Fan Fiction ❯ In Bondage ❯ The Duel ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
1 Part 6:The Duel

Samantha appeared to be the same, except for an amulet on her neck. There was an air of evil upon the warrior, though.

"How could you?"

"How could I what?" Samantha asked in a different tone of voice.

"How could you work for Aku after what he did to the village?"

"There is no right or wrong, Jack. There is only Aku, and those who oppose him. And since you oppose him, you must die."

Her sword appeared out of nowhere and tried to slice Jack. He grabbed the blade like she did to his blade so long ago.

"Samantha why could you betray me?"

He propelled the blade away from him and pulled his own sword out. The swords clashed and sparks flew. They deflected each other's attacks while launching their own attacks.

It was the longest battle in Jack's life.

It was also one of the hardest, for tears threatened to blur his vision. He knew she would kill her if he didn't think of something.

He found the weakness.

During a volley of swipes, slashes, and blocks, the tip of his blade nicked the amulet, and, for a minute, he saw the old Samantha, with a look in her eyes that plainly said, help.

He placed the sword in his sheath.

"Please forgive me Samantha."

He grabbed the amulet around Samantha's neck and yanked hard.

The amulet went in his hand without resistance.

He let it drop to the ground and crushed it.

A dark spirit left Samantha and she fell to his arms.

Jack held her tight and heard a low murmur.

"Jack?"

He looked down and saw Samantha smile at him.

"We're even. Thank you."

Aku was furious.

"YOU TRAITOR!"

He grabbed Samantha tightly in his grasp.

"She is still in bondage to me! Now choose! Hand over the sword or lose your friend!"