Fan Fiction ❯ Fatefully Forced ❯ Return Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A darkened forest stood before her. She stood as though she was mesmerized. She entered the eerie, and still dark forest, with a blank and distant look that had slowly crept across her face as she had approached the forest. She walked along the rocky path, cautiously, as though one wrong move would cost her, her life. Silently, a short guy, leapt from tree to tree, and had been doing so since she had entered the forest. This guy had crimson red eyes and black spiked hair that after thirty bottles of gel could be called gravity defying. He was dressed in all black, a katana at his side, which was concealed by a pitch-black cloak.
This girl had just now noticed that she was being followed, and started walking at a slower pace. This pace had made her stalker extremely impatient; he couldn’t stand to go this slow rate for much longer. With his impatience growing, he decided to make himself known.
He dropped from the unstable branch, on the tree that was directly above her, landing silently before her. This sudden movement caused the girl to loose track of what she was thinking.
As he gave the girl a deadly glare, for the first time he had realized whom he was following. The girl had shoulder length brown hair that was knotted and tangled, making it look like a birds nest, and icy blue eyes, which held no emotion. She wore a skin tight black shirt that stopped just above her belly button, and sleeves that stopped at her elbows, then blood red pants with a black leather lace running up the sides of the pants, accompanied by spike heeled, open toed, black sandals, and a backpack slung hastily over her shoulder. This girl was the girl he had been sent to retrieve after she had ran away, though he hadn’t realized who she was when she first entered the forest.
“Who are you?” the girl demanded using a cold, emotionless voice.
“Hn. Why should I tell you?” the short boy replied, with a smirk across his face.
“Well, if you don’t want to give me your name, then I’ll be on my way, shorty.” the girl replied, glaring as she said it.
Before she could take another step, the guy in front of her had pulled out his katana and she was now pined to the ground, the katana pressed against her throat, and the little ‘short’ on top of her.
“Hn. If you really want to know my name Princess, then you’ll do as you’re told.
“Fine, just let me up.” the girl spats back.
The ‘shorty’ gets off of her and waits impatiently for the girl to stand up and brush herself off. Her black shirt was now ripped, and her pants were stained with mud.
“You owe me a new outfit,” the girl states, becoming a bit angry.
“Hn. Follow me.” ‘Shorty’ says.
She does what she is told since she wants to find out who this guy is, and she doesn’t have her weapons with her, so she couldn’t start a fight. In her hurry to run away, those were the only things of importance to her that she had forgot.
*
A while later, they were standing in front of two large doors which led in to her fathers office, the place where he spent most o f his time. She knew better then to appear before her father in the shape she was in, but she also knew that the jerk standing next to her wouldn’t let her change, for fear that she would run away again. After a few minutes hesitation, she entered the room, with her head held high, and walked straight to her father’s desk and stood before him.
Her father however, wasn’t sitting in his desk as he usually was. He was leaning against his desk, and he wasn’t wearing his usual outfit. Instead, he was wearing a black turtleneck shirt, with what could be considered a robe with slits on the side. The robe was black with red flames on it, and black pants underneath, plus a pair of black shoes. Around his neck, dangled a pacifier on a chain He had short, chocolate brown hair, along with big brown eyes.
When she had entered the office, she had noticed four other boys standing there, but hadn’t paid much attention to them.
“Glad you’re back, Elisa.” her father said, turning his head her way.
“I’m glad you are, because you’re the only one.” Elisa spat back.
“Shadow, thank you for finding and brining Elisa back.” Kenji said.
Upon hearing this, Elisa whipped around, and sent a bone chilling death glare towards him.
“So shorty, that was your name all along, gee what a stupid name. I guess I should have known, since you were using the shadows to hide in.” Elisa spat, anger rising in her voice.
“Hn.” was his only response.
“Kenji, who is this girl?” the red headed guy asked.
For the first time, the red headed boy leaning against the wall had caught her attention. His long flaming red hair fell just below his shoulders, gorgeous emerald green eyes, and the perfect smile. He was wearing a light blue pair of jeans, ragged old tennis shoes, and a white turtle neck shirt, and a yellow off the shoulders sweater on top of that, with the sleeves pulled halfway up his arms, and his hands in his pocket.
“Well, Jesse, Elisa is my daughter, and she’s usually very polite.” Kenji said, turning to face them.
“So, father, who are these people?” she asked, with a smile spreading across her face.
“You should know. They’re my detectives.” Kenji snapped.
“And they’re exactly why I ran away, which I’m about to do again. Since you value your detectives over your daughter.” Elisa spat, before she turned to run out the door.
Before Kenji could say any thing more, Jesse was out the door, right behind Elisa.
“Elisa, stop please.” Jesse shouted after her.
“No, why should I?”
“Please stop, and listen to me for a minute, then if you don’t like what I’m saying, you can continue running without me chasing after you.”
Elisa ran for a few more seconds before she convinced herself it was safe to stop.
“What do you want?” Elisa asked, turning around to face Jesse.
“First I want to know if you’re going to listen to what I have to say?” Jesse questioned, with a serious voice.
“Yes, I’m going to listen.”
“Alright, Elisa, why you ran away in the first place was totally wrong, I can see your point on how you never see your father as him not loving you, but you’re wrong. The other detectives and I don’t even spend half an hour a week in that office. In fact, he usually is working on paper work. Also your father hates never being able to see you, you can see it in his eyes.” Jesse said, taking a couple steps closer
“Jesse, you’re wrong, he doesn’t love me.”
