Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Frame IV: The House From Hell ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Darkness…blood…silence….a room… nothing…
Alexis looked at the old antique camera, strange markings surrounded its rim. She looked up at the middle aged woman.
“Are you sure you want to sell this for $20.00?” Alexis asked
The woman nodded, Alexis paid the woman and ran up to her friends who were all at the age of 16 and 17.
“All that just to buy a camera!” Kayla said with an exasperated sigh
Alexis smiled weakly, “I'm sorry… $20.00 just for an old camera like this doesn't seem enough!”
The woman then walked up to the group, she handed Alexis a black bag.
“What's this?” Alexis asked
The woman pointed to the camera. Alexis opened the bag to see different types of films in it. “Thank you!” Alexis said as she reached into her purse to pull out some more money.
The woman placed her hand on Alexis'. Alexis looked at the woman who shook her head no.
The group left the woman as more people bought items from her garage sale. The camera was placed in the black bag along with the film so it would be easier to find. The group then stopped in the park. Alexis sat with her friends on the ground near a tree in the shade. Alexis looked at her friends.
“Hey, let's try out my new camera? What do you say?” She asked
Everyone agreed and stood up while Alexis walked in front of the tree, she smiled and pulled the camera to her face. In the front was Tucker and Clayton sitting cross-legged, in the middle were Kayla and Ryan and at the top were Sarah and Micah.
“Say cheese!”
“CHEESE!!!” Everyone said
“Swiss cheese!” Sarah said immediately after everyone said `cheese'.
Alexis laughed as she took the picture, “Okay a funny one now!”
Everyone looked at each other, stuck their tongues out while placing their index finger under their right eye and pulled down.
Click went the camera.
“Good one!” Alexis said with a giggle
“Hey, now that that's over can we get something to eat?” Micah asked
“Yeah, let's go to that new Japanese restaurant!” Exclaimed Tucker
Everyone sighed at the remark Tucker had made, and then decided to give it a try. Everyone walked down the sidewalk talking, not noticing they left Alexis by herself. Sarah turned around.
“Hey you guys… where's Alexis?” she asked
Everyone turned around to see Alexis looking at one of the branches of the tree. The group ran up to Alexis and looked at her.
“Alexis are you okay?” Ryan asked
No reply.
“Alexis?” Tucker asked this time placing his hand on Alexis' shoulder.
“What?” Alexis asked as she then turned to her friends.
“What's going on?” Clayton asked
“The little girl… she won't come down. She says she wants to stay up there!” Alexis said in a trance-like voice.
Everyone looked up into the tree, nothing. Nothing was there.
Tucker took Alexis' hand, “Don't worry Alexis, the girl will be fine! I promise!” He said as he led Alexis away from the tree.
Everyone knew that Alexis was seeing the impossible, Alexis had a sixth sense, she could sense if something was going on behind her without looking. Which disturbed the others, they had gotten used to it after a while. So if Alexis knew what they wanted for lunch or were to eat, they were fine, but when it came to her talking to spirits or apparitions it made them panic. It had been over five months since Alexis had talked to a spirit, why now? The group didn't care, not one bit. For at dinner it was a constant chatter about school projects and other stuff.
During dinner Alexis starred at the black bag as images ran through her mind, two mansions, ropes, a long hallway, blood and darkness. Alexis covered her face with the palms of her hands, she tried to ignore the images, but every time she closed her eyes the images appeared again. This time with other pictures like; a mirror, keys and woman in white kimonos each in a different surrounding.
“Alexis?” A voice asked
Alexis looked up to see Tucker looking at her, “You okay?” Tucker asked
“Yeah, I'm fine!” Alexis said as she then looked at her feet.
The whole time Alexis ate the images kept showing up, they wouldn't go away…