Fan Fiction ❯ Fairytale ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]



~Fairytale~


- Chapter 1 -


I see...clouds...

Red...red light stinging in my eyes and that loud, terrible sound piercing through the silence, pounding in my head...

...I hate that sound...

-----


Kamijo stared at his outstretched hand. The clouds slowly floating past his slim fingers above in the sky. He narrowed his blue eyes thoughtfully. The sound in his head grew stronger. The time was ticking away, faster and faster. He must hurry to be in time. He had to be in time for every failure, every mistake. He had to save them all.

- You can't save all of them...-

"Hey you! Are you gonna move or what?!" suddenly a hars voice pierced through his absent mind and he made a slight twitch. He looked down and saw a long row of cars hooting at him and an upset man yelling at him from a truck.
Kamijo looked around and noticed he had stopped in the middle of the street, he got back to the present suddenly and hurried over the street so the cars could pass by.
He draught deeply for his breath and stared down in the street. He was so sure he had seen something.
He turned his face towards the sky again and narrowed his eyes, but there was nothing there, just the white clouds, floating slowly over the blue heaven. He sighed and looked down again. The noise was gone, luckily. But he knew it would come back, it would always come back. He turned around and continued walking. He was already late for school probably, so he'd better hurry up.

(Why was it flashing red..?) he thought, still thinking about the vision. He just couldn't snap out of it. There had to be a reason, a pattern like it always was. He had to be in time.
He sighed again and stoped. (Red light..?) he thought and looked to his side. He noticed a young girl standing there, by the other side of the street, staring at him intensly. He narrowed his eyes and stared back at her in confusion. Her eyes were so strange. They were yellow, or more like golden. Glistening in the bright sunlight. She was staring right at him as if she was trying to say something.
He couldn't take his eyes of her. Her black hair seemed to be made of silk, and the brilliant glisten of her eyes, it was enchanting somehow.

He heared something ring in his ears, growing louder fastly. He didn't pay attention to it, it was too distant to be heard.
Suddenly, she smiled at him widely. But there were nothing warm or kind about that smile, and it made him react. Somehow it made him realise what was going to happen and he was brought back to reality.

She was standing in the middle of the street, her arms reached out from her sides and the ringing sound in his ears appeared to be no more than the loud hooting of a car, fastly coming towards her in high speed.

He gasped loudly and a blury vision flashed through his mind.

The clouds, the noise, the screaming sirens. Red light...

Blood...

- You can't save all of them...-

He yelled at her to get out of the way. The car hooting at her loudly, the noise driving him mad. Ringing in his ears, like a thousand sirens. He ran towards her. Gasping for air, throwing himself over her. Getting her out of the way.

Anything to save them... anything to forget...

A loud bang rang in his ears and the next thing he knew was the great pain in his head, poundering. His whole body going numb, aching of pain. The noise, still there, ringing in his ears, driving him mad.
He tried to breath but found it impossible. It smelled of blood and burnt gum. He heared the crackling flames from a fire, feeling hot in his face. He felt his eyelids getting heavier. His sight got clouded and blury. He was being rocked into the silent, dull sleep of unconsciousness. He tried to move but couldn't. He looked around but he couldn't see her. She was gone.
The sound was slowly starting to fade. He breathed out deeply and closed his eyes slowly. Everything was fading...

The last thing he saw was the red light from the lamps of the ambulance. Red as the blood trickeling down his forehead.

After that, everything turned black, fading into the darkness...

------

- Did it hurt?-

... No... I don't think so...

- Did it hurt?-

... No... it didn't hurt any more than anything else in this world... no more than the coldness from my mother... no more than the ironical jokes from my friends. No more than all their blank sights, staring at me...

... It didn't hurt...


Suddenly a clear light was stinging in his eyes. A soft whisper piercing through the silence.

Wake up...

His eyelids flickered open slowly. His sight was blury, but he could discern someone in the bright light. A little girl... shining as brightly as her eyes. Those golden eyes.
He couldn't see her clearly though, but he could hear her angelic, wispering voice echo in his head like thiny silver bells.

You're not supposed to be here...

You must wake up...

She seemed so distant, like a vision. An illusion that could be swept away by only a little movement with his hand. But he couldn't move.

Wake up! You have to wake up!

Her voice faded into the darkness. He reached out his arm to touch her, but she was already gone. He wanted to scream but no words escaped his mute lips. He closed his eyes again...

------

A soft, constant beeping pierced through the empty room. The steady sound, monitoring a heart beating.

He woke up with a twitch, his eyes flickering open wide. He was panting softly and a soft beeping sound pierced in his ears. He looked around. He was laying in a clean bed, in a small room. A hospital bed..? What had happened..? he couldn't remember... He turned his face to his side and saw a the monitor, causing the soft beeping sound.
He stared at it blankly. He had a bandage over his forehead and around his head. what had happened? He couldn't remember anything. Only a soft, whisper in his ear, so silent and distant, it could more likely just have been a wind sweaping by his ear.

You're not supposed to be here...

He turned to the other side and stared at the window. The sun was shining. He wondered for how long he had been staying there.
He reached out his arm towards it and studied it. The clouds outside still floating past his fingers slowly, in the blue sky.
"Another vision..." he whispered for himself in the silence.