Fan Fiction ❯ In Bondage ❯ The Introductions ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
1 Part 2: The Introductions

They looked at each other.

Each had a thought that crossed their minds.

/Why is he watching me?/

/She can't be evil, she just can't./

Even so, Jack was suspicious of her. Quickly he pulled out his sword, and Samantha caught the blade between her hands.

As she held the sword, Jack watched her eyes. A night black just like his, and filled with pain, as he was sure his eyes were.

Samantha saw his eyes and noticed that his eyes were filled with nothing but apprehension and sorrow.

/Here is someone who sees a similar fate to me./

That was on their minds.

"You have quick reflexes." Jack broke the silence.

"You are a quick fighter yourself."

Samantha released the blade and Jack lowered his sword.

/Say something!/

"I'm.............Jack."

/Way to fill, samurai./

"Samantha, you may call me Sam if you like."

"I hope I'm not offending you, but.why did you save me?"

/Why did I save him, anyway?/

"Um.because I could and I had nothing to do?"

"Aku flung you through time?"

"Yes and now I must find a way to go back and stop him before all this happens," Jack told Samantha.

Samantha said, "Aku has left a nasty legacy on me as well. He's turned my fellow villagers against me, and they banished me. They wont believe me when I say that one day Aku will destroy them."

She stood up to leave.

"Where are you going, Samantha, was it?"

Jack was sitting down on the rainforest floor; there he noticed her full height, a medium build, and sense of grace.

He had seen a lot of beings since being flung to this time. Right then and there, he thought her to be the most exquisite.

Samantha was not blind, and she noticed the nobleness in Jack. He was strong, yet gentle. He was a true warrior of righteousness and purity.

"I must try to save the village. They are the only friends I've ever known."

"I'm going with you."

"No Jack. I don't want you to be involved."

"I have to do something, besides, I owe you for saving me from the angel of death."

Samantha cast a look of worry and fear in her eye on him.

She turned away and walked toward the village.

Her head turned back to the samurai. "Well, are you coming or not?

As they grew closer, Samantha's pace quickened. Something in her told her that the village was in danger.

The two warriors broke through the forest and stopped on a hill looking over the village.

The scene was just awful.

I think this is the curse of writing. I keep leaving you with cliffhangers, ne?