Then he'd seen something from the corner of his eye, and the next thing he knew, he was lying on the floor, someone on top of him. An assassin, he considered, waiting for his dizziness to wear away, though it would be pointless to kill him now.
 
His vision stopped spinning, and he noticed Nymph sitting on his chest.
 
“Hello,” she said, smiling.
 
Henry had mentioned something of seeing her. She was wearing some furry ordeal he decided to pet, still slightly unfocused.
 
Nymph took his hand and helped him stand, smiling widely. “Not completely there, are we? Your sister looks well beneath the crown.”
 
His wits were coming back round. His fingers brushed hers a moment longer before falling back to his side, and he grinned. “I was hoping to see you.”
 
Mr. Fogarty would call him a love sick fool. He considered the possibility that he was.
 
A hint of a blush lightened her cheeks, and she shrugged softly. “I was hoping to see the Crowned Prince's coronation. I was in for a surprise.” She paused a moment, her eyes flitting to him in a sly look. “Am I still to call you Crowned Prince?”
 
“I much prefer Pyrgus,” he said. “Suits me better.”
 
“Pyrgus,” she repeated. It was the first time she'd said his name, and quite suddenly, he felt chills, like he'd just jumped into cold water. He liked very much the way her lips formed as she said his name, and he hoped she would say it again.
 
“What is your plan now that you are not Emperor Elect?” she asked, leaning closer.
 
Pyrgus stared at Nymph a very long time before closing his lips over hers. Her eyes went wide until she answered back heartily, pressing closer to him. Once the air was exhausted, she broke away, laughing.
 
“That's a good start.”
 
Notes:
Part one. I have a trash can and a black kid on my face. My teacher gave me ethnically diverse children stickers in my last period, and all the white kids were retards. I swear. I looked for a wangster, but there were none.
((And my friend stole my last ginger. Dammit!))
I want to see some motherfucking snakes on a motherfucking plane!
((We have a theory the actual title of the movie is Snakes on a Motherfucking Plane. It goes with our chicken slave labor theory.))
((We were hyper at lunch today.))
So, I'm off to write the next few.