Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of a Thief ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: It feels so weird not having to do a disclaimer for this story. I'm too used to writing fanfictions I guess... Anyway, here's chapter three. Hope you like it!

-H-E-A-R-T--O-F--A--T-H-I-E-F--H-E-A-R-T--O-F--A--T-H-I- E-F--H-E-A-R-T--O-F--A--T-H-I-E-F-

Chapter Three

Kin and Takara run into the park as the sun is setting, casting its glow onto the trees.

“Ryu!” Takara yells. “Ryu, where are you?!” She worriedly looks around as she runs, looking for Kisho’s familiar brown hair or any hint of the blue shirt and jeans he’s wearing.

Frustrated, Kin jumps up and grabs a thick tree branch and hoists himself up onto it in order to get a better look.

“Do you see anything, Keitaro?” Takara asks, slowing to a stop.

“Give me a second.” Kin replies, looking around.

Takara hears the tell-tale rustle of leaves that signals that Kin is climbing higher into the tree.

“I see him, Dai!” Kin yells down to her. “He’s due East!”

Takara nods. “Thanks Keitaro!” She says, before running in the direction the blonde-haired boy said to go.

Kin looks worriedly at his best friend from his spot on top of the tree. ‘I know its been rough for us these past few days, with the anniversary coming up and all, but Kisho’s always been the one who’s good at hiding his feelings.’

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Takara winces as a branch whips across her face and her cheek beings to sting. She keeps going anyway, slowing down when she finally sees Kisho on the swing. “Kisho…” She softly murmurs. A pain fills her heart as she looks at him sitting there crying, if his red puffy eyes are any indication. Takara almost runs over to him, but makes herself walk over to him instead.

Kisho doesn’t even look up when Takara kneels down beside him.

“Kisho?” Takara asks softly. “Kisho, are you alright?” She sighs when she gets no response. “Kisho, please. Talk to me. Say something, anything!” She begs, hesitantly resting her hand on the brunette’s shoulder.

“Go…” Kisho hoarsely says. “Just-just go…”

“Don’t be stupid, Kisho. I’m staying.” Takara stubbornly says, her blue eyes hurt. Carefully, she rests her head on his knee, ignoring the way her damp bangs fall into her face. “If you want to talk,” Takara whispers, fighting back tears at seeing her friend this way. “I’ll listen.”

Kisho lifts his head up slightly to look Takara in the eye. “Thank you.” He whispers sincerely.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“You and Kin certainly took a while to find Kisho last night.” Mai notes, frying eggs over the stove. “You two didn’t run into any trouble, did you?”

Takara shakes her head ‘no’ and opens the mini-fridge. “Where’d all these fruits and veggies come from? They weren’t here yesterday.” She says, pulling a water bottle out.

Mai glances up as she flips the eggs over. “I went out and got those this morning while the rest of you slept off your sugar-high hangovers.”

“Meh.” Takara shrugs off the comment and unscrews the lid of the water bottle and takes a drink.

Mai frowns. “The party is tonight you know. We really need to go over the plan once more to make sure we’ve completely got it down.”

Takara takes a few gulps of water before re-capping the bottle. “Wolf, in the wise words of both Kin and Yoshi, ‘We’ve been over this a billion fucking times! We know already!’.”

Mai gives the grinning dark-haired girl ‘the look’ before turning her attention back to the frying eggs.

Takara sticks her water bottle back into the mini-fridge and closes the door. “I’m off. Me and Yoshi are going to go explore and blow our money on a bunch of useless junk. I think Kin and Kisho are joining us.”

“At least take someone sensible with you.” Mai says crossly, scooping the eggs out of the pan.

“You wanna come, then? Kisho likes useless junk just as much as me and Yoshi do, and I know you’re not calling Kin sensible.” Takara comments, attempting to bribe Mai into coming with them for once.

Mai quickly turns off the stove and sticks the pan into the sink, ignoring Takara.

“Aww, c’mon Mai. We want you to come buy useless junk with us.” Takara begs. “You know you want to.” Her voice changes to a teasing one.

“I’d rather not. There’s a few adjustments I need to make on our dresses.” Mai replies.

Takara sighs. “Alright then. Your loss.” Turning to leave she asks, “Do you want anything?”

“If you see anything pertaining to our nicknames…” Mai trails off, knowing that Takara knows what she’s talking about.

“‘kay.” Takara saysm walking out of the kitchen.

Mai sighs and carries her food over to the small wooden table. ‘Those four will be the death of me.’ She fondly thinks.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Oooo! Look at this one, Keitaro!” Takara exclaims, picking up a silver dragon figurine.

“That’s cool.” Kin remarks, glancing over. “Check out the wolf I found for Aiko.”

Takara laughs. “It reminds me of a maneki neko.” She says as she hands the shop keeper the proper amount of money for the dragon. “I’ll see you later, Keitaro. I’m going to go check up on Sotaro and Ryu.”

“Especially Sotaro, right?” Kin asks, grinning. “Or are you hoping to bump into Ryu first for a little alone time.” He winks.

Takara blushes. “K-keitaro!”

Kin laughs. “You’re too easy to tease, Vix. Anyway, you especially wanna check up on Sotaro, right?”

“Yeah, you never know what the pup is up to.” Takara replies, willing the blush away.

“Too true, Vix. Too true.”

“Later.” Takara says, walking out of the shop, leaving Kin by himself.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Hmm…” A shadowed feminine figure murmurs from high up on a tree branch. From her position she can see the busy streets where all the shops dwell. “This may prove interesting.” The figure doesn’t move at all as a second figure walks onto the tree branch. “Ah, Skye, how goes your current mission?”

“Very well.” Skye replies, her voice muffled by the cloth covering half her face. The rest of her body is concealed by a hooded black cloak with silver designs on it. The only thing you can see are her eyes, which are light brown. “But I have a feeling the tides are to change soon.”

“By the stars?” The first figure questions.

Skye nods. “Yes, by the stars.”

“Ahh… well, you know what to do. You know the risks.”

“Indeed.” Skye replies.

“Go do your duty, Guardian Skye. Report to me when you can.” The first figure instructs.

“Yes, milady.” Skye replies, before jumping down out of the tree. ‘I’ll do my best.’

-H-E-A-R-T--O-F--A--T-H-I-E-F--H-E-A-R-T--O-F--A-- T-H-I-E-F--H-E-A-R-T--O-F--A--T-H-I-E-F-

Shiro: Well, here's the third chapter. I'm really sorry about how short it is. I'll try to make the next one longer.

Bast: So, who helped you write the scenes between Kisho and Takara?

Shiro: No one...

Bast: (teasingly) I bet Keitaro helped you.

Shiro: (squeaks) No!

Bast: (still teasingly) Well, I guess it was Kyle then.

Shiro: (snorts) Bast, Kyle couldn't write romance to save his life.

Kyle: HEY!

Shiro: He can defiantly cook to save his life and maybe right an action scene, but never a romantic scene.

Kyle: (pouts)

Bast: So we have a non-romantic cook, a psychotic mixed blood demon, an insane half-and-half demon, a wind apparition with issues, a bossy red fox demon, and-

Shiro: (finishes) -a very mean yami.

Keitaro: (sighs as Shiro and Bast begin arguing) Review replies are below! Please review!