Fan Fiction ❯ Everlasting Sacrifice ❯ Forget that which was never known ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or the various songs used throughout this story…if you don't know that by now are you unable to read?

Awaken that which was never Asleep

Crystal

The tournament champions for each school were just chosen yesterday, and guess what? Harry was one of them! Of course, so was Cedric Diggory but Harry Potter has to share the championship position…well, it's not really they have a championship position, but each has a shot of making it to the championship.

"Crystal!" a voice called out behind me. I turned around to see Hermione.

"What is it Granger?" I asked as she hurried up to me.

"Well, I just wondered if you planned on doing the potions homework tonight. I thought we could study together…I mean, Harry is busy right now trying to figure out what's going on…" she said.

"I did it during class," I said, "Remember? You even pointed out I shouldn't be scribbling during class."

"You did it during transfiguration?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"I always do. I always finish it quickly too, so?" I asked and Hermione sighed.

"Well, we should still study together, or do you have things to do now?" she asked.

"I actually have to do something right now, but I'd be glad to study later!" I said, forcing a grin.

"Okay then," she said and headed off.

"I have things to do," I murmured and hurried off.

I can't find the rhyme in all my reason

I've lost sense of time and all seasons

Feel I've been beaten down

By the words of men who have no grounds

I was in a good seat to watch the tournament's first competition! Remus actually sat next to me, he just said he was concerned for Harry, but I knew he feared my unconscious would try something. I couldn't understand at all what he wanted to make sure didn't happen but it was enough to drag him here. Well, I guess dragged here wouldn't be the appropriate sentiment to the situation. He brought himself here to make sure Harry was okay…after which I coughed "BS" in his face, which made him smile.

"This is it!" I said, and the first competitor came out. I didn't pay much attention to how they did, just because I really didn't care. I knew I'd probably only watch to see what Harry did because he was so young to be in the tournament. How he was entered when he didn't get past the age line was beyond me, but Remus said it was possible; it would just take a lot of magic to do so.

"Calm down," Remus said with a sigh and I laughed.

"I love dragons!" I exclaimed and Remus let out a laugh and sat down from his observation point.

"Of course you do, why you wouldn't love dragons is beyond me," he said sarcastically and I looked at him puzzled.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"It's in your nature to like dragons because you are one," he said, "Remember? I told you that over the summer!" I smiled and nodded and then stood up to look at what was going on. Second contestant was up! How'd the first one do? Oh well, I bet Hermione would be willing to tell me later.

I can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom

When your ax has cut the roots that feed them

Forked Tongues in Bitter Mouths

Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

"Wai!" I shouted out of the blue. Remus looked at me with a confused glance and I looked back equally confused.

"I believe it means hurrah…but I'm not sure," Remus said, "I'm not as fluent with Dragon Tongue as Sirius or Severus are."

"That was dragon?" I asked in surprise, "What the crap?"

"Something about this tournament doesn't seem right. Your unconscious seems to be increasing in sensitivity…" Remus said and then looked back toward the arena. The 3rd Contestant was on, and then Harry would be following next, right?

What if you did?

What if you lied?

What if I avenge?

What if eye for an eye?

"Increasing…maybe something is going to happen…would that be a good thing though?" I asked, diverting Remus's attention once again. For a moment he looked saddened.

"You're more peppy and energetic now, much more than you were before…at this moment, you really have nothing to be sad about…but I know that as soon as you get your memory back, things will be different, much different," Remus said, "I'm sorry to say it but I don't miss not having that part of you around…and it'll be worse because Lily and James aren't here anymore…" I nodded.

"I won't, I promise!" I said, "I'm still my own person, and my memory shouldn't change my personality that much, should it?"

"It will," he said with certainty, "I know that much is true."

I've seen the wicked fruits of your vine

Destroy the man who lacks a strong mind

Human pride sings a vengeful song

Inspired by the times you've been walked on

"Harry's up!" I said, pointing, "And he's facing that Hungarian Horntail!" Remus stood and observed Harry as he came out onto the field. I watched intently too, focusing on the dragon. All of the dragons were nesting mothers, which made them twice, maybe even three times as dangerous. Harry raised his wand and summoned his firebolt! It was an amazingly fast broom; I had seen them in the Quidditch World cup this summer.

"Would you look at that?" Remus asked in awe as Harry began to fly around the dragon. I think he was taking less time than the others had taken, but I wasn't sure. I wondered what he was planning, but as he rose higher up into the sky, I realized what he was going to do! He was trying to get the dragon to leave its nest and fly!

"Hey, look!" I said, "I know what he's going to do!" Remus looked at me.