“No, Elisa listen, if your father really hated you, do you think he would have been happy to see you when you returned?”
“No, but he was faking it.”
“Elisa, why don’t you go to your room for a while and cool down? Your father and I will be up in a little while to talk. Is that alright?”
“Alright.” Elisa said, trying to convince her self that every thing would be all right.
*
Jesse waked into Kenji’s office to have every ones attention turn towards him.
“Where is she?” Kenji asked, his face full of panic.
“Calm down, Kenji, she’s in her room, awaiting for you and I to meet her up there.”
“Alright everyone you’re dismissed.” Kenji said, disappointment clear in his voice.
*
Elisa did as she was told and went to her room. There was something about that boy that made her not want to disappoint him, and it wasn’t a crush. It was different, as though he was her brother. But that wasn’t possible, was it?
She had now entered her room, and she was sitting on her bed, her legs brought up to her chest, and her arms wrapped around them. Just then, there was a knock at the door. Elisa ignored it and turned over so she wasn’t facing the door. She then placed her head on her knees, closed her eyes, and began to cry silently to herself.
Her door opened slowly, and Kenji and Jesse walked inside. Jesse walked over and sat next to Elisa on the bed, and wrapped his arms around her. Kenji just sat in a chair near the bed.
When Elisa felt the arms wrap around her, she turned and buried her face in his chest. She didn’t care who it was, just someone to comfort her.
“Elisa, listen, we need to have a talk between the tree of us, but if you aren’t going to believe me then I’m not going to waste my breath, so are you going to listen to me?” Kenji asked becoming very serious.
“Yes, I’ll listen.”
“Alright, first of all, you’re adopted. When you were very young your brother was killed, although his spirit escaped to that of an unborn human child. Two years later, on your birthday, your parents were killed. Seeing as you were only four years old, and you wouldn’t survive much longer on your own, I adopted you. So you are a fox demon, and as for your brother, your brother is the one who has his arms wrapped around you.” Kenji said, keeping both a serious face and tone.
Both Jesse and Elisa looked up at Kenji to see that he was serious; they then looked at each other. This guy who was possibly one of the only ones who could get her attention was her brother. The one guy who she had secretly fell head over heels for, was her brother.
Elisa wormed out of her brothers grip, as a new tear streamed down her face like rain pouring down in a winter storm. She arose from her bed silently, and left the room without another word. She walked down the hall, and out the heavily guarded castle doors, and into the cool winter breeze caused by the snowstorm that had started moments before she walked out. The cool breeze mixed with the snow, made her clothes wet, her ratted hair blew in the wind, as she walked the trail that would eventually lead her to a garden next to a luminous blue lake.
Ever since she was young she had loved winter, although she wasn’t sure why. Although she knew there was more about her past that Kenji refused to tell her? Why didn’t she just demand to know everything? But then, maybe she wasn’t ready to know the truth. One thing that had always puzzled her though was whenever everyone was freezing cold, she was hot, as though she were on a beach in the middle of summer. But that was one thing she loved she could wear whatever she wanted in the middle of winter. But why was that?
She soon came upon the garden. She had been so lost in though she didn’t realize that she was approaching the garden that she adored. The garden was all roses, and the snow that was falling made it look twice as beautiful as it did on any other day. She also loved walking out into the garden on rainy days. The rain always had the scent of freshness to it. She would walk out in the middle of a rainstorm and stand in the rain, to her it seemed as though the rain-washed away all her problems.
As she glanced around the garden, she noticed that the fountain hadn’t been shut off. In the middle of the garden stood a black marble base to the fountain. On top of the base, was what looked like a fallen angel, with long tousled hair, tattered wings, and tears streaming down her face?
Just beyond the fountain was a glass casket with someone inside of it. Elisa had always noticed it before, but she was never courageous enough to approach it. However, this time curiosity got the better of her, and she slowly but silently approached the casket. She peered through the glass, on a black silk mattress with matching pillows laid a beautiful young girl. Who was this girl, how did she die? Elisa thought to herself. This girl couldn’t be any older then even maybe twelve years old, and here she was lying dead in a glass casket.
The girl had beautiful long silver hair, which went halfway down her back; her face had a sad and lonely expression spread across it. Her clothes was an off the shoulders black dress, with open toed black sandals. Seeing this brought tears to her eyes, this girl had died at a young age for some unknown reason. It had made no sense to Elisa why people had to die so early.
Elisa slowly turned away from the casket, and turned towards the once sparkling blue lake; to the lake that had lost it’s sparkle due to the sudden snowstorm. The lake was now becoming a frozen puddle that stretched across miles of land. This spectacular summer hide out, was slowly becoming the winter wonderland that she had always dreamt of.
There was only one thing missing. Her friends. Several years back, they had all moved away, and she hadn’t heard from any of them since, despite all the letters she had sent them.
*
“Do you think we should go after her?” Jesse asked with concern.
“No, she’s fine, she just went out to the garden, the place where she goes when she needs to be alone so she can think with out any interruptions, it’s her special spot.” Kenji said standing up, and walking towards the door.
“Besides, there’s a surprise out there for her.”
“Maybe you’re right.” Jesse sighed, worried about his younger sister.
Converting /tmp/phphPdvkB to /dev/stdout