Fan Fiction ❯ Even in Death ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



This songfic has nothing to do with an anime, or anything. It is a totally made-up story that I wrote based on the song. Enjoy! ^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A girl sat, dressed completely in black, sobbing at a gravestone. She looked up. "In memory of Joshua Canter. Beloved son." It should say beloved boyfriend, too, She thought sadly. She got up and looked at her surroundings. For a moment, she could have sworn that she saw Joshua's tall silhouette.

Give me a reason to believe that you're gone
I see your shadow so I know they're all wrong

That night, she sat at her computer, hours after her late beau's funeral. Suddenly, she typed to her friends, "I have to go," and signed off. She left her house, and told her parents she was going for a walk, and left the house, headed for the graveyard.

Moonlight on the soft brown earth
It leads me to where you lay
They took you away from me but now I'm taking you home


She lay there on a blanket that night, sleeping six feet above her beloved. She would never let him go. No one understood, and they never would.
I will stay forever here with you
My love

She remembered him whispering in her ear, soft words of love, before falling prisoner to sleep. She had heard them only minutes before the two left the park together, and they got into the car crash. Joshua had died to save her. Many thought teenage love was meaningless, but they were all wrong. "Joshua," she whispered, "Where ever you are…I miss you so much…." She trailed off, tears flowing down her cheeks quietly.

The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on

The next day, the young woman returned home to her traumatized parents. They told her that they had scheduled an appointment with a psychologist, and forced her into the car. During the meeting, she just nodded and spoke few words, but everything that came out of her mouth was lies.
Some say I'm crazy for my love, Oh my love
But no bonds can hold me from your side, Oh my love

When she finally got home, the seventeen year old took the CD that Joshua's band had produced, and listened to the song. The one Joshua had written for her.

They don't know you can't leave me
They don't hear you singing to me

That night, she slept with the picture Joshua had given to her, the one that she had taken with his Polaroid camera while joking around when the two were sixteen. She had thrown it in the trash, abandoning it, but later Joshua had taken it out, signed it, and given it to her. She read the back. "To Hannah Wilson, the love of my Life," she cried herself to sleep that night, realizing how true those words had been, then remembered their last date.

I will stay forever here with you
My love

The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on

The next morning, she was awake early. Hannah dug around in her dad's gun safe, found a revolver, and headed to the cemetery. She was happy-even in it was a twisted joy-for the first time in a week or so.

And I can't love you, anymore than I do

Reaching Joshua's grave, she held the gun to her chest, and pulled the trigger. The girl collapsed, hitting her head against the hard stone gravestone, and cracking her skull.

Her last thoughts were of how she'd never have to miss Joshua again.
I will die, but real love is forever.

Did you like it? I hope you did! If you want, I can take requests for songfics. I wanna try a funny song, but I'm not sure what to do. Maybe something by the Offspring…anyway, I'm not taking it if it's rap or pop. They suck. So, if it's a rock song, give me the lyrics, band, and name of the song, and I'll see if I can come up with something. I've found that I like writing songfics….bye bye for now!