"It's obvious," he said, "I've never seen it done before, but if anyone can do it, it's him!" Harry swooped down low as soon as the dragon took off. I watched him snatch the egg, and he carried it off and made it to safety!

"He had the fastest time, I just know it!" I said, even though I didn't know. I was just hopeful, that was all.

"Yeah, he is!" Remus said, "I mean he was!"

My stage is shared by many millions

Who lift their hands up high because the feel this\

We are one; We are strong

The more you hold us down, the more we press on…

The dragon however wasn't calming down! It started to rampage and I watched as the team of wizards who brought it tried to stun it and prevent it from hurting anyone! The stands began to clear out as people ran away from the breaths of fire shooting towards them.

"Crystal, we have to go!" Remus said, tugging at my sleeve, "The tamers will take care of the dragon!" I remained still, focused on the dragon in front of me, on the ground. The stun attacks weren't working; they were only making it madder! I watched a joint attack hit the Horntail and it almost got it but then it went right back, thinking its eggs were going to be harmed! At least, that was a most possible reason!

"I have to do something!" I said and looked around at the empty stands surrounding us. Everyone seems to have gone away!

What if you did?

What if you lied?

What if I avenge?

What if eye for an eye?

"What are you going to do?" Remus asked, but before he got his answer I leapt off of the stand and easily landed on the ground. I made my way towards the dragon at a jog. The dragon noticed me and I barely managed to dodge the flames. It was by that time everyone on the field noticed me.

"Get out of here!" one of them yelled at me but I wasn't listening.

"…" I paused for a moment, why was I out here? I didn't remember jumping down… All of a sudden, a voice not my own began to speak.

"Calm!" the voice yelled, but it wasn't in English or any language I had ever heard before, what was going on?

"What the hell?" someone asked and the dragon blew flames at me again.

"Crystal!" Remus yelled, "Snap out of it!"

"Calm down dragon!" the voice said, and my legs seemed to move on their own towards the dragon. It roared and shot flames at me but I dodged it like before. I was scared; I wasn't even controlling my own body anymore! What was this language I was speaking?

"…" I heard Remus fall silent, maybe he was coming down to try to get me or something.

"Dragon, who goes by the motherly ways…calm down before you hurt your young," the voice continued and I let out a scream as claws sunk into my shoulder and I fell to the ground, "DRAGON! Hear my voice and be silent!" There was power behind that voice, I was sure I had heard it! Was that really my voice? I gripped my shoulder and winced in pain.

"Crystal!" I heard Remus call again, but his voice seemed so distant.

"The dragon's calming down!" a voice cried, but I couldn't hear what came after that. I felt myself return to being myself.

"It hurts…" I said before I fell to the ground. I felt arms pick me up and cradle me close to a warm body, and then I felt no more.

I know I can't hold the hate inside my mind

"Crystal, you're okay now, everything's fine," a voice said softly and I opened my eyes slowly, not surprised to find myself on a hospital bed. I noticed Remus and Harry and the gang, including Fred and George were there as well. Fred held some chocolate and Hermione was arranging some daisies in a vase nearby.

"What happened?" I asked wearily, trying to sit up and realizing the pain when I raised my left shoulder.

"You got attacked by that dragon," Ron said grimly, "I wasn't there to see it but Professor Lupin says the dragon went on a rampage and you were caught in the crossfire."

"But that's not…" I said and Remus looked at me with a face that said `I made up some sort of half-lie to protect your from explaining to them why you went after a dragon, which you yourself don't know why you did so shut up and accept it'. Okay, maybe the shut up part wasn't in there, he wouldn't be that rude…

`Cause what consumes your thoughts controls your life

"Well, we brought you some chocolate," Fred said. I smiled and accepted the package. I knew they would want to hear the true story about what had happened later.

"We saw you get caught by the dragon's claw…" George said and I sighed. Figured they'd be there to see it.

"Curiosity killed the cat, you know that right?" I asked and looked at them.

"Luckily…" Fred said.

"We're not cats!" George finished and I found myself giggling. Remus rolled his eyes and stood.

"Where're you going?" I asked.

"Well, I think it best I get out of here. Don't worry, I'll be here to watch Harry in the next part," Remus said. I knew better though, he'd be coming to make sure I didn't do anything again, or something like that.

"Or to do damage control," I said with a grin, "I mean, who knows when I'll get caught in some more crossfire!"

"That too," he said and made his way to the door, "I'll talk to you all later, so goodbye."

So I'll just ask a question

A lonely simple question

I'll just ask one question!

"Yeah," I replied, "Harry, you did great out there! I wanted to tell you!" He smiled at me.

"Thanks," he replied and made his way to the door, "I have some things to do, are you coming everyone?"

