Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Love: The Snape Story ❯ Chapter One... the other one was a prologue ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
.Chapter One.
-----------

The toffee colored owl flew through my bedroom window and softly landed on my black blanketed bed. peice of yellow parchment was attached to its leg. It let out a loud screech as I untied the letter.

"Hold on, hold on! I hope you like these, they are all I have!" I replied as the owl hopped onto my forearm. I walked over to my own owls cage, reached in and took out an owl treat. The beautiful owl took it greatfully and then took offf as smoothly as it flew in.

I went back over to my bed and picked up the rolled parchment. The handwriting wasn't the same as each year before when Hogwarts sent me an owl. I read,

"Dear Miss Celestia Tenjo,
I am to inform you that I, Professor Severus Snape, am to meet you in Diagon Alley at no later than noon on Sunday, September1. I will be taking yoiu to Hogwarts due to specific reasons. I will be outside of the leaky Cauldron. See you then. ~Professor Snape~"

I'm pretty sure I looked confused."Due to specific reasons..." that was odd. Teachers never took students to school. I didn't understand why Snape was to take me - I was in Hufflepuff.

"Celestia? Everything ok? Oh, a letter! Who sent you post?" My mum said as she knocked on my door and then let herself in.

"A teacher from school sent it. But I don't get it." I replied handing the letter to my mum. She read it. The same confused look took over her face.

"Why him of all people? I don't want Professor Snape taking you to school! I will write your HeadMaster and suggest a different eacher. i'm sure he will understand why..." Mum stated, handing me the letter.

"Mum, you don't need to do that. Snape isn't that bad. He's actually my favorite teacher. Don't worry about it." I tried to say. Mum raised her hand for me to stop speaking.

"Not in these times! That Death Eater will not take my daughter to school! You know whot that evil man did to my sort. And you know he hates you too. And Snape will feed you right to You- Know- Who Himself!" She spat. Her eyes began to fill with tears. "You... you know whot happened last year."

"Whot are you saying, Ced died because of Snape? Mum, bloody hell! It might be food for Snape to take me. He's not a Death Eater anymore. He could protect me if You- Know-Who..." I replied, sitting on the edge of my bed. I could feel my cheeks flush red.

"Dont.. say that Celestia! Well - it would have had to be in Dumbledores best interest tos end Snape for you. Fine. But Celestia... remember all you've learned. I'll be off... just wanted to see whot the screech was for." Mum said, with a fake smile. Then she left my room and slammed the door shut.

It hit me again. I wouldn't be going to Diagon Alley with my best friend this year. I wouldn't sit at the tables of the Leaky Cauldron with Cedric. My Cedric... the one I promised to be his friend forever. Harry felt so bad, I remember the look on his face when he came back from fighting with Voldemort. I was filled with even more hate towards Him.

Then I cried.

* * * * * * * *

"Hey Celestia! Can I come in? Celestia?" A soft voice said from the other side of my locked bedroom door, along with knocks.

"Who is it? Hold on..." I replied, rubbing my red, puffy eyes. I slowly walked to the door, twisted the lock key and let Sirius Ayoah in. "Hey Sirius."

"Aw Celest. Whot's wrong? I heard from your mum you received a letter from Snape!" Sirius said as we gave a gentle friendly hug in greeting.

"Ah. It's just... it's just that... it's odd knowing one of my best friends won't be going to Hogwarts with me this year. I miss him so much!" I said quietly. I chocked back the burning, unwanted tears. Sirius looked around my room which was decorated yellow and black for our Hogwarts house, Hufflepuff. There were moving pictures of Cedric with the Snitch squirming in his fist: of me, Cedric, Sirius and Justin; and posters from the Quidditch Wolrd Cup Cedric had bought for me of the Ireland team. Blurred balls of green shot across the pictures in a victory lap.

"I like whot you've done to the place! house spirit... always nice. YOu should come decorate my room! Celest... we all miss Cedric. He was one fmy best friends too. And Justins. It'll all be ok. Just think of him as your guardian angel. He's always watching over us all. Don't think of it in that way. Just remember the good times. But- tell me whot the letter said!" Sirius said soothingly. I know it would all be okay. Sirius was usually always right.

"Oh! That? Nothing really. ONly that Snape is meeting me at the Leaky Cauldron to take me to school. I don't get it. One would think that Professor Sprout would take me to school if they sent a teacher to get me. It's odd, isn't it?" I said, lying back on my black bed. I guess I could only want until that day to understand why... Only two weeks away.