Fan Fiction ❯ Even the Darkest Corners Hold Light ❯ Flight Landing ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Please fasten your seatbelts, as we prepare for landing," spoke a cool female voice throughout the aeroplane. It could of been the voice that woke Yumi up, or maybe it was the sudden shift in angle of the plane, or perhaps just a dream(or was it a nightmare?); But Yumi stirred in her seat, and quickly buckled the leather strap across her waist.

"Ugh. This is going to really suck," Miura Yumi muttered. She pulled her backpack out from under her seat, and pulled out a small black leather-bound book. She flipped open to 'round the middle, where a photo was pasted - There was, of course, Yumi, the shortest of the three girls, but the most obvious one, with hot pink hair(it was royal blue, now), and bright but clashing clothing. To her right stood Saeri-chan, the tallest of the three, who had simple, short blonde hair, blue eyes, and braces. And to Yumi's left was Maru-chan, the middle hieght, with tanned skin, blonde hair, almond eyes, and simple earthy-coloured clothing. The three of them were best friends, and had been since the second grade...But that was long ago, when she lived on the Western coast of the country.

With a small thud, the plane landed on the runway, located in Eastern Country. As they slowed to a halt, Yumi quickly bolted out of her chair, slinging her pack over a shoulder, and sprinting to be first off the flight. Sure, she may be gone from home, probably forever, but she was still anxious to see her mother, Miharu.

Yumi regretted the feeling, as soon as she walked out into the lobby of the airport, and as she felt her heart fall to her stomach - Miharu had come with her husband-to-be, Kazuma, and his son, Taiki. Yumi despised Taiki, and she didn't really like Kazuma.

"Yumi!" Miharu cried, dashing over to her daughter. "I've missed you sooo much!" Yumi rolled her eyes.

"Mum, I've only been gone for two stinkin' days," she sighed, but hugged her mother none-the-less. "I missed you, too," she murmured. "But did you HAVE to bring Kazuma and Taiki?"

Miharu pulled back, shocked. "Yumi..? Have some respect! They LOVE you...Well, Kazuma does, at any rate," she added, casting a glance at Taiki. "Taiki at least ACCEPTS you as his sister, now. Believe me, though, it took a lot."

Yumi groaned. "Whatever, mum," she muttered. "Let's just go."

Miharu smiled. "Oh, Yumi, you'll just LOVE the house! You get your own room, and it even overlooks the bay!" Yumi rolled her eyes again.

"Mum, I had my own room back over West," she murmured.

"What's that?"

"Oh, nothing," Yumi muttered. She followed her mother over to Kazuma and Taiki. "Hey," she muttered, staring at the floor.

"Hello, Yumi!" Kazuma said, a little TOO enthustaisticly. Taiki nodded, if you could even consider the slight movement of his head a nod. Yumi ignored her step-brother.

"Hi, Kazuma. Mum tells me your house is really kick-ass." Kazuma winced.

"Well, yes, it is a very...NICE house," he replied. "But, remember, it's YOUR house, too!" Yumi groaned.

"Whatever..."

[-End Chapter One-]