"Not us!" Fred and George said in unison but Hermione and Ron went to join Harry and they said their goodbyes and left.

"So you two wanna hear what happened?" I asked.

"I think we already know about it, you talked dragon tongue!" Fred said.

"And there was a lot of power behind those words…" George continued, "I could tell, your eyes flashed red for a moment."

"What happened?" I asked as I turned to look for a mirror. My eyes turned red? I've always been told they were green!

"They were red for only a moment," George said.

"But you meant business when you said whatever you were saying," Fred continued.

"Although I don't think you knew what you were doing…" George said.

"It must've been an unconscious power lying dormant while you try to get your memory back," Fred said.

"And it was a cool power too, wasn't it Fred?" George asked.

"Being able to speak dragon is rarer than a Parselmouth. I hardly knew there was such a language," Fred continued.

"Until today," George said.

"I suppose there are multiple languages for everything but most don't care to learn them or aren't born with the ability to speak them," Fred said.

"Or they're lost languages no one knows anymore save a few special people," George said.

"Like the clans we read about last year?" Fred asked.

"Um…guys?" I asked but they were ignoring me.

"We read it last year to try to figure out what was going on with you," George said, "Hermione had said something about you having the temper of a dragon so we decided…"

"To see what we could find," Fred continued.

"And you fit the description," George finished.

What if? What if? What if? What if? What if I?

"Are you two even paying attention to me?" I asked, "Do you two even know what you are saying?"

"Of course we do!" Fred said, "At least when we began we did…"

"I think we made sense throughout our speech…" George said and then they both smiled.

"Well, at least you're feeling better," Fred said, "You've been out of it for about 2 days. We brought you your homework, you won't be going back to classes today or tomorrow I think."

What if? What if? What if? What if? What if I?

"Oh, okay… I don't want to let my grades slip!" I said with a laugh, "Even though I still can't get up!"

"You will probably be able to later, I think you're strong…" George said, "Anyways, you should probably get some more rest."

"I'm not tired!" I complained and tried to get up again, but Fred pushed me down.

"No way would we let you hurt yourself again!" Fred said.

"As your friend I insist you get some more rest!" George said jokingly.

What if? What if? What if? What if? What if I?

The two left and I relaxed on the bed. Did Severus see what had happened? If he did, wouldn't he be here, wanting to know why? Or did Dumbledore say something? What if he realized…what would happen? Would he accept the fact I don't remember save for what people are telling me? I turned my head to the side and felt tears form on my face. I missed him; I wanted to be with him. I didn't remember why, but with him I felt safe, loved…

What if you did?

It was only a feeling I was going on, simply a feeling…

What if you lied?

If he knew and wanted me to tell him something, would I lie to him just to make him happy? Would I lie to him just to feel safe in his arms, dependent on just a feeling? Would I lie to him just so I could be with him, just to satisfy my curiosity?

What if I avenge?

What would he do when he found out? I mean, if I was really this person…would he accept me, seek vengeance, call me a liar? I didn't even know who I was, how would he react, how would I react if we had a confrontation? I brought my hands to my face, why was I crying? Why was I shedding tears? Did I even truly have a reason to shed them? Why is it me…why was I the only one without memory, without a sense of belonging…without a sense of self?

What if eye for an eye?

I wished it to end; I didn't want to feel like this anymore!

What if your words could be judged like a crime?

What was I going to do? I couldn't control myself at times, it was harder and harder. I felt like I was loosing a sense of myself in order to gain my old self back.

What if? What if? What if? What if? What if I?

What am I going to do? Who can I talk to? I needed to talk to someone. I considered Remus, just for a moment…but decided that he had done and was doing all he could.

What if? What if? What if? What if? What if I?

Dumbledore wouldn't work…neither would Fred and George, they're too young. Well, Dumbledore's not, but the twins are. Who could I talk to…I needed someone…

What if? What if? What if? What if? What if I?

Someone who'd know what to do…or at least make me feel better, give me a better sense of who I was. Who hadn't I really talked to that would know…I had given Dumbledore my word I wouldn't talk to Severus, so he was out of the question…

What if? What if? What if? What if? What if I?

Wait…SIRIUS! I could talk to Sirius! He would be able to help me, wouldn't he? He knows a lot about my past; a lot about who I was…I mean…he said he loved me, right? I had to talk to him…but he wasn't anywhere near here…I guess writing him would be the next best thing…I had to talk to Sirius… I knew I could get some answers from him…I just knew it… Sirius…

What if?

TBC

A/N: Like it? Hate it? Let me know what you think! I love writing this story; I'm so glad people like it. Well, let me know what you think…I'll update as soon as I find the time then, I have a lot of other stories to work on…See you later then!