Fan Fiction ❯ Essence of Love ❯ Dress (Henry/Blue) ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Second part. My cat keeps sitting on the keyboard. This is going to be hard.
 
Essence of Love
Dress (Henry/Blue)
 
Blue was trying on a gown when Henry found her. The dress was absolutely beautiful, looking as if it had been strung with a thousand different sapphires and pressed down into a sheet of sparkling blue. She looked absolutely sour in it.
 
“It's hideous,” she said to Henry's reflection. “And I can't stand.” She kicked up the skirt and stamped behind the changing screen, throwing off the dress. Henry blushed, turning around despite the fact he could see nothing.
 
“Why do you need a dress?” he asked.
 
“The entire wardrobe for Purple Emperor is cut for males,” she called. “I'm forced to dress up in them until they get it right.” She reappeared wearing britches and a loose fitting shirt. Henry faced her, cheeks still pink. She smiled, her eyes trailing down his arm to his multicolored hand.
 
“I've got ten more to go,” she said, wrinkling her nose. “When are you going home?”
 
“Tomorrow, I think.” She held up his hand, turning the skin. “I've got school soon.”
 
“How soon can you come back?”
 
He blinked, watching his hand change colors. “I don't know. I can probably get away for a weekend or breaks.” He smiled sheepishly. “I might need a new portal control.”
 
That's right. Mr. Fogarty was staying in the Faerie Realm. He'd have to find his own way back.
 
“You'll have to come back soon. Since Pyrgus dumped his on me—I hadn't realized there was so much work beyond the coronation!—I might need your help.”
 
Henry grinned. “I'll have to be quick then. Maybe I can have a visit where nobody dies. I think—“
 
He stopped, mostly because he had no means to talk. This was mostly due to the fact that Blue had placed her lips over his.
 
He might no leave tomorrow.