Fan Fiction ❯ In the Garden... ❯ Veiled Forthcoming ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
In the Garden: Veiled Forthcoming

Lunali and Meriam talked for hours... it would seem that Lunali's first apprehensions about this strange wanderer were wrong.. she was a kind soul... a righteous soul...

In this world, there are few who will tell the truth, and fight for what they believe in, even if it's absolutely necessary. Few will go and fight the drawing darkness, when the day grows tired and weak; Meriam was one of them. She saw wrong in the world, and she tried her best to correct it... it was an admirable feat. Lunali wasn't like Meriam, and she knew that. Lunali saw wrong in the world every day, and didn't try to correct it in any way. Worse than that, she thought, is that she saw this wrong within her, and she didn't try and correct that, either. Open wounds gather infection, and she was seething with the sickness... the sickness in her heart and mind...

Lunali could do little but stare at Meriam... She was so young - around the same age as Lunali - but she was doing so much. She was setting out to put a giant band-aid on the world... what a noble task... Meriam noticed the looks of admiration, and ignored them far intto the early morning hours, until the sun rose. And then, under that pinkish golden blessing that fell upon the garden, Meriam grinned a little, and craned her neck down a little, getting to eye-level with Lunali, "Hey... Lunali... you okay? You look a little... dazed,"

She stared for a few more moments, then suddenly snapped out of it. She shaked her head slightly, and a small blush came over her as she looked into Meriam's eyes, "Uhh... yeah! Of course, I just..." and without a second thought, Lunali leaned forward, grabbing Meriam by the back of the neck, and pulling her in for a hard kiss. It lasted for a few moments... and Meriam didn't seem to object at first. But suddenly, she turned her head and pulled away.

"Lunali...."

Meriam simply stood up and took Lunali's hand in hers for a few moments, slowly backing away with a forlorn look on her face. She shook her head slightly with a small grin, and put her fingers up to her full lips, then winked.. made a shooshing sound... and exited the garden by first jumping on a bush, the climbing up over the massive stone wall.

Lunali just remained stunned for a time... thinking about what happened. In her mind, it seemed all too surreal... had she really kissed Meriam? Had Meriam kissed back??

The sun was up, she noticed somehow through her head swimming with thought. The night was sleepless, but it was time to get back to the shop and open it for the day's patrons. She knew the rest of the day wouldn't be the same though... and she had a feeling that nothing would be the same anymore...