Fan Fiction ❯ Fairytale ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]



- Chapter 2 -


"Your son has the ability to see the future... is that correct ms Makuto?" the doctor asked and glanced at the silent woman infront of him, waiting for a confirmation of his statement. She nodded slowly and stared at him. "Yes, since he was very little..." she said in a low voice.
The doctor nodded slowly and glanced through his papers. "Well, it seems as if he's been having clearer visons lately, are you aware of this?" he asked and she nodded again. "Yes..."
He leaned back in his chair. "He see things that are not real. The police has interviewed the driver and he said that Kamijo had been running towards the car, screaming. He believe he was trying to kill himself." he explained and the woman gave him a shocked look while rising a shvering hand to her mouth, covering it in terrify. She lowered her sight and stared down in the floor.
"When we later talked to Kamijo, he claimed that he had been rushing over the street to save a girl standing in the way of the car, but the driver says that there was no girl there." he said, his voice calm and serious.
The woman gasped softly and bit down into her lower lip, her shoulders started to shudder. The doctor leaned forward over the table and gave her a serious look.
"He has no grip of reality ms Makuto. He see two possible realities. One is created by his visions and his own mind, the other is the present time and reality. But lately, he has let the visions take over and he get lost in his own imaginary world." he explained.
The woman stared intensly at the brown carpet on the floor. A long silence filling the little office. She draught deeply for her breath and straighten up. She got up from the chair and faced the doctor at the table. "Can I see him..?"

------

Kamijo stared up into the celing. It was white, like the clouds outside.
He heared a silent knock on the door and he turned to face the person in the doorway. His eyes opening wide as he faced his worried mother.
She smiled slightly and walked inside, sitting down beside him on the bed.
She stroke his pale cheek carefully and gave him a worried look. "Are you all right Kamijo..?" she asked and he nodded slowly. She smiled again, glad to have it confirmed that everything was fine. "What happened three days ago?" she asked and he gave her a confused look. "I... was in a car accident..." he stuttered quietly. "I was trying to save her..." he said and his voice died. He looked down in the white sheets.
She felt her heart skip a beat as she heared his convinced voice. She turned his face upwards so that he was staring right at her, and she stroke his cheek softly.
"But there was nothing there Kamijo... what did you see?" she said with a shivering voice. Her tearfilled eyes studying his face in worry. He gave her a confused look. "But I saw her. She was smiling at me... it all happened so fast..." he said, his sight starting to fading again.
His mother shook her head slowly. "It was another vision Kamijo... she wasn't real. You have to draw the line between reality and imagination." she whispered and stroke his soft, dark blonde hair. He shook his head slowly and gave her an intense look.
"No, I swear she was there. It was no vision. I promise mother. She was really there." he said, his voice desperate with conviction. She bit into her lower lip and strained herself not to burst in tears.
"The driver said there was no girl Kamijo, only you, running towards the car..." her voice was shivering in worry and fright. "You could have been killed Kamijo..." she said and a tear trickeled down her pale cheek, her lips starting to shiver slightly. He gave her a blank look and the turned away his face. It didn't matter what he said. They would never understand. They would never believe him.

She were there. He had seen her, so clearly. She had smiled at him and stared back at him. She couldn't have been only a vision. They couldn't see him. He could only see them. But she had really seen him.
She had been different from all the others, because she wouldn't just stare right through him. She wouldn't have smiled if she had been a vision...

------

"He entered Galice, Elreon. He passed the REM..." Eelis said and turned around to face the younger man. "That is impossible for a usual mortal to do..." he said, narrowing his eyes thoughtfully.
The dark haired, young man looked at him seriously. "Yes Eelis-sama..." he said quietly, his eyes glistening in the bright light. The older man gave him a confused look.
"This is forbidden territory for a human, if it happens again he might not be able to return to the mortal world. He could get stuck between the REM and Galice, and never ever wake up again." he said seriously. His eyes fixed on the other man, staring at him intensly.
Elreon nodded slowly and bowed. "I will make sure it won't happen again my Lord." he said and turned around to leave. He walked slowly through the hall, staring down absently. There had to be a reason. Some kind of sign that made it possible. Those things wasn't meant to happen and it musn't happen.
It was strictly forbidden and those who guarded the entrances of Galice had the full responsibility that it did not happen. He had failed, he hadn't seen him coming. A mistake that musn't be done twice. It would be unfogivable.
He walked down the hallway towards an opened door. His eyes fixed on the red carpet beneath his feet. He stoped in the doorway and looked up, totaly present at once, not a though on his mind. Everything had been left outside that room, and now he stared at the silhuett of a little girl sitting in the room, dangling with her legs from a big armchair.
Her pale, delicate face gave her the appeariance of a doll. She seemed dead and alive at the same time. Her crystal blue eyes shimmering as brightly as the sun beams on the sea. Her brown, silky hair framing her face with long, perfect locks and her little mouth drawn into a thin line.

Precious angel of dreams...

She turned her porcelain like face towards him and looked at him sadly. "Forgive me Elreon-sama..." she whispered. Her lips seemed to move but didn't. Nothing to ruin her beauty.
Nothing about her would ever change. Her hair, always long and curly. Her face, always beautiful and young. She was only a child, and she would always remain like that. He walked towards her slowly and reached out his slender arms to embrace her. She leaned against his chest and squeezed the silver velvet of his shirt between her little fingers. "I'm sorry... I didn't know what to do..." she whispered and Elreon ran his long fingers through her soft hair.
"It's not your fault Mirelle. Don't be sorry. It won't happen again." he whispered in her ear and stroke her hair. She moved to look at him and he framed her angelic face with his hands.
"Are you angry with me Elreon..?" she asked in a worried voice. He smiled slightly and shook his head slowly, a strand of dark hair falling in his brown eyes. "No Mirelle, I'm not angry... I could never be angry with you, you know that." he said and leaned forward to softly kiss her forhead. She looked up suddenly, her eyes staring at him widely. "I didn't know they were so pretty..." she said in a dreamy voice.
Elreon looked at her and stroke her pale cheek. "They are pretty Mirelle, because they're not like us. Their eyes are not dead and blank as ours. They're alive. Forever changing..." he whispered and she looked at him intensly, listening to every word he said. Her eyes glittering of admiration. "Why don't we change like them Elreon..?" she asked and gave him a sad look.
He froze for a sudden moment and just looked at her. The thoughts slipping back into his mind. A still silence spread in the room. "I don't know Mirelle..." he said at last, staring distantly at the little girl infront if him, being carried away by thoughts again. Traped in his own mental world.

Another question that he would never find the answer to...