Fan Fiction ❯ Even the Darkest Corners Hold Light ❯ Corners Growing Darker ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Yumi walked around the church, holding merely a flashlight, and the batteries were beginning to wear out by the time Yumi reached the top floor.

She'd searched every single room for Ibuki, and could find him no where...But why did she want to find him anyways?

"This is sooo friggen' wierd," she said, leaning against a windowsill, and hanging her head just slightly out of the open frame. The cool midnight wind whipped her hair around her face, and stung her eyes with every gust, but it calmed her down, somehow...

"I wonder where he really is..." Yumi pondered. She was seriously growing worried about Ibuki, but she had no idea why.

"Better go back downstairs. Who knows? Maybe I just missed him and he's already down there." She turned around, and found herself looking at someone...She had no idea WHO, however. Thier face was hidden by shadows. Yumi dropped the flashlight and was about to scream, when a hand covered her mouth, and the person bent down.

Yumi's eyes widened. "I-Ibuki?!" she thought. "When'd he get behind me?!" Ibuki smiled.

"Calm DOWN Yumi, it's only me!" He said, uncovering Yumi's mouth.

"What the HELL are you doing?" Yumi hissed. "Why weren't you downstairs?"

"Is it THAT big of deal?" Ibuki asked. "Why are LOOKING for me?" Yumi looked away - she couldn't answer.

Ibuki realized this, and began laughing. "Excatly," he said. "If you don't know the reason, you shouldn't do it." Yumi turned back to face Ibuki.

"THAT'S stupid," she whispered. Ibuki looked taken aback - He usually was told his words of wisdom were actually wise.

"I mean, what if the person you love is going to die? Huh? What then?" Yumi explained. "Do you NEED a reason to save the person you love most?" Ibuki began laughing.

"What the HELL?" Ibuki said. "It's a friggen' LOCK IN, Yumi-chan! You're acting like you thought I was DEAD!" Yumi wrestled out of Ibuki's grip.

"And you make it sound like I've just said I've loved you all my life, you dimwit!" Yumi cried. Ibuki looked at Yumi with a sad look.

"Fool," he whispered, turning away. "You big huge fool."

[-End Chapter Six-]

[-Wow. EXTREMELY short...Hm...Am I moving the story along too quickly? Well, I promise I'll make Chapter Seven long and slow. ^^ Not TOO long or slow, though..-]