Fan Fiction ❯ Even the Darkest Corners Hold Light ❯ High Drive Talk ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"All set?" Kazuma asked from the driver's seat. Miharu nodded, Taiki mumbled, and Yuri groaned.

"Alrighty, then!" Kazuma said, putting the key into the ignition and pulling out of the parking ramp. Miharu and Kazuma almost immeidiatly began talking about small things, like what to make for dinner, and who would make it. Taiki put on a headphone set and began playing a CD player, at a very high volume.

"God...He doesn't even listen to GOOD music, does he?" Yumi thought as she heard the strains(OK, so she could hear it pretty clearly) of a Rap Song. Yumi, herself, was more into Rock, Techno, and Classical, and she absolutely DESPISED Rap, HipHop, RnB, or anything else of the sort.

It was just the way she was.

Yumi groaned, and it went ignored, which caused her to groan even more. She finally decided to read, and had pulled out her current find, when they turned onto the Highway.

When they had finally exited, and were about a half mile from their house("Kazuma's house..." Yumi still thought), when Miharu turned around in her seat and faced Yumi.

"Sweetie...I was thinking," she said softly. Yumi looked up, eyes raised. "Well, it's just that...Since you came on a Tuesday, even though there's still school tomorrow, do you want to stay home?" Yumi's eyebrows quirked higher.

"SKIP school?" Yumi asked. "Mum, are you OKAY?"

Miharu laughed. "Of course, sweetie! It's just...Well, maybe you want to spend the day alone at home..." Taiki managed to catch that inbetween songs, and he snatched off his headset, and stopped is CD.

"Hey, how come Yumi gets to stay home, but I don't?" he demanded.

"Taiki, you've got to understand...Yumi probably is feeling very lonely and depressed, after leaving all her friends back in West Country," Kazuma answered. "It's only fair."

Yumi moaned. "He-llooo," she said. "I'm HERE. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't talk as if I wasn't, and let me make my own decisions." Miharu gasped.

"Yumi! Show some RESPECT!" she cried. Yumi rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. I'll go to school. People will think I'm a freak, or something, if I DON'T." She turned back to her book. "Period. End of story. Topic closed from discussion."

Miharu looked at her daughter for a moment, before sighing, and turning to face the front again. "Fine, then," she said, as Kazuma pulled the car into the driveway.

"We're home," he said cheerfully. Yumi moaned.

"Yeah. Whatever," she mumbled. "It may be YOUR home, but it sure as hell ain't MINE," she thought.

[-End Chapter Two-]