Fan Fiction ❯ In Bondage ❯ The Village ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
1 Part 3: The Village

Aku was there.

And he brought lackeys.

"So, samurai. I see you have an ally. Well, let's see if you can cut through these forces before the village burns to the ground. Attack!"

All the lackeys surged as one toward the two warriors.

Both Jack and Samantha pulled their swords out of the sheaths and slid into fighting stances.

(Now would be the time that cool music plays.)

Sparks flew, weapons clashed and injuries/deaths were sustained.

All the lackeys, for some odd reason, were more interested in killing Samantha than Jack.

/What? Why her? I'm the one he wants dead./

"Oooh, sorry time's up. The village burns.

A blunt object knocked the two out.

Hours later, Jack woke up with a throbbing headache. His vision was blurred for a few minutes and all he could see was a bright orange ball. Jack walked toward the blur but was held back by a dark figure. As his vision cleared, he saw that it was Samantha. A small slash divided her right cheek and some blood was attempting to trickle down.

Not that he'd ever admit it to her, but even with that slash, she was an amazing sight to beheld.

Sorrow was written all over her face. "It's a Fire Dome."

"A Fire Dome?"

"An evil spell that Aku cast. No one on the out side can penetrate it, otherwise they'll burn, and the ones on the inside will eventually burn. It is only a matter of time."

She shut her eyes, but not before Jack saw the tears.

A rattly voice said in a weak whisper from the dome, "Sa.Samantha."

A man with severe burn marks approached the edge of the inside of the dome.

/Those features, I've seen them./

Samantha's face went pale.

"Father?" she said in a low whisper.

The burned man nodded. Tears were slowly going down and merging with the blood.

"Samantha, on behalf of the village, we're sorry we didn't listen to you. Please.stop Aku so this will never happen to anyone."

She silently nodded her head.

Samantha's father was then consumed in the flames.

That night, the female fighter watched the flames in the fire. Numbly she stared, and didn't notice when Jack sat down next to her. There was no objection when he placed his arm around her and hugged her. She merely looked up at him with a look in her eyes that plainly said thanks.

Jack was lost in his thoughts about earlier. Now the same horrible fate that plagued him befell on her as well. He wouldn't mind one bit.

His head turned and he saw that Samantha had fallen asleep with her head on his shoulder. Gently he laid her body on the ground.

/Even asleep, she looks graceful. /

Jack went to the other side of the fire and lay down to get some sleep himself. Before he fell asleep, he said to the sleeping Samantha, "Pleasant dreams."

Not as well written as the previous two, but still, I'm trying to get to the later chapters before Mon.